Cookie.
July 12, 2003, 1:14 am
???? please tell me [8D]

SuperKill
July 12, 2003, 1:27 am
yah

Tha Doggfather
July 12, 2003, 10:51 am
haha you just read this in the discription of this part of the forum...hahaha very original.
well i happen to haven some experience with weapons IRL and i can tell you it isnt realistic. it would shoot far more effective IRL, the firing arc would be flatter, its max effective range is about 1800 meters. i have got some videos of this gun, where you can see its massive firepower and recoil. if you are intrested ill give em to you

Cookie.
July 12, 2003, 6:13 pm
no thanks i believe you :)

CbbLe
July 12, 2003, 9:05 pm
don't dare changing my lovely barret..i will eat you alive if you do so.

R
July 12, 2003, 9:24 pm
yeah, it should actually be able to shoot farther if it was the same as in real life

mak89gt
July 12, 2003, 10:30 pm
true

fabmanx
July 13, 2003, 6:15 am
Yes as Cbble said....dont change the barret.....if barret was not one of the guns in soldat...truly i wouldnt be playing this game.

SuperKill
July 13, 2003, 6:19 am
thats stupid

Aquillion
July 16, 2003, 4:58 pm
Of course, running around while carrying a Barret and an unlimited supply of ammo, then leaping up into the air to fire it isn't exactly realistic, either. [:p]

giff
July 16, 2003, 11:03 pm
Hahaha, true, but back to the question, and yeah, it's actually downplaying how powerful the gun is. If i can post the video I have of this guy firing one and having the scope pop back and taking out his eye (recoil) then I will. Longest confirmed shot at around 1800 meters, I don't remember exactly.

Tha Doggfather
July 16, 2003, 11:08 pm
if you cant remember exactly, just copy from my post... oh wait, you did :p

that fuking sniper
July 16, 2003, 11:12 pm
The real anti-tank barret bullet goes for a little more than a mile, it has a jet behind it to enhance speed and velocity, plus it carries an explosive charge to puncture the tank's armor, and defeats the tank if it hits the shell keep, or the fuel supply, and some other real life anti-personnel sniper rifle such as the Arctic Warfare Magnum, could be fired 1800 meters away...

The bullet arc in Soldat isnt realistic to all guns, they fall too fast, (common the range of a USSOCOM lasts more than a few yards)...and its that way because of balance requirement, otherwise if they were made to be realistic, bullets from eny gun would reach enywhere on your screen at least.....

So yeah the barret, all the rest of the weapns in Soldat have decreased range, but it should be that way....

slipZen
September 16, 2003, 10:32 am
Actually the Barrets "normal" range is 1300m, the confirmed 1800m hit was just pure luck (not that anyone cares anyway)

BMF
September 16, 2003, 7:23 pm
Real life barret has its own jet pack and jet fuel. It carries a wide range of ammunition from rockets to combat knives. Barrets in real life can go out on a killing spree, taking out whole cities. And after that, barrets come back with glory and are welcomed as heroes.

Tha Doggfather
September 16, 2003, 8:26 pm
[IMAGE]