( search forums )
A suggestion for Melee.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Frosty
July 24, 2003, 10:58 pm
What about holds?

A player could de-equip his weapon and *hold* another player for a few seconds, perhaps even dragging him a few feet in either direction.

This would be useful in suspending key players in ctf matches, even if for only a second or two.

juice _ box
July 24, 2003, 10:59 pm
i like the idea

Frosty
July 24, 2003, 11:00 pm
Perhaps it could only be done from behind?

This would add a whole new element of stealth to the game.

Tha Doggfather
July 24, 2003, 11:22 pm
how would it be stealt if everybody can see him? i dont like the idea, keep soldat as simple as possible

Frosty
July 24, 2003, 11:24 pm
The stealth aspect would be sneaking up behind a person and grabbing them. (bushes and other scenery would hide the attacker)

TIR_Blade
July 24, 2003, 11:39 pm
... u do no that the person would have to be basicly running away or standing in one spot. If their running away u wont catch the because ur the same speed, If their not moving their probably afk. Only these two ways because u need to grab them from behind. okay idea, bad execution.

Frosty
July 24, 2003, 11:45 pm
Maybe so...

I still am not satisfied with melee combat.

Duke33
July 24, 2003, 11:57 pm
Well, maybe make it so that if you even touch another player, and press the 'hold' button, then you automatically drop your weapon, and then can drag them around. From the front or back. However, it only holds for acouple of seconds, unless they dont move.

But, once they get free, you are unable to move quickly or switch weapons or toss nades for about 5 secs---basically incapacitated. Therefore, people wouldnt be grabbing people all over the place. It would take skill to manage to grab someone, not jsut a n00b jacking off. If they're moving, then you have to press jsut at the right moment.

This manouver would be pretty pointless (only able to hold them for abit, and you're screwed after). However, if you had a team mate with you, you could grab them and then turn to the teammate and the teammate could shoot them. Gang rape :D.
Also, it would be good for suicidal plunges (grab the guy and jump into a pit).

It would only work on teammates if FF is on............

Frosty
July 25, 2003, 12:03 am
The whole idea of 'holds' is just my way of throwing out suggestions for spicing up melee.

*more ideas*
Perhaps if a person was held and killed while in a hold, their respawn time could be longer?

How could a player resist the hold once they are in it?

psycho_cia
July 25, 2003, 12:13 am
y would u go to the trouble of going behind a guy to grab them when u could just shoot them in the back. Much safer and quicker. I like the melee right now, being able to disarm someone by punching can come in handy.

psycho_cia
July 25, 2003, 12:14 am
y would u go to the trouble of going behind a guy to grab them when u could just shoot them in the back. Much safer and quicker. I like the melee right now, being able to disarm someone by punching can come in handy.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 25, 2003, 12:59 am
lol this can be a really funny idea not saying its bad or good im just neutral anyway it would be funny cause one team member could grab a guy while the other teammate punches him lmao.

Tweak896
July 25, 2003, 8:50 am
that would be cool, but then soldat would be more like metal gear solid 2....

Landstreicher
July 25, 2003, 9:45 am
I think it's pointless! You can hold them for a few seconds but after it you have NO weapons??? Why don't just take a Chainsaw and Kill the guy??? That's so stupid, and very complicated...

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 10:56 am
your not understanding the point of this land. I will hold him while kamakazi beats him in the stomach rapidly like a ninja

Cr4cK
July 25, 2003, 2:06 pm
LOOOL JUICE!

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 25, 2003, 11:18 pm
that would seriously look funny...also, maybe a triple kick would be cool, you use fists, move forward, and push jets and punch at the same time, the result would be a 3 kicks in the air while moving forward a little (further then the chainsaw.)

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 26, 2003, 12:30 am
like a bicycle kick from mortal kombat but then we'd be straying away from its "roots."

NuZZ
July 26, 2003, 1:56 am
how about, if ther sniping, you come up, grab there gun of em and hold em up. Then just shoot em or let go, fire or granade button.

blasta
July 26, 2003, 1:56 am
there should be that u could grab the dude then throw him

there are a lot of people id liek to throw into the spikes on the map inf_outpost... :D

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 2:02 am
what about kicking him in his little 4x8 pixel shin, that would hurt. everyone get real, if this were to happen only th origanal idea would work good no mortal combat crap.

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 26, 2003, 2:06 am
lmao out it would be like a full on soldat brawl kinda sad everyone gets shot in the head with a REAL weapon.

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 2:17 am
if these crazzy fighting moves were added i would make a thunder dome map

Vash
July 26, 2003, 4:41 am
lol Kamikaze

I agree with whoever said it earlier, don't make the game too complicated. It would be fun, but a bit impractical