( search forums )
Story mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
WillyWonka
July 21, 2003, 1:40 am
i dont know if anybody had allready got this idea, but playing with bots sux, so y dont do a story mode, and passing by the other modes (ctf, death match...)it could be not an oficial story, for those who say that soldat have no storyline, it could be like dday or something like that...

pardon my english

PD: please dont say stuff like "its stupid", say something less stupid xD

3rd_account
July 21, 2003, 1:50 am
You mean like a Single Player mod with missions? That would be neat.

WillyWonka
July 21, 2003, 1:51 am
yes! that!

Tweak896
July 21, 2003, 6:04 am
ya, that would be cool..... but what would the missions be about? would soldat actually start to have a storylinr and characters?

eyic
July 21, 2003, 6:57 am
that would be really cool but it would take michal ages to do it, and plus the maps would have to be really big unless there was missions like Capture the Flag 3 times without dieing! lol or somthign liek that but it would be really cool if there was actual levels were u walk aroudn and kill people and u have like 3 lives and theres checkpoints, ect... dunno lol but sounds cool to me ^_^

CbbLe
July 21, 2003, 7:58 am
but then we need special bigger maps for this..those who are now is way too small for missions.

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 11:05 am
It would be very hard for the soldat to do missions do to the fact that its not that easy to end the game after something blows up, other things also,

Tha Doggfather
July 21, 2003, 11:43 am
quote:Originally posted by WillyWonka
i dont know if anybody had allready got this idea, but playing with bots sux, so y dont do a story mode, and passing by the other modes (ctf, death match...)it could be not an oficial story, for those who say that soldat have no storyline, it could be like dday or something like that...

pardon my english

PD: please dont say stuff like "its stupid", say something less stupid xD

"for those who say that soldat have no storyline, it could be like dday or something like that..."

what the hell is that supposed to be, yes i say: Soldat doesnt have a storyline. Oh so it could be like D-Day? That IS A "STORY", leave those to the custom maps and mods please.

Hiroshto
July 21, 2003, 11:54 am
The main character could be a civilian that picked up a fallen USSOCOM & protects another character in the opening mission. The mission could be to survive the quest to the goal at the other end of the level.
Or if it's impossible to make such a map, why not your mission be to protect another character from assasins or enemy soldiers who want to silence the witness of something. & you'd have to make that other character a girl...
Sorry all my ideas are influenced alot by japanese anime & I think over the limit.

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 12:59 pm
thadogfatha is right...theres already maps like this. Cookie made a D-Day map and it roxxors. Altho i would have a different idea, maybe instead of missions and stories and [:-censored] you can defend your base against WAVES of enemies, like that game with the bugspray and the bugs.

Hiroshto
July 21, 2003, 1:27 pm
so that's just making another game mode.

Tha Doggfather
July 21, 2003, 2:58 pm
yeah maybe you could make it another game mode, but forget about it, its not gonna happen.

WillyWonka
July 21, 2003, 3:00 pm
Doggfather i didnt meen it like that,
it was only an idea of a story, its obvious that
if its a story mode it will have an story

n/a
July 22, 2003, 1:25 pm
does anybody know little fighter II? that game has a really great story-mode. download it at: [URL].

the game rocks. but im still a soldat, ok.

stupendous man
July 23, 2003, 10:09 am
um...since when did multiplayer and playing with bots suck?

also, i'm very curious how the hell you could make any sort of story with a 2d side scrolling shooter...the game rocks dont get me wrong, but the format just wasnt meant for a story mode...

sorry ppls