( search forums )
CAN'T ADD SCENERY
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
peemonkey
July 19, 2003, 4:57 am
i just downloaded the mapmaker 2 days ago...got it all down, even the waypoints, but for some reson i cant seem to figure out how to add any of the scenery. there is no list to choose from, and i dont know what its sopposed to look like. ive searched the FAQ section with no luck. cany anyone help me? does anyone have same problem?

Tha Doggfather
July 19, 2003, 11:03 pm
from all i remember when i could still use the mapmaker, the scenery list is a small list in the right side of the mapmaker. just click on an item you want and then click again in the map where you want the scenery, then click again when the pitch is to your liking...

b00stA
July 19, 2003, 11:34 pm
Choose the scenery you want to place and then click the button Create right below the scenery list. Now move your mouse to the place where you want it to be and click. Now move your mouse to rotate it and then a click a last time to finally place it.
I hope I helped you.

peemonkey
July 20, 2003, 6:03 pm
The problem is that there is no list, and when i do find the list on maps that were already there(in game) is that nothing shows up when i click CREATE, and when i look at maps like inf_warehouse (ex.), i dont see any of the scenery that is usually there. also, when i start up mapmaker, it saye it cant find texture/ananas, then says FILE MISSING, but dosent specify the file. mabye this is the problem?

madshafter
July 27, 2003, 9:58 pm
well, maybe you didn't install the Mapmaker in the soldat folder like you were suppose to. Check that out.

peemonkey
July 28, 2003, 3:51 am
im sure i did ill probalbly just download a different link on the website. oh well thanks for advice

koil
July 28, 2003, 4:29 am
i had this problem alot time ago.
you didnt installed the map maker on the soldat/ directory.
when you start the program it says something with 'cant find textuars/scenerys' right?

peemonkey
July 28, 2003, 9:24 pm
right...but it is in the soldat/mapmaker directory... ill keep messin with it , please keep the suggestions comin.

NuZZ
August 2, 2003, 11:52 pm
lol, never had this problem.... Could it be im not a freaking idiet?hmmm Yeah i think its that.

peemonkey
August 3, 2003, 7:34 pm
go marry your sister. it was a corrupt file... i re-downloaded it again and its fine

n/a
August 4, 2003, 9:59 am
tell us where you downloaded the first one, so that michal can fix the link.

enjoyincubus
August 4, 2003, 4:55 pm
Hrm...there's only one map maker download link...unless you got it from some third party source...so I don't know how it got corrupted. You've fixed it, and that's what counts. Case closed.