( search forums )
Map Testing posse
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 8:21 am
I love to make maps, but when i need to test for fun/bugs/look/over all i have no one to test it and posting a bugged map is a pain in the ass on the forum so i was thinking of forming a group of people to test some ones map for them and give them ratings and inprovmnet tips. the posse would probly be 3-5 people all with aim - msn ect and would have to be available pretty much 12 hours a day.
the map rating system i usually use is a scale from 1-10 with 5 catigories.
fun -(is this map fun to play ar boring as a bag of rocks?)
bugs -(polys sg spawn ect.)
looks -(is this map easy on they eyes or does it make your brain hurt)
bots -(are the bot waypoints good or not working?)
overall -(the rating of the whole map)
add these up

example
fun-6
bugs-3
looks-7
bots-10
overall-8
=36

multiply by 2
36 x 2 = 72

the map got a rating of 72%

but we would also look at balance of teams and what not.

if you like this idea and would like to start somthing you can reach me on aim - irsleesle .

a juice box

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 9:10 am
so far its
Juice Box
Mr. Bob <believe it or not

Landstreicher
July 25, 2003, 2:07 pm
I can't join you, but I have work for you...do you already test maps?

mr_bob
July 25, 2003, 2:19 pm
give us the map and we can test it soon yeah all my contacr info is in my profile pick a service im sure i have it but yeah read post below

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 2:20 pm
yea me and bob can test your maps, aim - irsleesle if you dont have aim talk to mr bob about sending us your map. then il host it. ir_juicebox@yahoo.com

edit: give me a sec to pull my hed out of my ass, just post it on this topic.

Landstreicher
July 25, 2003, 3:48 pm
Here you are:)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Two Caves.zip23.18 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_king of the hill.zip49.4 KB

But no Bots :/

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 5:37 pm
well me and bob got together to test your 2 maps.
lets start with "two caves.PMS"
Juice boxs rating
fun - 5 (doesnt have good flow for players to run the flag and we got bored after 2 minutes of getting caught on sharp polys)
bugs- 3 (sharp polys everywhere, alot of bouncys and barley able to move due to no smoothness)
looks- 4 (no shading, rounding and an overdose of the same piece of scenery on the cieling. the colors are bad, when i first looked at the map my eyes stung for a few seconds)
bots- 0 (no bot waypoints, so they just sit there and attack when you get to close)
over all- 4 (fun for about 5 seconds then we got bored, a bit to small, but its ok for a new map maker.)
here is a screen of problems i found.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] two caves1.jpg59.16 KB

Over all this map got a 32% from me :/ better luck next time

heres bobs rating

mr_bob
July 25, 2003, 5:52 pm
two caves.pms
i already did this once and lost it here we go again
fun 3 (kept getting sutck on pollies)
bugs 3 (pollies and spawn points in the wrong places pick a type and stick to it)
looks 3 (too many pollies not shaded correctlly but i dont shade my maps either)
bot 0 (no bot points)
over all 4 (few problems but mostly in mapmaker the stuff u cant see in the map(spawn points mainly))

26% im not as generious as juice im picky sometime especially since i havent had any sleep tonight but not bad for your first map

inf_king of the hill
fun 6(im not an inf person but looked like they would have fun)
bugs 8 (i didnt find anything major ther would be a problem even thou there are 2 blue flags i look at them in map maker also)
looks 5 (i think u can do better on the construction of the castle and it could have a lil more tunnels or hills)
bots 0 (didnt have any)
overall 7 (like i said beofor i didnt find anything to make it unplayable but there are a fer thing u can improve on)

rateing of 52% not too bad but im not an inf person

The Second One
July 25, 2003, 5:59 pm
Yo Flake, Im in. wot maps gotta test?

Raven6
July 25, 2003, 6:15 pm
nice work on trying to get this together :)

mr_bob
July 25, 2003, 6:20 pm
its not a try it will happen and the second one i cant say if your in or not but are u experienced and know what to look for or are u just a noob that wants to be involved cuz i say the second one and trust me im not a nice person if your a noob and have fun getting banned soon

Landstreicher
July 25, 2003, 7:10 pm
Thank you for your time. I'll keep working on the maps :ps: The two Blue Flags are like I wanted them. You can bringe the flag to cave one AND two...

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 12:58 am
no hes not. :/ im hoping that some pro's like enjoy and emoac could spare some time to help out a bit.