( search forums )
Night maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Patterson
July 20, 2003, 1:56 am
Hey everyone!!!

I think it would be cool to play in darkness with a limited range of vision (fog of war) There could be a light radius around u and ur teammates. And u could collect Night vision googles in crates. So u could see everything but it would be Black and white, Thermal, or the good old green vision.

Lt Patterson

Patterson
July 20, 2003, 2:17 am
I forgot.
Shooting reveals ur position and explosions makes light radius. Maybe we could add flares huh!!

Tha Doggfather
July 20, 2003, 11:42 am
soldat = a SIMPLE, action packed side view game... dont change it to much, it would ruin the game.
use the search function to check if something has been said before (like this thread, and all the others you started)

Knuckles
July 20, 2003, 11:45 am
Only night map hehehehehehe with a moon :)

sauron_the_deceiver
July 20, 2003, 1:55 pm
Check the mods section - I brought out a Nightfight package ;).

*PLUGGING*

Patterson
July 20, 2003, 2:34 pm
I saw it but it's just the background that is black. I was thinking about a black layer covering the stage. Only light from guns, u and eplosions and flares would make light + nightvision googles.

HC_ScubaSteve
July 20, 2003, 8:51 pm
i agree with dogg-too complicated for a game like soldat.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 20, 2003, 11:32 pm
It would be pointless the reason why soldat is a sucess is because of it's simplicity we don't need anymore of these extra options.

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2003, 11:57 pm
The only thing that should be changed is the lag(lowering it), the kicking for no reason, and the cheaters. O and maybe add some new game types which wouldn't ruin it for the ones that like CTF or DM or w/e. :D

Tweak896
July 21, 2003, 12:59 am
ya, soldat is too simple, plus im too dumb :P

juice _ box
July 23, 2003, 7:17 pm
patterson give your ideas a rest. the critics want you to shut up and none of your ideas would ever happen. :P
a juice box.

doffencom
July 23, 2003, 9:00 pm
A easy way to make a night map is to make the background black =)