( search forums )
SOLDAT 1.1.5 RELEASED!
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
July 13, 2003, 6:20 pm
- Added stationary gun (available on some maps)
- Added maps: Krab and ctf_Kampf (old version remake)
- Added new lethal knife throw
- Added option to disable USSOCOM, Knife, Chainsaw or LAW
- Added LAN servers search option
- Added "Never forward clients" for server option in setup
- Added flames from Flame Bow
- Added "Sniper Line" option (line between player and cursor)
- Added option to easily add admins in dedicated server
- Added server is now protected from "connect" flooding
- Added protection against weapon graphics cheat
- Added protection against animation, objects cheat
- Fixed various map bugs
- Fixed weapon losing bugs
- Fixed flag missing bug when player out of map bounds
- Fixed secondary weapon cheat
- Fixed map maker cheat
- Fixed modem jet cheat
- Fixed missing and modified map scenery bug
- Fixed weapons menu not showing when all primary weapons disabled
- Fixed kills count display on right
- Fixed bot problems when secondary weapons disabled
- Modified weapons menu button locks the menu
- Modified LAW reload is slightly faster
- Modified chainsaw now has reload time and is weaker
- Modified jetpack can be used when crouched, prone and parachute on
- Modified LAW missile smoke slightly
- Modified options layout
- Improved some map visuals and spawn points

I hope you like this version, I can't wait to throw a knife in someones back ;)
If you don't like the stationary guns they can be disabled in Soldat.ini, just change the field Stationary_Guns=0 (server option).

Please post any bugs in the proper forums.
If you've got a question about the new version just ask here.

The dedicated server for linux will be available soon, please be patient.
Also available is now the new Soldat Map Maker 1.2. It has some bug fixes and the option to add stationary guns.

The lobby server might not work now, sorry about that, it's some connection problems, hope it will be fixed soon. You can always use ASE.

Have fun now!

Tha Doggfather
July 13, 2003, 6:23 pm
OMG OMG OMG

R
July 13, 2003, 6:24 pm
sweet new version!!1

that fuking sniper
July 13, 2003, 6:24 pm
I was just testing it now.........nice version except for the MGs.....unbalanced :(

R
July 13, 2003, 6:28 pm
so, TFS, they are unbalanced? that would suck

and are the new maps for CTF or what? And for what game modes are the stationary guns?

Hercule Poirot
July 13, 2003, 6:42 pm
just saying that stationary guns will ruin the game

enjoyincubus
July 13, 2003, 6:43 pm
Erm...I have one little problem so far...I can't play with my modified animations, it says...but I like my special dance grooves for when I want to use /victory! :(

Enjoy

M
July 13, 2003, 6:44 pm
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL downloading now.

TheKnightoftheMare
July 13, 2003, 6:48 pm
looks like n00bs got their way :(

SuperKill
July 13, 2003, 6:51 pm
michael this is f*cking unbelievble
sorry but this version of soldat is really STUPID.
i mean 3 shots kill !? WTF !!
red team + kampf = INVINCINBLE
michael you just ruined alot of fun.

enjoyincubus
July 13, 2003, 6:54 pm
Dude, servers can turn the stationary guns off. Some will do that. I just suggest that there should be a slot on the lobby server that says "Stationary Guns" and if they are in that server, it says "Yes".

Kampf looks ALMOST the same as before, and it was fun. I dun see the big deal...:/

Enjoy

R
July 13, 2003, 6:55 pm
STATIONARY GUNS + UNLIMITED AMMO + NO RELOAD TIME = NOOB TAKEOVER

N1nj@
July 13, 2003, 7:00 pm
and the MG is so accurate too...its bullets should spray like minigun (or worst) and also have a huge recoil.

KWCargan
July 13, 2003, 7:01 pm
big advantage for me! [}}:-|>>]

SuperKill
July 13, 2003, 7:05 pm
why am i not surprised youre from israel..

Duke33
July 13, 2003, 7:12 pm
i dont know what that comment means superkill. Anyway, my opinion on this. I like the mgs, they're pretty cool, but they do need some minor additions. firstly, a reload time and finite ammo. Second, as a guy said, maybe abit more spray. Still, i like the mgs, and i like that mostly there are routes around them in maps, and that they're only on certain maps.

sqweek
July 13, 2003, 7:15 pm
*rofl*
Throwing knives rule!

