( search forums )
My ideaus...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Stoned Hyena
July 14, 2003, 7:17 pm
ok, so i've been playing soldat for a while and i've got some ideaus.

VEHICLES

yes, it looks rather impossible with the soldat terrain but if you got a little futuristic it wont be that bad.

i.e. hoverbuggy, some sort of hovering buggy with the ability of going higher (like the jetpack) and a little stationary gun on it.
yet i dont know how this will go for the gameplay, maybe if you develop a special mode like "destroy the base"

Alpha team vs Beta team.
Alpha has to destroy a base and beta has to defend

the base will be some sort of fortress with shotting holes for the defenders. the base will have stationary guns and some supporting pilar. alpa team will have dynamite staves as a third weapon and beta team shall have a repare tool to repare the pilars.

it would be cool to have some vehicles to attack the stationary guns from outside then.
also there may be pits where the vehicles go over and where the soldiers can hide (while avoid being shot/ run over)
New weapons
i allready like soldat but new weapons are never bad...
i see that soldat is working with gravity (bullets go back down) so why isn't the movement speed affected by it [:D]

i bet i could run faster with some desert eagles and a knife than with a law and a minigun.
that way you could benefit from speed... evil speedy ninja, o yeah [:D]

some of the weapons i thought off :

Ninjasword
Explosives (place explosives and click again to detonate)
Molotov
Lasergun (verry low damage but shooting constant)
Redeemer (reloads slow as hell like the law but... i bet you played ut)
kamikaze (run, run, run!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!)

classes

when you use them soldat will lose his shoot'em up gameplay...
better not

this is my 2 cents, feel free to flame my ass off

Tha Doggfather
July 14, 2003, 7:41 pm
ok let me begin the flaming then:

for the new weapons ideas: there is allready a topic for that. (and all the wepons you suggest have been brought up before)

the classes: has been suggested before, been flamed away then too: its just not soldat

the vehicles: JUST DONT BRING IT UP EVER AGAIN, DONT EVEN SAY THE WORD ANYMORE

use the search function for the forum, it makes people happy...

and realise that you are NOT the only one thinking about all these things

koil
July 14, 2003, 8:04 pm
omg no! DONT LISTEN TO HIM MICHAL!!!!
after the s.guns catastrophy i dont want another one! ffs.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 14, 2003, 8:04 pm
lol here we go again har.

Omenalimonadi-
July 14, 2003, 8:53 pm
It would make more chaos. Aaaaand personally i really love chaos!
So make that all happen! Mayhem! Disorder! Confusion! Turmoil! MHU-A-HA-hahhahaahahahhahhahhhaha!

GameKnut
July 14, 2003, 9:04 pm
Vehicles: Hell no. Go play BF1942.

Moving faster while carrying light weapons: Would screw the balance in the game.

Futuristic weapons: No. Go play UT.

Classes: Go play TFC if you want classes. Wouldn't work with Soldat.

Overall Answer: No way this is gonna happen. Go play other games if you want this stuff.

namjagerungbengi
July 14, 2003, 10:54 pm
Honestly, where do these ideas come from? Not to be mean, but only noobs come up with these ideas. If you played the game long enough (lets say 2-3 months?), you'll see why we flame.

Stoned Hyena
July 20, 2003, 4:23 pm
i've been playing for a while now...

just thinking, this is a discussion forum, no?

HC_ScubaSteve
July 20, 2003, 4:42 pm
Ok, im not gonna flame that much on this guy cuz ive come up with similar ideas.[;)]
Everyone else who said vehicles suck needs to think again.[:(!] Besides, like the station gun(which was good[:D]) they would only be in some levels! so if u dont like em u dont have to live with em. And people like us can be happy aswell. The gravity bullet idea sucks tho-sniping would be impossible. I like the running speed and the classes, those are good[:D]. Some of ur weapons are good- but screw redeemer, way to crazy[:O]. Forget ninja sword-theres only so many close combat weapons before u get more of the same.
Anyway, I hope these ideas make there way into the game and people like you and the flamers can comprimise. So theres my say.

3rd_account
July 20, 2003, 4:44 pm
The Molotov Cocktails would go fine as a bonus.

Tweak896
July 21, 2003, 1:15 am
i dont even wanna start..........