( search forums )
Spectator Mode.......yes or no?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Tweak896
July 23, 2003, 4:56 am
I wanted to hear people's opinions about a spectator mode. I think it would be nice. Like if games had passwords you couldn't join them but you could spectate, but not talk or atleast talk to other spectators. Also if the game was full you could join and watch and talk if it didnt have a password. This would be useful for dedicated servers so the host could watch and not just talk without watching. Clan tryouts would be alot easier. Clan leaders could scout for players easily. And watching the league, clanmatches, and tournaments would be nice.[:D] I dont know about anyone else, but i think spectating mode is something soldat needs. There should be options to let spectators talk or mute them, just so people dont cheat by giving off hiding spots. or maybe instead of mute, the player could only talk to other spectators. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.[8D] Any other options or limitations the spectator mode should have?

namjagerungbengi
July 23, 2003, 5:21 am
I'll be the first to say you posted this 4 times.

Duke33
July 23, 2003, 5:28 am
Ill be the second to say that, and then the first to say that Tweak is a bloody retard. Thank you.

snappy10
July 23, 2003, 5:39 am
maybe he just lagged real bad lol

namjagerungbengi
July 23, 2003, 5:40 am
I'll be the second to agree with Duke33's first statement.

Duke33
July 23, 2003, 5:44 am
Hey lets make a list of people who agree with namjagerungbengi first statement and my first statement :D...

and Tweak, if you really did just lag REALLY bad, then please say so, then we can all respect you again...not that i necessarily did in the first place since i dont know you, but hey.....

And on the actual topic, its sort of a boring idea. Who wants to sit in front of a computer and stare at the screen, doing nothing? Not me, thats for sure....although, you're right, for clan scouting it could be usefal.

[EDIT]
List deleted.

.FF.nEcRoTik
July 23, 2003, 5:45 am
i agree with the idea of spectator mode, but if u read the forums carefully u'll find some topics where some ppl already talked about it so, NO NEED TO POST IT 4 TIMES!

i agree with duke. there's no doubt on that!

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 23, 2003, 6:00 am
lolz yeah I hate it when that happens when it doesnt seem to be loading but it already sent the data, fix that someone delete those previous topics...

Duke33
July 23, 2003, 6:04 am
Well, im not too sure, since his other three ones are all the same, starting off with 'I I' and then this one starts off with '[quote] I I' Therfore, while he might have posted the other three by accident, this one is different...unless im missing something....

namjagerungbengi
July 23, 2003, 6:30 am
Good observation lol.

juice _ box
July 23, 2003, 6:44 am
it was lag, it use to happen to me on my 56 gayness

CbbLe
July 23, 2003, 7:58 am
I love the idea....it should be available for server host to choose if they want spectators or not. I think that the spectators should be able to communicate with eachother but not with the players. The spectators however should see what the players are writing...could be fun to watch clanwars.

Tweak896
July 23, 2003, 8:38 am
i did, my comp messup bad........ sry guys :/. i told styx to try to take them off. I saw another place where they had alot of posts. So anyways its not my fault, i have a good connection too. Lets try to stay on topic.

Tweak896
July 23, 2003, 8:41 am
ya cbble, that also would be cool. Whenever michal adds things, he should make it optional.

Tweak896
July 23, 2003, 8:42 am
Also, i accidently clicked quote so sry....

mr_bob
July 23, 2003, 10:10 am
dont [:-censored]ing dbl and triple post that [:-censored] is just as bad as posting something 4 [:-censored]ing times

Duke33
July 23, 2003, 8:31 pm
Its okay mr bob. He said it was an accident. Okay, ill delete the list.

Anyway, on topic. I must admit that jsut watching isnt something that id do instead of playing, but i must admit, as you said, that for clan matches, clan tryouts, and for the host to watch the game, it would be very usefal. So, i guess that i support it.

doffencom
July 23, 2003, 8:59 pm
All other games got it, why not add it? =P

b00stA
July 23, 2003, 10:04 pm
NOTHING speaks against it. It's not hard to implement and it wouldn't actually change the gameplay or anything.

I'm fully FOR spectator mode. (spectators receive public and spectator talk but normal players can't see text from spectators)

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 23, 2003, 11:15 pm
Yeah would be nice to know how some ppl think and the way they play good for strategies and stuff ^_^

Futile
July 24, 2003, 5:28 am
Of course - spectator mode is absolutely necessary. And a replay function.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 24, 2003, 6:14 am
lol replay function not really needed only if you could have a cache where you could record for about 5 seconds then it overwrites it the next time you record so you could get those funny 5 second moments.

Dark_Noddy
July 24, 2003, 3:52 pm
Spectator mode... YES !! Offcourse :D hehe

Tweak896
July 25, 2003, 9:09 am
maybe if we get enough people to agree with this, michal may implement it. I can only hope for the best..........

Chipmunk Gangsta
July 25, 2003, 10:14 am
I say YES!!!

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 10:53 am
it would increase lag alot... but i still say yes