( search forums )
Waypointing Tips
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
bb_vb
July 11, 2003, 3:08 am
I have noticed that a lot of people have trouble with waypointing their maps, so I thought I'd give them a few tips. I have made a webpage with all the hints and info I could think of that might be of use to anyone in this situation. Take a look at:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/barsdell/waypointing/waypointing.htm

I hope it helps.

Phazon
July 11, 2003, 3:39 am
good job that has alot of the things i learned the hard way. thumbs up to you ;p

Gilrad
July 11, 2003, 4:23 am
Nice suggestions. If I ever make another map (not likely unless somebody comes up with another way to get custom maps online, aside from another official map pack), I will definately be making the waypoints. :)

Phazon
July 11, 2003, 6:04 am
btw it would also be cool if you got like an explanation of all the map editor and some other tutorials. I just found out how powerful the lighten/darken vertices thing is today. They arent just self explanatory anyways good job.

bb_vb
July 11, 2003, 6:17 am
Thanks for the feedback guys. Thats a good idea actually, I'll think about making a detailed tutorial for the map maker. But I actually don't have a clue how the lighten\darken thing works, I tried to use it once, but nothing seemed to happen, so if you could explain it to me I would be very grateful :).

Gilrad
July 11, 2003, 6:49 am
I can only get the lighten/darken tool to work half of the time, so most of my coloring is done by selecting verteces

xXShavoXx
July 11, 2003, 5:31 pm
Very nice tutorial!