( search forums )
Suggestion for the throwing knives/picking them up
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-Phil-
July 17, 2003, 3:17 am
Well, I've noticed a lot of people who use the throwing knives, have to go through a big mess of weapons to pick them back up again.
Say you killed a guy with your knife, and you go to pick it up, well, you accidently pick up the other guys weapon. You drop it, but it just so happens another guy died here, so you pick up HIS gun. You drop it, same thing, over and over, until you finally get your knife.

So what I think would be good (if possible) would be that for maybe 5 (3?) seconds after you throw your knife, you can only pick it up?

[This could be a problem for people who don't want their knife and say, want the barret this guy just dropped, well obviously, you don't want your knife in the first place, so get a SOCOM. But some people may just want the knife but change their mind later on, or accidently pick up a knife when trying to get another weapon, thats why I think the time limit-thing would have to be relatively short.]

Suggestions?
~Phil

Edit: better idea, just like the one explained above, but only if you KILL a guy with the knife, will the timer go into affect. This would prevent most of the bracketed stuff above from happening.

Futile
July 17, 2003, 5:30 am
Or, he can make the kifes in Soldat just as cool as the warpal blade in McGee´s Alice. After a couple of second the knife respawns in your palm. That´s way cool. Or perhaps you can replace it with a boomerang blade?

Or one can have a belt with knives, five of them perhaps, and the reload is pretty quick.

But what I want most is another throwbutton. I would like to throw knifes as grenades, press and hold for more power. And there should be a difference between throwin the knife and getting rid of the weapon.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 17, 2003, 5:47 am
but if you have a reloadable knife youd be using that like a gun except lethal so no.

-Phil-
July 17, 2003, 5:42 pm
Yea, any sort of reload would be a bad idea, since thatd be like shooting a barret at 1 bullet per second. I like how it is with the have to pick it up stuff, because the whole "reload time" is dependant on how well you watched where your knife went and how fast you can get to it.

I still think the idea I had above would be nice. Or just possibly another button for throw weapon that would throw your weapon/knife and youd only be able to pick that weapon back up.

~Phil

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 17, 2003, 9:15 pm
maybe a button that lets u counter a knife throwing attack by catching it? once the button is pressed, u would be able to catch knifes for a second, but after that, u can't catch for 5 seconds.

Tweak896
July 19, 2003, 12:06 am
maybe you should be able to hold more knifes only when you find them, like others

Dark_Noddy
July 19, 2003, 1:12 am
Holy [:-censored] ! I said it before and say it again ! A bigass part of the charm bout Soldat is that its easy ! A basic player need 2 know how 2 move, fly and fire ! 2 be good takes some skillz.. its 14 btns and not 2 complexed ! If like U should have like knife catching and other [:-censored] the game would get (IMO) like a badass version of some bigshot online 3D online game ! Dont make it more complexed with [:-censored]ty bull[:-censored] ! Thats what i think ! U can kill me if u dont like it !! I live in Norway ! hehe...

Dark_Noddy
July 19, 2003, 1:12 am
Holy [:-censored] ! I said it before and say it again ! A bigass part of the charm bout Soldat is that its easy ! A basic player need 2 know how 2 move, fly and fire ! 2 be good takes some skillz.. its 14 btns and not 2 complexed ! If like U should have like knife catching and other [:-censored] the game would get (IMO) like a badass version of some bigshot online 3D online game ! Dont make it more complexed with [:-censored]ty bull[:-censored] ! Thats what i think ! U can kill me if u dont like it !! I live in Norway ! hehe...[:-paperbag]

Mojoman316
July 19, 2003, 8:00 am
I think the knife is fine as it is. You should'nt have too much of a problem getting your knife after throwing it, since the guy you hit it with is dead. If you throw a knife and enemies are incoming, you're in a situation where the knife isn't the best choice, anyway. Just switch to your main, take care of the enemies, and continue looking for your knife.