( search forums )
New Controll Program
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hiroshto
July 20, 2003, 2:56 pm
I myself am a serious Liero player & since the community's officially dead, I thought that if there was a function that allowed the 7-key contrll system in Soldat that would really make progress. & it's only a difference of controll. No advantages, & it's not a cheat method.
only difference is, we don't use the mouse. Ofcourse, extra keys will be implimented for the chat & prone commands.
The ninja rope function in Liero can be the alternative to the Jetpack key.

what do you say?

b00stA
July 20, 2003, 2:59 pm
Sorry but I only played Liero like 3 minutes and that was some years ago.. so what is the 7-key control system?

Hiroshto
July 20, 2003, 3:08 pm
up, down, left, right, fire, jump & Select.
hit select & jump together to throw ninja rope & select weapons holding down select & left or right.

HC_ScubaSteve
July 20, 2003, 4:54 pm
i played liero alot too but aiming would be much harder like that so u would get ur ass kicked by ppl without

Smileyss
July 20, 2003, 5:07 pm
This would add possibility for a two-player mode, too.
I support this idea.

Tha Doggfather
July 20, 2003, 5:22 pm
lol do you mean 2 players on 1 keyboard? that sucks

Smileyss
July 20, 2003, 5:27 pm
Yes, on the same keyboard with splitscreen.

Tweak896
July 21, 2003, 1:12 am
that would suck.......... i dont really like this idea, i played liero like for a minute then uninstalled it, i hated the controls

Hiroshto
July 21, 2003, 11:45 am
The controlls are fully customizable. & I did not mention the split-screen option. My accuracy is much better in Liero than in Soldat.
It wouldn't be bad having 2 ppl on one keyboard, as long as both don't use mouse. One must be able to use the keyboard.
Only problem is, unless you play on a really high resolution, your view distance would be pretty short.

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 11:50 am
LOL for you to aim fast enough u would have to start moving ur aimer up b4 the person even comes near u.

Hiroshto
July 21, 2003, 12:47 pm
exactly, that's when my winchester skill comes in

Aquillion
July 21, 2003, 6:59 pm
I played Liero a lot, and I can see how its aiming system might actually be an advantage to some people. Still, I'm not sure its implementation would be worthwhile for Soldat.

If anything from Liero was to come to Soldat, I would hope it would be the ability to fully customize the weapons. That could be tough, of course, but if servers dictated the weapons list the same way they dictate the maps then it could be very fun.

Hiroshto
July 22, 2003, 12:02 am
Besides, if Liero players wanted to play soldat, they'd proboby get sick of the 7 key controll system & switch to mouse, but some players are just too accustomed to keyboard to switch.

juice _ box
July 22, 2003, 11:12 am
off topic :P >>lets just trash everything but the ninja rope. lets say the map you are playing has no jet and u want to climb somthing.. use your ninga rope. it would also be usefull when your running out of jet over a pit or feel like shoving a fat hook in a snipers back and pulling yourself towards his corpse.

just my 2 cents, get back on topic
a box of juice