( search forums )
Request for Mike to make a D Day Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hitman
July 16, 2003, 10:33 pm
Hey I think that it would be really cool if Mike would make a really good D Day map, the reason why I am asking him is because he is the best person at making maps because he made the programme. If anyone thinks it should be done please reply and maybe this topic will become big enough to catch Mikes attention and maybe he will make it. I think hopefully quite a few people will want this because I have seen quite a lot of posts by people requesting that a D Day map should be made because it would be really good.

3rd_account
July 16, 2003, 11:13 pm
What exactly do you mean with a "D Day map"? I'm not inside that crazy brain of your's so I say: Qu'est-ce que pas?

3rd_account
July 16, 2003, 11:46 pm
What are you guys talking about? What's so special about a D-Day map?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 17, 2003, 12:52 am
D-day was some day in WWI or WWII i forgot, that was supposed to be quite important to the US. don't u people ever play Medal of Honor or Battlefield 1942???

JediJawa
July 17, 2003, 1:26 am
It was the storming of Omaha Beach in WWII. It's when the Americans landed at Normandy.

3rd_account
July 17, 2003, 1:35 am
Oh that day! :P I just keept thinking of that movie from 1999 with Arnold Swarszzcheneger(?) and Satan.

Btw british people landed there to, not just your stupid guys.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 17, 2003, 9:43 am
No it was more the British, bitches. Stop taking credit for our stuff, first the enigma machine, now this....

A D-Day map would be good, but unlikely. Michal said he doesn't want maps based on events, because Soldat doesn't have a storyline. He might do a BEACH LANDING map, but not a D-Day map.

SDA: No, we don't want another n00b map. We've had about 7 Omaha beach/D-Day/Beach Landing maps released (on the forums, there will be many more) and only about 2 of them were good. I doubt that yours will be a third when I look at your other map :).

Hercule Poirot
July 17, 2003, 9:51 am
movie from 1999 with Arnold Swarszzcheneger(?) and Satan.
End Of Days?????

yeah it would be good map if someone TALENTED guy who can actually use map maker very good do that

choco
July 17, 2003, 10:09 am
well with all the errors we get from the new map maker i dont think ne one could.......however im willing to make one whe its fixed mine will be pretty good.....and not impossible to get up the beach

Hitman
July 17, 2003, 11:16 am
sauron_the_deceiver could you please give me a link to those 2 maps which are good please. And SDA could you really make a D Day map that would be cool, if so only one stationary gun please.

bornacorn
July 17, 2003, 3:13 pm
hey, give the canadians some credit for d-day to!
and the British.
and The Americans.

3rd Account, have you seen U571???
talk about credit stealing!

A D-day kind of map would be cool.
maybe a beach landing mode.

Hitman
July 17, 2003, 3:26 pm
Could someone give me a link to were I can download a D Day map PLEASE