( search forums )
CTF_CATACOMBS + A BOT!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Apro
November 6, 2002, 2:12 pm

Here is a whole new Capture The Flag map brought to you by Apro! It's big, but not too big, it's cool, but unfortunately TOO COOL [:D]!!! Don't believe? Check these screenies!

Here is a screencapture from the GRAVEYARD (muahhahahhaa [}:)]) between the bases!
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] CatacombsOutside.JPG21.62 KB

Here is a screencapture from the catacombs below the graveyard! And the bot speaking (called BigMouth) is included in the file!
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] CatacombsBigMouth.JPG26.61 KB

Too good to be true? Nah... Just simply TOO GOOD BUT STILL TRUE! And if you download within 15 minutes you get a full bot-support FOR FREE! YES! FREE [8D]! All you need to do is download the file below (password is again: Apro with capital A) and get ready to RUMBLE!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_catacombs.Zip31.65 KB

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 7, 2002, 5:01 am
O_o so THATS the pass :) y do u even have a password?

JayBDey
November 7, 2002, 5:40 am
Great map. But I see one problem. It is not in the quality, I dont think I have seen better detail. It's the design. The players have no reason to go down in the Catacombs. You could just go the shorter way above ground. You should have it where you cant use the above ground passage to get to the other side. So you have to go down and up to get to the other side.

Apro
November 7, 2002, 10:16 am

Yah... This map has max detail as it has max amount of scenery AND polygons [:D]... The graveyard is meant to be the fastest way, but the blue team has a height advantage over it. Red team can escape to the catacombs, which are worth a look anyways. And for the minigun users there is a third way. You have to use jetpack and minigun togeather to get to the candels on the top-centre of the map, reload and use the same method to fly to the enemy base [8D]... Guess this secret route isn't secret anymore [;)].

Oh and I use passwords so ppl know who made the map and who spends their time to worthless passwords [:P]. Also makes ppl to read what I write to these forums as description.

JayBDey
November 7, 2002, 8:24 pm
Maybe make a wall above ground between the 2 bases? The bots would need to re-done then too.

Apro
November 8, 2002, 8:31 am
Well bot paths do suck... Kind of... I'm not working on this map anymore, but there will be CATACOMBS 2, in which the catacombs are the main path [:D]!!! I'm quite fast at this, so it will probably arrive soon (actually I think I will start doing it now [8D]). Thanks for the feedback and keep on downloading...

UPDATE!: Ok... Here are two screens of soon coming CATACOMBS 2 [^]... I always seem to run out of polygons... Guess I have to makes some parts of the map more simple [V]...

As you can see you now have to rob the other team's ancient family grave and bring the flag to your own family grave [8D]. Quite cool...
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Catacombs2GRAVEROBBING.JPG24.76 KB

This is the center location of the map... Looks wicked, doesn't it [:D]?
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Catacombs2HOLYGRAVE.JPG20.08 KB

UPDATE 2!: It's FINISHED [:D]!!! Sorry it took so long. Luckily bots were easy to make. Below is a screen...

Looks like someone has been digging a grave and someone lost on hangman [}:)]...
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Catacombs2GRAVEDIGGING.JPG17.98 KB

At the moment I'm waiting whether my application to Mappers Guilt gets accepted or not (Flanagen went surfing for five days or sumthing... have to wait long... Couldn't somone else like for example ArcWolf decide whether I get accepted or not?).

b00stA
November 8, 2002, 6:08 pm
Apro your posts look like christmas time :)

Apro
November 8, 2002, 9:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Apro your posts look like christmas time :)

WHAT? Does your christmas involve grave robbing and catacombs [:D]? Man you're sicko [xx(]... Nah... Check your mail and reply ASAP...