( search forums )
New menus and resolution
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
xWoLxShiver
July 21, 2003, 2:29 am

hey guys, id like to see a new menu for soldat, the current one is dry, ugly looking, i propose a new menu contest, im gonna send mike an email and see what he says, ill wait for him to come back at least, and maybe a resolution size aside from the only one we have

Tweak896
July 21, 2003, 5:56 am
ya, nice suggestions. I hope a new resolution will come too. as for the menu. Its a little outdated but it'll do

Tha Doggfather
July 21, 2003, 11:48 am
both things have been said before

the resolution: Soldat is meant to be all GAMEPLAY, graphics is the least important. go buy a game like Max Payne if you want eyecandy. remember: Soldat is SHAREWARE. and besides, a higher resolution will be unfair to users that can only play with the lowest res., since those with the highest res. would be able to see more of the map on just his screen.

The menu: same here: its SHAREWARE, i like the menus, they are simple and functional

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 12:01 pm
Ya I like them for their simplicity like the rest of Soldat.

xWoLxShiver
July 21, 2003, 1:36 pm
bah ok i suppose i ask for too much.nm guys

NightCabbage
July 22, 2003, 12:38 am
hmmmmmm

Though the res change is very difficult to implement, a new menu system is not.

It would also provide a good 'first impression' of soldat ;)

If none of the layout or functionality is changed, then a new gfx revamp would be nice =D

enjoyincubus
July 22, 2003, 1:02 am
Well, I give you this one idea. Flame me for it, or praise me for it: With the registered version, you can use different interfaces in-game. How about a menu on the "options" screen that allows you to change "skins" or "templates". The menus would have changes in coloring and button size, etc. This would make people want to register a BIT more, methinks. :D

Enjoy

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 22, 2003, 1:46 am
That's a good idea EI it would be nice to change and move around the menus plus it would be good if you can change the skin for every menu not all for one and one for all.

juice _ box
July 22, 2003, 10:43 am
when i first played soldat that menu confussed me for a bit, a more organized menu would help newbs out alot.