( search forums )
Petition to NOT have stationary guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
R
July 11, 2003, 5:52 am
This is a petition so that stationary weapons will not be in soldat. i will believe that these will ruin the gameplay of soldat.

I sign the petition.

JayBDey
July 11, 2003, 6:03 am
And the only one.

Phazon
July 11, 2003, 6:47 am
R i think michal already said he took them out becuase they werent cool enough anyways and if he does put them in it will be because they ended up being fun so just leave it alone.

R
July 11, 2003, 6:50 am
maybe they were fun for him when he played with bots or with just his friends, but try having "fun" with the stationary guns in a public server with 10 noobs all trying to get to the stationary gun first and complaining about not having it.

I wanna just see how many other people share my feeling that the stationary guns are a bad idea.

JayBDey
July 11, 2003, 7:50 am
Anything you can say is wrong with them has already been addressed. They will not interfere with game balance, or encourage "spamming" or spawn killing.

snappy10
July 11, 2003, 7:58 am
i think a stationary gun for blue team in inf whould be ok. but it whould have to be slow shooting and bad aim. not ment to kill the red team just scare them then u can sneak up and shoot them :)

SuperKill
July 11, 2003, 9:45 am
*whoa, signs*

m1nt ch3w
July 11, 2003, 12:02 pm
i wont sign till i have actually played it with stationary guns. how do u know that n00bs will queue up for it? they might be well balanced and work well with the game.

on the other hand they might suk and be too powerful.

eyic
July 11, 2003, 12:12 pm
yeh thats what i think :|
but hey m1nt dude, ya never know lol, I can imagine n00bs just linign right behind that stationary gun waiting for their go :| Soldat just wouldnt be Soldat

well ill rub out my signature lol and ill do what m1nt will do :)

"rubs out signature on petition"

m1nt ch3w
July 11, 2003, 12:40 pm
lol, it could happen, but then again it might not. cant just jump to conclusions.

koil
July 11, 2003, 12:43 pm
well, i think stationary will be exact like chainsaw.
meaning: newbies weapon but not JUST newbies will use it.
evryone will hate it on the first 2 weeks but then they figure how to dodge from it or something (i was one of the first who whined bout chainsaw and now i'm ok:) ).
but i think if it will be only (and its a big only) on inf games, it should be ok cuz inf needs to get boosted or something.

CbbLe
July 11, 2003, 1:46 pm
dont want them.

Cold Fusion
July 11, 2003, 2:39 pm
I too, 'sign' the petition. If it's still applicable that is...

TheKnightoftheMare
July 11, 2003, 3:18 pm
sign.

N1nj@
July 11, 2003, 3:35 pm
seriously, let the maker of the game, michal, to do what he wants best for the game itself.

after all, its his game not yours. he should be able to do what he feels and wants for the game.

SuperKill
July 11, 2003, 4:07 pm
k but he's not evil, he needs our oppinion...dont you think ?

JayBDey
July 11, 2003, 9:00 pm
Only a few people think it's a bad idea.

BeTeL
July 11, 2003, 9:25 pm
you got around seven names now... of thousands of players... really makes sence...

SuperKill
July 11, 2003, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by JayBDey
Only a few people think it's a bad idea.

omg STOP BEING [:-censored]ING STUPID PLEAES @!
ffs stop making a raid for every anti s.guns thread exist, u want s.guns sign in the other petition, meanwhile you ane betel can get the [:-censored] out of this thread.

TIR_Blade
July 11, 2003, 9:42 pm
[:-censored] the stationary guns would completely ruin the game. I mean you would barely have to do any work you just shoot. And usually stationary guns are very powerful so it would be gay. Also, Stationary guns would be about as fast as a Mini, wouldn't you think that would add to the LAG problem? While some actual Soldat pros are fighting it out some stupid newb starts firing at them with a god dam stationary gun. THINK ABOUT IT!!! :@

Ymies
July 11, 2003, 9:58 pm
go to hell n00bs and take ur stationarys with ya!

TIR_Blade
July 11, 2003, 10:00 pm
lol

bman9
July 11, 2003, 10:19 pm
i'm against stationary guns, and go [:-censored] yourself n00bs!!!!

