( search forums )
The Online Soldat Convention
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
sauron_the_deceiver
July 10, 2003, 1:11 pm
At some point in the near future a team of people (including me) are holding the first online Soldat Convention. Basically, we open a website for a week or so, and people release mods and maps during that time, mods and maps exclusive to the convention. The point of Scon is to get all the latest mods and maps that people have been working on released at the same time in the same place, and so the public knows where to get them. This, in turn, will improve the popularity and amount of downloads of your maps. M1nt Ch3w has set up the website to a certain degree, and is fixing it up. So now, all we need is people to create their mods and maps to release during the event. The URL for the website is http://www.turrino.it/scon/index.php - sign up for your virtual 'booths' and get cracking on those releases!

And yes I know the website is still designed like the Quake Expo....

CbbLe
July 10, 2003, 1:22 pm
btw: your website looks like Quake Expo =P

eilsoe
July 10, 2003, 1:25 pm
yeah :)

I signed up, can you fellas send out a mail to booth owners when the design is finished? I saw many pics unavailable when I tried to add a page.. :-
cheers!

CbbLe
July 10, 2003, 2:46 pm
will there be some sort of tournament during this Soldat Convention? would be fun.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 10, 2003, 6:31 pm
Yeah, we want to do tournies and stuff, we just need someone to run them. Me and mint ch3w can't do everything...

Eilsoe: Yeah, I have to get round to making some of those images. If you hover over the images spaces you can see what the button does anyway. Or you could do it in html, ya lazy bum...:P.