( search forums )
A bat would be cool
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Gorge
July 17, 2003, 9:32 am
I think running around with a bat and smacking people would cool. It is a better idea than a chainsaw right?

sauron_the_deceiver
July 17, 2003, 9:47 am
No, because compare it to the others...

Knife
One hit kill per stab
can be thrown lethally

Chainsaw
One long attack, kills in about half a second, same duration as one combat knife stab
Longer reach than the others

Bat
Many hit kill
can't be thrown, and if it could, it wouldn't be lethal

Y'see, the combat knife and chainsaw are around equal now, but a bat would be pants, and useless. Thik about your suggestions.

Futile
July 17, 2003, 10:12 am
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
(...)
Bat
Many hit kill
can't be thrown, and if it could, it wouldn't be lethal

Y'see, the combat knife and chainsaw are around equal now, but a bat would be pants, and useless. Thik about your suggestions.

Of course Michal will put a big nasty crooked nail through the head of the bat. Thus, making it a bit more... effective.

And by the way, you are wrong, a thrown bat is lethal. Believe me. In fact, it´s easier to kill a man with a thrown bat than a throwing knife...

Aquillion
July 17, 2003, 5:14 pm
The bat could knock people a long distance away, and have a slightly longer range then the knife or chainsaw (as well as a swing that covers the area around you.) That would make it different.

However, I don't like this idea. Two close range weapons (plus fists) is already more then we need.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 17, 2003, 8:59 pm
a bat.....that way we'd all look like gangsters and fight gangwars, maybe a bandanna to match it with...lol. and and and shields (riot shield) that u can bring up as one of the primally weapons.

xXShavoXx
July 18, 2003, 3:46 am
-0mG, l3t5 4l50 4dd 50m3 n41lgun5 4nd 4 l337 j3tp4ck th4t b|_|rN5 p33pz0rz wh3n t3h fu3l h1t5 th3mxx0rz! 0mg taht5 teh l337!!

Are you people ever happy? Yeesh!

Futile
July 18, 2003, 5:15 am
It would be great if it could deflect ´nades! Someone throws a nade at you and you swing it righ back at him!

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 18, 2003, 6:58 am
theres one good point in using the bat.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 19, 2003, 10:15 pm
^ Ditto

HC_ScubaSteve
July 20, 2003, 9:09 pm
GO PLAY WORMS, not only do we have special melee weapons, but every gun can be used to hit with

Futile
July 21, 2003, 5:36 am
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
quote:Originally posted by Futile
And by the way, you are wrong, a thrown bat is lethal. Believe me. In fact, it´s easier to kill a man with a thrown bat than a throwing knife...

What are you, some sort of mob leader? Dude, how many people CAN'T catch a bat flying at them, but how many can catch a knife without getting hurt?

Pffft, idiot.

Are you daft? You actually think you can catch a thrown bat?

For your information, a throwing knife has such a low mass it can easily be deflected by your arm. Perhaps you´ll bleed some, but so what? Try to deflect a thrown bat with your arm, and the arm will be broken and bruised. Believe it.

As to my experience of bats and their damage capacity - my brother was hit by a bat during a baseball game. The guy hitting the ball was drunk and was going to get the ball hard. Really hard. He lost grip of the bat, which flew straight into the field of players and crushed my brothers forehead. He was lucky not to catch it over the face, or in the back of his head. Or in the eyes. Side of the head. Throat. Or even his backbone and neck. Any of those areas would have killed him. Instead, hes forehead took the impact, giving him two weeks intensive care.

Don´t underestimate the power of an object moving towards you at great speed. Golf clubs do that. As well as bats. Even when not thrown. The end of a bat moves at twelve times the speed of your hands when swinging it. Thats 12 times the energy when impact.

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 10:39 am
Well no comment bout the above post but... Y would Soldat's Be carring around Bat? Sure, y would they have Chainsaws right? well its a big difference, if you're a soldier you would no that Chainsaws are the most dangerous close-up tools. No soldier actually uses one but its the most dangerous close-up tool around. How about a BAT, why wouldn't he just take a hockey stick or an axe, golf puter, lets even add a crowbar. NO SOLDIER WOULD THINK OF TAKING THESE, they're not Ness(fighting around with BATS), If any of you don't no ness SHAME ON YOU!

BManx2000
July 21, 2003, 4:45 pm
Super smash brothers melee forever!!!!!!

Reaver
July 22, 2003, 10:05 am
I think a less effective closecombat-weapon would be just OK. Remember, that the hosting server can turn off the more effective weapons ...

People running aroud with only either a SOCOM or a bat would be just fun. Or would it?

Just my opinion, maby the bat would be just plain useless to most situations.

Oh well ...

juice _ box
July 22, 2003, 10:21 am
they had baseball bats equiped in vietnam and desert storm for beating the locals, why not in soldat?