SuperKill
July 12, 2003, 12:09 am
omg stfu you lamz0r i've had enough of you.
all u try to do is make up sh!t that will "improve" your "skills"
i saw your laser mod..and i bet this is really exciting for you..oh yay i'm gonna be behind a massive gattling gun and spam the map with shots and lag !
yay me !!

JayBDey
July 12, 2003, 1:04 am
I had enough of you long ago, but I was nice enough not to flame you. You do not have all the facts and you are making assumptions based on incomplete information.

1) I keeping hearing the phrase "Spam fire" I don?t understand why people are so persistent with this. This was addressed LONG ago in another topic. A heat bar would eliminate spam firing.

2) I don?t recall ever saying I wanted MGs to enhance my game. If I?m wrong please find the post were I said that.

3) Laser mod? Please stick to the topic and don?t bring up irrelevant facts.

4) It wouldn?t lag anymore than any other guns.

5) ?Gattling Gun? is hardly accurate, it would be similar to the Minimi.

JayBDey
July 12, 2003, 1:36 am
Of course I want MGs, has it taken you that long to figure out what side of this I?m on?

SuperKill
July 12, 2003, 1:39 am
2) you want mg's..thats obvious
but tell me why do you want them.
and concider idiot people and lag when you answer please.

that fuking sniper
July 12, 2003, 3:32 am
Hmm, its not the spam fire/lag that's annoying me, and as you said, the heat bar will illiminate that, its the complication of a simple gameplay, I liked Soldat the first time I played it because of it's simplicity and great fun....

Im sure almost all of the people who signed this petition think the same, and this petition, weather it matters to Michal or not, is a way of expressing opinion, because not all Soldat players want the MGs, and this petition was made mainly to show that. People always felt the need to communicate and express opinion, hence we have this forum, this petition and the arguements about it.

enjoyincubus
July 12, 2003, 4:58 am
TFS cannot be president of the USA...sorry to bring the rulebook out, but you must be born in the USA to be president of the USA. :P

...anyway....

Michal, please at least work in an option to turn these on or off. The spawn killing with stationary guns has given me nightmares for 3 nights straight...:(

Enjoy

BManx2000
July 12, 2003, 5:11 am
I always thought staionary guns would be a can't-turn-backwards kind if deal... which would fix your spawnkilling issues.

Deleted User
October 15, 2003, 10:26 pm
all i have to say is fool....just fool

TIR_Blade
October 15, 2003, 10:44 pm
1. ur a bit late.
2. JayBDay- OMFG U DONT NO HOW WRONG U WERE ROFL. stupid idiot arguing Superkills authority which just made him even more wrong :P

JayBDey
October 15, 2003, 11:45 pm
Um? I was right dumbshit.

1. MOST people like stationary guns
2. They DIDN't ruin the game
3. They ARE fun
4. And they are here to stay.

Get over it. YOU WERE WRONG.

TIR_Blade
October 15, 2003, 11:56 pm
HAHA,
1. They're cheap (no overheat bar added)
2. It made the game MUCH worst (almost stopped playing cuz of it)
3. Most people (with exception to n00bs) don't like Stationary guns
4. They are accurate against ur beliefs
5. They cause lag (not as much as mini but still
6. They are too far from fun, in fact dull.
7. Only n00bs end up using them.
8. They are not here to stay fo so, at least i hope to god not. He modified them in 1.2 but not changed...YET

JayBDey
October 16, 2003, 12:03 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
HAHA,
1. They're cheap (no overheat bar added)
2. It made the game MUCH worst (almost stopped playing cuz of it)
3. Most people (with exception to n00bs) don't like Stationary guns
4. They are accurate against ur beliefs
5. They cause lag (not as much as mini but still
6. They are too far from fun, in fact dull.
7. Only n00bs end up using them.
8. They are not here to stay fo so, at least i hope to god not. He modified them in 1.2 but not changed...YET

Almost left? Try leaving all the way next time you get upset about an improvement. SOLDAT will be much better once the DM purist elitist [:-censored]s start leavening it the fuck alone.

The heat bar was suggested (in fact, I?m one of the biggest supporters) but Michal didn't put it in, so your problem is with him.

You also can't use lag as a reason, if SOLDAT's netcode wasn't complete shit NOTHING would lag at all. Lag is not recognized by anyone as a valid argument to hold back improvements.

Kamikaze_Ninja
October 16, 2003, 12:07 am
Well np, next version there will be overheat so enough of these threads....