Tha Doggfather
July 13, 2003, 7:21 pm
i loved to fire my LAW in air in 1.1.4, and its out in 1.1.5 pls bring it back!

N1nj@
July 13, 2003, 7:21 pm
yup, knifes PWNS you!

?
July 13, 2003, 7:29 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I MUST HAVE IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

Tweak896
July 13, 2003, 7:53 pm
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! The new version kicks a$$

koil
July 13, 2003, 7:54 pm
hmm just a simple question.
the air shoot (when you prone in air) with LAW was.. bug?
otherwise i dont see why you deleted it..
except for that and the s.guns, its really gg, gj michal

sauron_the_deceiver
July 13, 2003, 8:07 pm
Whats with this no mod thing? This is REALLY not nice...

Omenalimonadi-
July 13, 2003, 8:12 pm
I thank thee Michal for Soldat!

And knifes are funnyfuney now.

koil
July 13, 2003, 8:15 pm
knifes > chainsaws
exactly like in 1.1.4 just the opposite..:|

ThaD
July 13, 2003, 9:08 pm
[:-censored] i can't use my mod any more, big THX!

sniper line - good for new players, but i can't focus on my shots while using it:/

N1nj@
July 13, 2003, 9:57 pm
so we cant use mods no more?

Meandor
July 13, 2003, 10:17 pm
mods work. so i don't get why it says soldat lock stuff when gfx is changed

Electro_cyc
July 13, 2003, 10:31 pm
Kewl, new version! Although I think the stationary guns should have a recoil and reload. Everything else seems good but what was the problem with mods?

eyic
July 13, 2003, 11:02 pm
this is soooo cool!! gj michal u pwnzers!!

BManx2000
July 13, 2003, 11:14 pm
I think it only triggers the protection when the file isn't the same dimensions as the original, so you can still use mods. I think. Just not ones with bigger guns.

GF
July 13, 2003, 11:15 pm
stationary guns must overheat that would be cool like in bf 1942

GF
July 13, 2003, 11:16 pm
yep i think so too bmanx2000

Tai
July 13, 2003, 11:49 pm
OMG STATIONARY GUNS THAT ARE LAME I MUST PLAY NOW HAHHAHAH BYE BYE :D

drezco
July 14, 2003, 12:01 am
no more laws in the air? gooooood news. no weapon fixed? i don't think so....or was that i lose it on respawn?

porquilho
July 14, 2003, 12:02 am
Bhaa... ok it kill in 3 shots, the are bullets too precise, and it has no spray... so what, pick your LAW launcher shot at the SG and job done!! whats so dificult about that!?

SGs are just another weapon, nothing to worry about!!!!!

Good Job Michal

muzzmastah
July 14, 2003, 12:20 am
NO SERVERS WITH 1.15 ME ANGRY MUST PLAY NOW

Deleted User
July 14, 2003, 12:58 am
Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble connecting to the server?

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 1:02 am
use ASE.

?
July 14, 2003, 1:05 am
ack lobby server down how long man!!!

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 1:10 am
read above post please. USE ASE ffs.

i will even give you the link to it.

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

Baltor
July 14, 2003, 1:49 am
Thats awesome Michal!
MGs rock!

SuperKill
July 14, 2003, 1:59 am
yawn..lame

V answer to bmanx: nope V

BManx2000
July 14, 2003, 2:23 am
OK superkill, you don't like them. Now will you shut up about it?

Guil
July 14, 2003, 3:37 am
3 things.

1-The stationaries guns sucks (infinite ammo and toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo powerfull)

2- The deathmatch maps now sucks, they are really better in the 1.1.4. There is no way we can run without hit a fuc**** polygon. (kinda weird to explain properly)

3- I respawn 3 times on 4 with no primary gun, this is so frustrating.

