( search forums )
seconderys wep
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
koil
July 13, 2003, 9:50 pm
i'll start with saying: its my opinion.
if you dont like it go and flame me i dont care.
ok here it goes:
law : big changes, lot of ppl stop using it, basiclly its just an reserve m79 gun.
knife : big changes, lots of ppl didnt used it on 1.1.4, lots of ppl will use it on 5.
succom : no changes, same ppl who played it b4, will play it again.
chainsaw : big changes , lot of ppl used it b4, no one will use it now.
why am i posting it? if i'm correct, out of 4 seconderys, just 2 of them will be played (succom and knife). thats bad.
to michal : either restore/change it to b4 or watch us one by one leaving our weapons that we so liked, to other weps.

-- want to clear myself --
i got no problem with the knife, its cool and groovy and whatever but if on 1.1.4 the knife&chainsaw wasnt balanced (advantage for chainsaw), so now in 5, its very (very very) opposite, chainsaw < knife.
but then again, its just my opinion.

AquaShyGuy
July 14, 2003, 5:56 am
is Chainsaw still one hit kill? i might use it still.

koil
July 14, 2003, 10:35 am
lol no
its 2 or 3 hits=kill and its having reload time+small ammo.
thats why the seconderys arnt balanced at all and its sucks.

3rd_account
July 14, 2003, 12:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by koil
law : big changes, lot of ppl stop using it, basiclly its just an reserve m79 gun.
knife : big changes, lots of ppl didnt used it on 1.1.4, lots of ppl will use it on 5.
succom : no changes, same ppl who played it b4, will play it again.
chainsaw : big changes , lot of ppl used it b4, no one will use it now.
why am i posting it? if i'm correct, out of 4 seconderys, just 2 of them will be played (succom and knife). thats bad.
Why would people stop using LAW? The only change, exept for something with the smoke, is that you can't fire it in the air anymore. I'll bet half of the LAW'ers didn't even know you could.
Mostly chainsawers will go from chainsaw to knife because the knife got better and the chainsaw go worse. But in time this thing will even up when people realise the chainsaw is stil spawnkill-material.

quote:
to michal : either restore/change it to b4 or watch us one by one leaving our weapons that we so liked, to other weps.
Yes great idea, the chainsaw and knive were much more balanced in 1.1.4.

quote:
i got no problem with the knife, its cool and groovy and whatever but if on 1.1.4 the knife&chainsaw wasnt balanced (advantage for chainsaw), so now in 5, its very (very very) opposite, chainsaw < knife.
but then again, its just my opinion.
Well I think their balanced. If you miss your throw with the knive you lose it until you picked up another one, and in close combat the chainsaw stil kicks the knives ass.

n/a
July 14, 2003, 12:06 pm
still use LAW. and socom, can't stand the knife and the chainsaw. never could so. and i'm happy, that the chainsaw got a bit more undangerous.
weren't it only the noobs who ran through the spawn area without stopping to kill with thte chainsaw? yes, so it was i guess. now either you're a noob, or you don't like soldat at all. if so, piss off.

koil
July 14, 2003, 12:14 pm
listen man, first of all, i maybe a noob i dont know but 2 things i'm not.
1.i'm not spawn killer
2.i love soldat
all i want is som BALANCE FFS
keep the chainsaw as it is , with 3 shots=kills but infitate ammo or the oposite,
TELL ME WHY SOMEONE WILL USE THE CHAINSAW WHEN THEY GOT THE KNIFE (except for the spawn kill that 3rd_account mentioned).

Dark_Noddy
July 14, 2003, 12:21 pm
U still can fire The LAW from the Air.. Just not from prone position ! And I preffer the Soccom so I dont care bout the other things, exept that the chainsaw isnt THAT powerfull !

I think they are more balanced... in 115 ! Just 1 question tho... Is the knife 1 hit 1 kill when thrown ? Coz I got hit dead on and lost like 30 % of my HP..

3rd_account
July 14, 2003, 1:45 pm
Depends on the knifes speed dark_nobby... if you test and throw it straight up in the air and jump on it when it's stil you don't lose so much hp.

SuperKill
July 14, 2003, 2:07 pm
3rd account, 80% of the law kills are from mid-air..just something for you to know.
(i use soccom so i dont REALLY care)

namjagerungbengi
July 14, 2003, 6:06 pm
Yeah LOL, I saw everyone use LAW from air. If you didn't, you missed out on the fun.

Hercule Poirot
July 14, 2003, 6:24 pm
im happy that they "fix" chainsaw so theres now less those noobs running but i used socom and i will be using it now too

Aquillion
July 15, 2003, 4:32 pm
I still use the LAW. It's very fun to roll under someone's shot, then slide to a stop and blast them to pieces. It adds an interesting bit of finesse to a weapon that might otherwise be overpowered -- remember, the LAW shouldn't really be that much more powerful then the other secondary weapons, and it definately shouldn't serve as anyone's "reserve M79". If you want another M79, then go shoot someone and take theirs. The LAW ought to be a different sort of weapon. (And a weaker one, given that it's only a secondary.)

The chainsaw does seem a bit silly, but it was a silly idea to begin with, and expecting two close-range secondaries to be entirely balanced is unrealistic. There's only so many ways you can kill someone up close before you begin to repeat yourself.

AquaShyGuy
July 15, 2003, 6:56 pm
I think the saw should still be one shot.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 15, 2003, 7:58 pm
i used all three b4 and after except the saw.