( search forums )
Still want to see limb aim
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Camping_Carl
July 21, 2003, 8:09 am
Hmmmmmm it would be alot better if limbs could be blown off and head is auto kill with barret i mean i want to be able to blow away the legs and they have to crawl around haha are there arm and they have to use there other arm and there aim is always a little off.....

i dont know i think it sounds cool

mr_bob
July 21, 2003, 8:44 am
i think it would be kool but i think that it would also add more lag to the game

but i also think that he should put in hit zones so if u hit their head youll get a head shot and it would be an instant kill with any weapon besides the mini cuz it shoots toofast

TIR_Blade
July 21, 2003, 10:49 am
thats crazy enough to work

BManx2000
July 21, 2003, 4:43 pm
Then any automatic would be about doubled in power, because the head would be hit soon in the spray of bullets.

sqweek
July 21, 2003, 5:04 pm
You already get more damage for headshots.

3rd_account
July 21, 2003, 9:05 pm
Naa, Everyone would just spray with minigun and the whole opposite team would be limbless.

Camping_Carl
July 22, 2003, 9:01 am
hehe... barret shots would be auto limb damages other weapons would take a little bit

Reaver
July 22, 2003, 9:39 am
Nah, insta-killing headshots would just over-power the Barret more, the range getting lengthened already did that enough. So i think the fact that headshots already make more damage is enough.

It would be nice to make people fall apart limb by limb, but as someone said it would take loooots of more information to transfer from machine to machine. meaning: lag.

Aquillion
July 22, 2003, 4:25 pm
Umm, the Barret already insta-kills. Changing it so you have to get a headshot to intsta-kill would make it more balanced, not less. The Ruger, however, would become insanely powerful under those conditions...

Overall I don't think this is a very good idea, despite its appealing aspects. Everyone would just leap up into the air and attack from above, getting almost automatic headshots. Soldats are too small for it to really involve anything else.

R
July 22, 2003, 6:24 pm
would be cool, not sure if it would work though, i mean if its 2d how are you gunna even hit the arm/hands? it would be pretty hard to hit them without hitting the body

TIR_Blade
July 22, 2003, 6:44 pm
ya...I thought u were on vacation?

sauron_the_deceiver
July 22, 2003, 11:33 pm
Um....dudes....am I the only person who worries when mixing this idea with M79? Boom, shoot spawn point area. Everyone is limbless.

MAYBE this idea would work in realistic mode....that would be quite funny.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 22, 2003, 11:55 pm
yep just put it in realistic mode that would be a fine addition as for non real leave it as it is.

muzzmastah
July 23, 2003, 1:10 am
ooooh that sounds FUN with a bunch of lame bots BLOODBATH MUHAHAHA

Tweak896
July 23, 2003, 4:19 am
would be cool, but do we really need more lag??????

Camping_Carl
July 23, 2003, 7:47 am
i seriously think it would not lag that much more.... i mean body parts fly off any ways....