( search forums )
More statinary guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SDA
July 15, 2003, 10:17 pm
We have a gun maunted...
How about a flamethrower mounted on that ? Or a LAW ?? Or a missile [:D]

It would be nice if there were more diferent stationary guns for diferent surcenstences... [;)]

TomPenny
July 15, 2003, 10:33 pm
lol? think about the lag man[?]

sauron_the_deceiver
July 15, 2003, 10:45 pm
I'm still waiting to see a Mortar for larger maps.....lovable...

bornacorn
July 16, 2003, 12:07 am
would it be possible to have heavy artillery, I'd just love trying to capture the flag with massive explosions everywhere, would be like d-day or something

SuperKill
July 16, 2003, 12:34 am
i suggest nuke bomb that kills everyone that is not on your team permenently.

SuperKill
July 16, 2003, 2:56 am
quote:Originally posted by namjagerungbengi
You mean something that wouldn't require skill?! Silly! lol

you know i was kidding ;S

Ddevil
July 16, 2003, 6:35 pm
what about a big UFO that shoots a big laser beam and destroy everyone, i think it would bring more teamwork, what do u think???

SDA
July 16, 2003, 7:37 pm
LMOA ! :) I was serius.. and im not a n00b.. (im onyl a forum n00b) ... A granade luncher would be cool... it would fill ..

Hitman
July 16, 2003, 10:25 pm
There is already a grenade Launcher in Soldat!

Knuckles
July 17, 2003, 12:52 am
quote:Originally posted by SDA
We have a gun maunted...
How about a flamethrower mounted on that ? Or a LAW ?? Or a missile [:D]

It would be nice if there were more diferent stationary guns for diferent surcenstences... [;)]

Or a motoriced grandmother![:-bonc01]

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 17, 2003, 1:04 am
grenade launcher as in a stationary one Hitman. i think that would be cool, it could be like the barret, u would see the nade as it flies. the range would be 2-3 times the normal range for the m79. but only half as powerful.

SuperKill
July 17, 2003, 2:33 am
man i so damn wish that michal wont see this thread

Duke33
July 17, 2003, 3:49 am
Superkill, youve made your point repeatedly. You dont like stationary guns, and you hate and insult anyone who likes them. Fine. We got that. Please stop bitching now. If these people want to talk, let them. And you talk too, but not just for insults and bitching and complaining. Try to be at least constructive. I know i sound like a prick to you right now, but try to at least have some point to your posts. Just saying.

Anyway, i think that the stationary gun, the M-2 or w.e, does quite well. I dont really think that we need anything more. Not bad ideas, i suggested the mortar b4 too [:D], but now ive seen the s. gun ingame, i think that weve got all we need.
However, if we have to get another stationary weapon, mortar would be the best, compared to the other options (missles, etc). It is at least somewaht related to ground combat. But, as i said, the m-2 is good enough.

(note: correct me if im wrong, is it the M-2?)

SuperKill
July 17, 2003, 4:11 am
^ i'd like to talk to you when stationary grenades launchers will be in soldat ;)

that fuking sniper
July 17, 2003, 7:52 am
Lol, with these kind of suggestions around, we'll have biological missle launchers by 1.1.7 :)

Gorge
July 17, 2003, 10:07 am
How about an orbital ion cannon for the next verion of soldat

Aquillion
July 17, 2003, 5:21 pm
How about a portable weapon that shoots straighter then any other gun in the game and can kill in one hit!

Oh, wait, we already have that. Well, let's add a 'prone' mode so people can hide and use it more easily. Oh, wait, we already did that. Well, let's give it a lazer-sight. Oh, wait, we did that, too.

...I forget what my point was supposed to be. Anyway stationary guns are good. Other kinds of stationary guns (like those mentioned) might be fun, but they'd have to have a lower rate of fire to compensate for their explosions, which might end up making them useless.

I think that the current stationary guns are good, and adding new versions isn't especially pressing.

.FF.nEcRoTik
July 17, 2003, 6:16 pm
... yes! ion cannon like in comand & conquer! but lets see, this is not a strategy game.. or like in ut2k3! but w8, this is not an fps!
so wtf would make a ion cannon neat for soldat??

Gorge
July 26, 2003, 4:38 am
well, how bout the hornet gun off of half life

koil
July 26, 2003, 6:51 am
well what about playing soldat withount this all (imo) stupid addons?
it worked on 1.0.5, same goes with 1.1.x , so why doing that?
i think 1 s.gun is enough (and even more but thats a diffrent subject).

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 12:44 pm
wait wait...
what about children with explosives attached to them so if you shoot them you feel bad, but if you dont you feel even worse because your both dead!
seriously, i would like to see smoke grenades as soon as michal conquers the big bad lag bug