( search forums )
can't place spawpoints
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
holdmykidney
November 5, 2002, 2:58 pm
Hello,
I seems to be encountering erratic behaviour when trying to place spawn points.
I can place spawns in the blue team area and outside of the map but I cannot in the red area.
The map was built using EditPro. I copied the entire Red area and copied/mirrored it to create the blue area. Then I used Soldat MapMaker to compile then add spawn, only to find that I couldn't any ideas?

Thiks is the area that will not accept any CTF spawn points: [IMAGE] soldatmapbug.jpg35.38 KB

holdmykidney

holdmykidney
November 5, 2002, 3:10 pm
hmm - possibly solved it myself.

When I had the mouse pointer over the blank areas the 'point in poly X' was flashing. So I shift-deleted any polys that seemed to be in spaces. A few I wanted dissappeared so I recreated them and it seems to be fine now.

holdmykidney

Apro
November 5, 2002, 4:41 pm
I think I have the same problem! How did you delete it... I can't even see it, so I don't know where it's angles are... I have tried with both, the MapMaker and the EditPro, but I can't manage to KILL IT!!!

No prob... Found it and its dead. I just had to be patient and follow the Point In ´Poly flashing and do the rest as you said. One damn good map coming soon [8D]... Thanks Kidney for the hint.

Meitzi
November 7, 2002, 4:38 pm
Thanks for the mail Apro. I found little bug in calculation (again) wich could real rarely cause broken polygon(s). At this moment you can fix it by selectin all polygons and then click "passable" twice. (and ok to warning message)

Apro
November 7, 2002, 4:55 pm

[:D]!!!

Thx Meitzi... Have to test that one... Maybe I can now finally finish a couple of my maps that had this bug [8D].