P.S. I like the reload time of law and the power of the chainsaw now. :)

Guil
July 14, 2003, 3:46 am
Yup on homesite. www.soldat.prv.pl :P

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 3:49 am
quote:1-The stationaries guns sucks (infinite ammo and toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo powerfull)

agreed!

quote:2- The deathmatch maps now sucks, they are really better in the 1.1.4. There is no way we can run without hit a fuc**** polygon. (kinda weird to explain properly)

what you mean?

quote:3- I respawn 3 times on 4 with no primary gun, this is so frustrating.

that bug should be fixed.

-Phil-
July 14, 2003, 4:44 am
Eh.. its alright.. I guess, but its really stupid in some ways:

1) MGs, okay I guess.. should have to reload at least.. If they are downgraded would also like to see them in more ctf maps.. B2B especially.

2) Knive throwing: Sweet!!

3) No mods? Stupid.

4) Fix to various cheats/bugs? *thumbs up*

5) The new DM map needs some work, I noticed a few jagged polys that just block you.

6) Can't fire LAW while laying down?!!? I know this was part of fixing the bug, but no more laying down in a bush and blowing away the enemy that comes for our flag..
Think it would be better if you just made it to where you couldnt lay down while in mid-air.

7) Everything else: Great so far! Just wish some of the ol' servers would catch up to speed and upgrade already!!!

~Phil

Edit: I noticed something about a modified jetpack? Whats so modified about it? I noticed it now stands me up and uses the jetpack when I'm crouching, and while prone it sort of.. just pushes you forward, but I'm not sure if those are new or not..

SuperKill
July 14, 2003, 5:18 am
"..1) MGs, okay I guess.. should have to reload at least.. If they are downgraded would also like to see them in more ctf maps.. B2B especially.."
why everytime there is one little person who keeps suggesting stuff that ruines more and more.

n/a
July 14, 2003, 10:46 am
Thanks!!! that new version just strikes. and all the guys crying about the stationary guns, learn to conquer them. they are really nice.

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 2:31 pm
quote:3) No mods? Stupid.

what are you talkin about? someone just confirmed mods works

quote:5) The new DM map needs some work, I noticed a few jagged polys that just block you.

not exactly, is fine the way it is. it will be fixed in the next version.

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 2:54 pm
one question, Michal. how long does the "connect" flooding banned?

SuperKill
July 14, 2003, 2:59 pm
yah..how long..its been over 15 minutes 8|
(yah i've been banned too)

n2j3
July 14, 2003, 3:55 pm
[:)] Just got back from a 2 week holiday and i couldn't possibly expect a better welcome [:D] *downloading...

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 3:57 pm
i m unbanned now :)

sauron_the_deceiver
July 14, 2003, 4:19 pm
S guns are cool. They DO overheat in time, if you try firing one non-stop with no enemies on the map then you'll see what happens.

Krab is a nice map, but the occasional bit looks rushed.

And I really like the new ctf_Voland...:).

Throwing knife.....well done...very very coolies.

New parachute options I like too.

N1nj@
July 14, 2003, 5:17 pm
quote:S guns are cool. They DO overheat in time, if you try firing one non-stop with no enemies on the map then you'll see what happens.

how long you have to fire it until its overheat?

-Phil-
July 14, 2003, 5:26 pm
Superkill, how would it overpower it if it was downraded by a whole lot? Go read this post, Tha Doggfather has a great idea about how to restrict its power, and I posted at the bottom of a pretty good one (IMO) too.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5549

~Phil

Edit: forgot to add: Yea, the DM map is fine as is, but the jagged polys just make the map look less professional. Glad that it will bbe fixed next patch.
What I mean by the no mods thing, is that you can't have weapons that have different dimensions. Unless I totally misunderstood, some of the better mods are out-of-order now, due to a weapon maybe a few pixels bigger.

Gah! Edit 2: forgot to say this as well. I hope you don't mean that the "overheating" is how the gun pushes you back when you fire it for too long, because I fire for awhile on kamph and all that happened was I got pushed back away from the gun.
If this is what you mean, then all you have to do is run foward a few steps. So I really wouldn't call it overheating at all.

KamChaTka
July 14, 2003, 5:51 pm
which maps are with MG?
can u tell me plz

jerka
July 14, 2003, 8:30 pm
why dont you just try?

