( search forums )
Delay at map change
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Exarch
July 14, 2003, 3:07 am
Im not sure if anyone else gets this, I bet some do.. I have 64 MB of ram, and when the map changes, I kind lag for a short while, and I usualy die and spawn again before it settles down, this makes my team on inf or ctf lose 1 person at the beginning which could be crutial, and survival mode is impossible for me to play, I just die before I get to play..

So what I am suggesting, is an option for people to set how long a delay is at map changes, so then maybe some will increase it by 5 or so seconds to let the people with slower computers finish loading the map before the game starts.

mr_bob
July 14, 2003, 3:52 am
no then ur just bogging everone else down dont be selfish

namjagerungbengi
July 14, 2003, 8:11 am
Since you only have 64, I assume it's 64 of some SDRAM ram. Go buy another stick for like 15 bucks or whatever. Hundreds of players aren't going to take another 5 seconds cause one person can't take it. There are minimum reccomended requirements for the game I believe. 64mb's is not near it. Surprising how people can go across a CTF map in 5 seconds AND kill a soldat. You got some impressive enemies. If you need help searching for inexpensive ram, I'll look around.

BManx2000
July 14, 2003, 4:20 pm
Actually, the minimum is 32 mb.

namjagerungbengi
July 14, 2003, 4:21 pm
So I guess his CPU is too slow then?

mr_bob
July 14, 2003, 10:58 pm
he prolly has a crap load of stuff runing in the background

namjagerungbengi
July 14, 2003, 11:59 pm
Yeah with 64mb's of ram, make sure you close all background programs.