( search forums )
Killer Dogs
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Patterson
July 20, 2003, 3:42 am
Would be fun to see dogs running around and jumping on enemies killing them in 1 bite with lot of blood. But I don't know how to introduce them in the game. As a item, as a player, as CTF flag defender... Maybe u can help me develop this idea...

Lt Patterson

mr_bob
July 20, 2003, 4:20 am
im sorry to say patterson but every idea that u have had so far is stupid or pointless or both

Patterson
July 20, 2003, 4:28 am
lol u took this post seriously lol Don't u think I know that dogs havent their place in this game. I just wanted to see how far you would go to pick on somebody so that you think your better...

eyic
July 20, 2003, 4:48 am
we dont just pick on people, you just keep on bringing up the impossible, come on u know that dogs wont get implemented, so why try to even bring up the idea? seriously :|

lol remember the civilians topic mr.bob? :P

-wEENie-
July 20, 2003, 4:51 am
Nah i like that idea!

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 20, 2003, 5:44 am
maybe he's a star hunter idk you tell me.

mr_bob
July 20, 2003, 5:57 am
eyic actually i didnt post in that topic cuz i didnt want to waste my time but i might have once or twice but i dont really remewmber ever reading it

Kamikaze i think your right i really think u are

and wennie is just stupid aslo about a bad as m and petterson

eyic
July 20, 2003, 6:04 am
heh i remember posting in it once or twice, lol i thought everyone would remember that topic it went for over 5 pages :P

M
July 20, 2003, 7:50 am
I think its a cool idea.

Tha Doggfather
July 20, 2003, 11:36 am
we already have a killerdogg in Soldat ;)

Knuckles
July 20, 2003, 11:54 am
Ufffffff. What a stupid idea...

Patterson
July 20, 2003, 2:37 pm
Looks like my stupid joke is interesting for some who thinks this is a good idea.

HC_ScubaSteve
July 20, 2003, 8:48 pm
good start, but not dogs. more like...robots! j/k well think of somethin better

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 20, 2003, 11:33 pm
Patterson if you were making a joke go post it in either the lounge or bash pit not here because it would be a waste of everyone's time.

TIR_Blade
July 20, 2003, 11:36 pm
lol i like the idea of a computerized defender...lol. Imagine a kamikazee robot that runs at u with explosives. LOL

Tweak896
July 21, 2003, 1:01 am
no dogs!!!

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 1:06 am
what bout kamikazee robots? LOL

Patterson
July 22, 2003, 2:28 am
Instead of kamikazee robots why not some Al Quaida Terrorrists. But I still think like Kamikaze Ninja..... We loose our time.

juice _ box
July 22, 2003, 10:40 am
i really like this idea.
it would be quite fun to play as a dog or have a dog bot (make bots some what usefull)
1>dogs would have a bit more health
2>they cant jet, just jump
3>they are selected as a weapon so instead of spawning as a soldat you are a dog
4>dogs were used in ww2 by the germans ^_^
5>the server could disable it.
there is no wrong way to go with this idea. People like patterson are insperation to michal in my opinion.
just my 2 cents, and before you call me an idiot mr. bob use a spell check of some sort.

Aquillion
July 22, 2003, 4:34 pm
There's no reason why Soldat couldn't have dogs or other kinds of enemies -- in fact, it would be downright easy. All that is needed is the ability to make graphics mods built into your bots, along with the option to set the weapons that they always use (which could be made invisible and silent at the botmaker's option, so it would look like a 'natural' attack if needed.) A 'dog' would be a chainsaw-wielding bot edited into dog shape and dog graphics. They could make for more interesting single-player fights, and if shared (or uploaded automatically -- I doubt the graphics would come to more then 1k) they could also make for more interesting hazards in online games.

To work in CTF or INF, the bots would join yellow or green, effectively being 'unaligned' and a member of neither team. CTF maps would need spawn points (near the middle, normally) for unaligned bots too, of course. Those bots wouldn't have a flag or a team score and wouldn't act like CTF bots (and therefore wouldn't need paths); they'd just attack whoever was closest like in a deathmatch. There could even be two 'unaligned' teams, so you could have a CTF level across an NPC battlefield.

3rd_account
July 22, 2003, 11:44 pm
Just one question.. if a soldier can run 40 km/h carrying a helicopter minigun, then how freakin fast would a dog be able to run? That's the first thing that came to my mind..

Patterson
July 23, 2003, 12:00 am
What about... a little faster. If this game was a Alien vs Human game, it would be cool to walk on the ceilings and walls with those creatures.

juice _ box
July 23, 2003, 1:04 am
soldat isnt verry realistic so the dogs could probly run as fast as a soldat when he reaches his top speed (running jumping jet ect.) so that the player if having no weapon or feels like being an idiot can just run away.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 23, 2003, 8:02 pm
maybe not a dog.... how about a cheetah? that would be really cool for jungle maps, since they are neutral and all, and a cheetah could easily outrun any human.

juice _ box
July 24, 2003, 8:15 am
when was the last time a soldier was assaulted by a cheetah in vietnam?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2003, 8:39 am
i am just saying that it would be cool (and funny) to see a sniper getting owned by a cheetah sneaking up behind it

juice _ box
July 24, 2003, 9:34 am
i guess.