( search forums )
Ladders
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2003, 1:42 am
i think soldat would be better if ladders are made. i was playing on bunker today, and i realized how stupid it is to not have any ladders on the bunker, and on inf_werehouse, who has ever seen a 3 story house in which you jump around to get to the next level??? anyways, since this idea was never mentioned (or i never seen it) lets hope no one flames me[:D]

Social Poison
July 24, 2003, 2:06 am
I wouldn't want to see this really... why needs a ladder when you have jets on your shoes?

mr_bob
July 24, 2003, 2:35 am
wtf is this people have stupid ass ideas i stopped posting my ideas cuz they have already been said and they wouldnt work in soldat

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2003, 5:28 am
u see, ladders would help because, if some mapers wanted to do a no jet map in a historic map, then ladder would be very helpful for them.

mr_bob
July 24, 2003, 5:45 am
no they could just make some sort of stairs it would be the same as a ladder so make it yourself

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2003, 8:47 am
i this map i downloaded, the stairs don't work because the hill is too steep to go down in quickly, and no jet means everyone kept dying and stuff while the ones going up gets hurt by leaping.

juice _ box
July 24, 2003, 9:33 am
if there was a option to make a poly sticky (able to climb) you could make scenry to cover it.
im going to say it again mr. bob, shut up.

Landstreicher
July 24, 2003, 11:52 am
Ladders would me great, imo...
Because it looks better, and they would be used...
But it would be even better, if you could shoot from your ladder...*hrmhrm*

juice _ box
July 24, 2003, 11:58 am
not many think about logic and how these things would work but u guys keep on dreaming.

enjoyincubus
July 24, 2003, 3:08 pm
This could be good, but I think you can find ways to simulate a ladder right now. Back in Soldat 1.05, people found ways to make trees without tree scenery...now they can find a way to make ladders without any ladder system.

I think you guys can calm down with the "OMG YOU'RE SO STUPID!" junk. It's not that bad of an idea.

Enjoy

Chipmunk Gangsta
July 24, 2003, 3:29 pm
i think it could be useful... making own stairs is just in the way, a ladder hould be easier

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 24, 2003, 11:50 pm
you could make a donkey kong map with red ladders blue polygons and barrels for scenery and wear a red hat and pants but blue shirt lol coo someone make a DK map lol.

TIR_Blade
July 25, 2003, 12:39 am
lol agreed. Y does every1 say that everything is a bad idea. *cough* mr.bob *COUGH*

psycho_cia
July 25, 2003, 12:40 am
lol that would be the best map ever[:-smile_green]

TIR_Blade
July 25, 2003, 1:00 am
ya it would be a rather good map

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 1:18 am
omfg. i could make that map!!! just make the big iron bars scenery and then put polys under them!!!!!11
1 problem. no ladders, lets see this option put into soldat

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 25, 2003, 4:35 am
the only real problem is how the ladders would look like? u mean like the kind that you see the front of the ladder or the kind that you only see the sides? (plz keep this alive until micheal can read this!)

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 4:39 am
like i said before. make a polygon sticky so when you walk up it you stay on it instead of sliding. as for the look just make a ladder scenery. viola ladder

Cr4cK
July 25, 2003, 2:11 pm
CAN U MAKE POLYGONS STICKY!??!?!? lol must test it

Cr4cK
July 25, 2003, 2:14 pm
umm, how do i make them sticky?

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 2:16 pm
u cant, thats my idea to make it sticky

mr_bob
July 25, 2003, 2:17 pm
cr4ck learn to use the [:-censored]ing eidt button u dip [:-censored] if u learn to use it well and u become fond of it it might start to like u and sleep with u

Aquillion
July 25, 2003, 5:01 pm
We don't have an 'up' button, do we? So there wouldn't be any way to climb a ladder. Though I agree that ladders might look nice and make for interesting levels, they just wouldn't work -- it's not worth adding an 'up' button just to climb ladders.

As for the DK level, someone should make it! It wouldn't need ladders -- jetpacks are fine Just make it an INF map, so the flag can be at the top, with one team rolling 'nades down to hit the other as they climb, and make it look as much like the original Donkey Kong level as possible otherwise, with jetpack-accessible openings instead of ladders. [:P]

Landstreicher
July 25, 2003, 5:04 pm
You could change the meaning of the "jump" buton, if you stand "under" a ladder.
So if you press it then, you climb, instead of jump. That won't be the problem :P