Knuckles
July 15, 2003, 12:23 am
Add " Ñ " in Soldat please.

Hitman
July 15, 2003, 12:41 am
What the Hell is Ñ supposed to be???

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 15, 2003, 12:42 am
can you change the font if so you can do that.

Tha Doggfather
July 15, 2003, 12:59 am
haha i can imagine what Michal will do. he'll think omg this must be important, lets read this for a change, he'll open it have a good laugh and move on.

dont you think hes got something better to do than adding weird characters?!

SuperKill
July 15, 2003, 1:08 am
SoldatÑ ??!

namjagerungbengi
July 15, 2003, 1:16 am
Or... how about "ÑO"

Cr4cK
July 15, 2003, 8:50 am
ÑO way!

BManx2000
July 15, 2003, 3:53 pm
Damn, what number do you press to type that N thingy? I think he wants it so he can type it in the game... Although I don't see why.

Tha Doggfather
July 15, 2003, 4:07 pm
lol BMan, im sure they all copied and pasted it :D

Aquillion
July 15, 2003, 5:35 pm
How could Michal add an Ñ to Soldat? Would it be spelled Solñdat or Soldañt? And how would you pronounce that?

(BTW, Ñ is ALT+0209, and ñ is ALT+0241. Remember that you have to use the numeric keypad, not the numbers at the top of your keyboard.)

Knuckles
July 15, 2003, 5:39 pm
I've tried it in Soldat...

BManx2000
July 15, 2003, 5:52 pm
He doesn't mean put the Ñ in the word soldat (i think), he wants to be able to type the thing. Maybe he wants it to use to talk to his spanish friends?
Hmm, it also does Ñ when I do alt+677, strange. Ima need to get a list [;)]

Knuckles
July 15, 2003, 5:59 pm
Yeah, now in Soldat I found a lot of spanish players or castillian speakers. And ASCII codes don't work, for example, ¤ or § doesn't :P

ThaD
July 15, 2003, 6:26 pm
well Ñ and ñ are polish letters, just like Æ £ Ó ¥ Ê ? but it takes to much time 2 write them so we don't do it :P

hacker__4
July 16, 2003, 3:47 am
#9786;o#9616;#9786;#9787;¢¾

Futile
July 16, 2003, 12:16 pm
If future Soldat versions will support international characters, then lets add Å, Ä and Ö too.

3rd_account
July 16, 2003, 12:45 pm
Agree with my homie above. Sweden have the most European players in Soldat, Å Ä Ö are very important to us.
Imagine speaking english without A E I.

This is why our language are evolving with more and more nostalgic words without these letters, these words are replacing our existing ones. If we would lose Å Ä Ö we wouldn't have the most advanced language anymore. Your [:-censored]ing up the swedish!!!

Futile
July 16, 2003, 2:10 pm
..on the other hand, to clearify my opinion in the matter of special characters in Soldat...

I think it´s very important for the Soldat community that everyone can understand one another. One game, one language, one people. As my father always said.

English unites us, and that´s good. If it were up to me all countries would have English as first language, and teach homelanguage as a secondary language in school.

But anyhow, I wouldn´t die to see special characters, just make it fair to everyone. Not just a lousy Ñ.

Ddevil
July 16, 2003, 5:24 pm
i think i gone start crying ;)

Knuckles
July 17, 2003, 12:42 am
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_account
Agree with my homie above. Sweden have the most European players in Soldat, Å Ä Ö are very important to us.

This is why our language are evolving with more and more nostalgic words without these letters, these words are replacing our existing ones. If we would lose Å Ä Ö we wouldn't have the most advanced language anymore. Your [:-censored]ing up the swedish!!!

humm, the name of our contry, EspaÑa, [:D], or a badword very used: CoÑo.

Ddevil
July 17, 2003, 9:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Knuckles
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_account

humm, the name of our contry, EspaÑa, [:D], or a badword very used: CoÑo.

so whats your point??? :)