PBE Kamikaze
July 14, 2003, 8:45 pm
there is a lot of bug in ths version i think v1.1.4 is better but thanks any aways for the new version guy

RpBixler
July 14, 2003, 10:01 pm
for anyone that makes mods (me). this is bull[:-censored], but whatever i will cope.

NightCabbage
July 15, 2003, 1:12 am
awwwww I'm away for half a week and look what happens!! roflmao!

1.1.5 AND it's fix gets released!!

argh!

If ur wondering WHY I'm 'away' it's coz my compy is in pieces under my bed while I'm waiting for my new case and video card to arrive :
lol!

Can't wait to get back into it!

Hope the Stationary's haven't ruined it :P

SuperKill
July 15, 2003, 1:21 am
Hope the Stationary's haven't ruined it :P
^ you got a surprise waitinf for you ;D

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 15, 2003, 1:31 am
lmao yep in there are two routes you can go to either hate it or like it (notice like not love) most likely to be one of these.

Napster
July 15, 2003, 4:08 am
I like this new version of Soldat everything is smooth and lovely ....but i cant see anyserver list! [:-weepn]. BTW this is my first post here...Hello people![;)]

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 15, 2003, 4:25 am
welcome to the forums why not use the all seeing eye i forgot the link i kno some1 knows anyway they'll give it to you well you can also search it in the forums.

RpBixler
July 15, 2003, 5:37 am
the modders. what about us?

SuperKill
July 15, 2003, 5:57 am
k download the 1.1.5 fix, i think that the modding thing was took care of ;D

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 15, 2003, 6:35 am
yay coo it's a fixed ^_^

KamChaTka
July 15, 2003, 11:08 am
y u cant just tell me one or 2 maps with the mg plz!!!

Michal Marcinkowski
July 15, 2003, 11:22 am
inf_Abel, inf_Fortress, ctf_Kampf... happy:)

KamChaTka
July 15, 2003, 11:24 am
tnx but i dont have this maps i only have the last one

Tha Doggfather
July 15, 2003, 11:34 am
those maps (inf_Abel, inf_Fortress) come standard with Soldat KamChatka, they are however Infiltration map (another game mode than CTF)

KamChaTka
July 15, 2003, 11:36 am
ahhh thank u

Grove19
July 15, 2003, 9:55 pm
I guess i'm the only one having problems, for some reason the server lobby won't respond. I can't bring up any games or join anything. If anyone has any help or suggestions they can offer i would really appreciate it, I'm going crazy! :(

SuperKill
July 15, 2003, 10:56 pm
no youre not the only one *bangs head on screen*

lobby server is down currently....... <- i can blind type that

DNA.styx
July 16, 2003, 12:01 am
makes you mad huh SK? [:)]

N1nj@
July 16, 2003, 1:04 am
SK is getting madder and madder nowadays :P.

1st was the MG's

now the noobs.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 16, 2003, 1:34 am
lol next thing you now a thread called thread therapy hahahahah.

Aquillion
July 17, 2003, 6:00 pm
I like everything that was added to the new version. The stationary guns work much better then I thought they would, and I think they add a lot to the game. I don't find them overpowered at all -- one guy with a (portible) minigun can leap up and knock a stationary gunner out of position in an instant if they have to. The people who keep whining just have to change their strategies slightly... You can't use the Barret or whatever your weapon of choice is for everything, you know.

The changes to the LAW and chainsaw are good and were badly needed (and the LAW change primarily fixes a bug anyway), and throwing knives are fun even if I don't use them. Having CTF_Kampf back is great, too -- it was always one of my favorate maps, and I actually like it a lot more with all the stationary guns. I just hope that CTF_Death comes back in some form sometime, too. It was wierd and cramped, but it was nice to have it there for a change of pace. It would certinally be interesting if you put a minigun at the very bottom.

I think Michal has a better idea of what is good for Soldat then anyone on the forum, so despite all the stupid requests for changes and rollbacks that everyone is making now, I'm not worried anymore -- I'm sure he'll keep Soldat's gameplay good whatever he decides to do.

Will
July 21, 2003, 6:24 pm
it was me!!!!!!!!!!
who said that he should add a stationary gun!!!!!!
thnx loads michal!!!!
must....download.....must...have.....fun!......

SuperKill
July 21, 2003, 6:51 pm
u shouldnt be proud of that

BManx2000
July 21, 2003, 7:24 pm
Superkill, with all due respect...

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will
July 24, 2003, 10:09 am
actually......i hadnt read all the other comments....and i hadnt played the game.....
here is the conclusion:
Soldat now sux's because of 2 things
1.mounted mg's are 2 accurate
2.michal rushed this version out so he could go on his hols....so give him a break will ya!!

toadsMoke
July 25, 2003, 12:57 pm
damn... i have to goto work. i'll check it out when i get home =]

[hello, im back =P. real life is a bitch sometimes]

N1nj@
July 25, 2003, 2:58 pm
lol. welcome back man.

Cr4cK
July 30, 2003, 1:10 pm
I can kill the statgun gays so fucing easy u just use stealth! Hint: use barret

cyber ninja
August 1, 2003, 8:34 am
the new version has many bugs so i won't say that it kicks a&&

Tweak896
September 3, 2003, 11:14 pm
i cant wait for the new one to come out....... or at least something saying when it'll come out, just like what it did with 1.1.5

BeTeL
September 3, 2003, 11:50 pm
a small question... how do you reload a gun without mag? MG´s got no mag this far... what about... u can only use MG´s if u have no weapon drawn and/or mount the MG on a prone click or sumthing?

its hard to make a gun without mag have reload... also bullets should be less powerfull and less accurate

and last thing.. i will continue playing soldat in instead of being a roadblock like superkill[^] try to follow the stream and learn new tactics for the added things

N1nj@
September 4, 2003, 12:05 am
someone already suggested that...go to the suggest forum man.

eyic
September 4, 2003, 7:15 am
god man, anyone have any idea when 1.1.6 is coming out? I thought ti was supposed to come out like beginnign of this month

NuZZ
September 4, 2003, 10:27 am
LOL yeah same ay eyic, jeez, what is there to import into the next version, maybe some net code but what els, ANOTHER IDEA :) PLZ Something N E W !!!

Tweak896
September 7, 2003, 7:17 am
maybe a buddy list :p

WaR DoG2150
September 10, 2003, 4:13 am
new modes like muti team bow 4 bows on the ground and each team has to find there bows fast b4 the othe team gets them or it can be like one dude each team gets a bow randomly and become the leader.also another good mode a bow for each dude that way everyone get to be rambo.

last mode eh?um......gotta think ..a mode that u collect certain kinds of bots like a gang type thing but its not a team mode you controle your dudes with commands example like stay,attack ,move around ,attack at will attack wean attacked or hold fire,or bot name go attack like that and more

buddy list whould be great too.it whould say what game there at or if you wanna chat real quick.

also a ingame white board that only your team can see
showing attack plans were to go it whould realy come in handy for poeple who like to use stedgy in soldat instead of useing camping all the time

NightCabbage
September 10, 2003, 4:21 am
Hey, one of those ideas (when modified) might atually be quite fun...

The bot gang idea...

Imagine - bot powerups :P

You collect one, and you get a bot following you around. But you can't give the bot commands, it will just follow you, and run around a bit and shoot stuff =)

Sounds fun LOL

NavySeal
September 21, 2003, 3:42 pm
I got an idea, If you get kicked or this "wrong map version" bug why don´t add a tool that let you keep the score if you leave the game and join the game agian without joining another one

Mr G
September 21, 2003, 7:26 pm
hummm, isnt this an old thread to be posting?

NightCabbage
September 22, 2003, 12:18 am
yes, yes it is :P

And besides, this kinda stuff should be in the game improvements/suggestions section anyway lol

Cr4cK
September 26, 2003, 8:27 pm
1.1.5 IS RELEASED EVERYBODY DOWNLOAD IT!!!!

Hitman
September 26, 2003, 8:34 pm
right...

Cr4cK
September 28, 2003, 7:23 pm
k...

ClanKwH
September 28, 2003, 7:24 pm
DAMN U CR4CK! :P somehow i just thought it was 1.2!! :'(