( search forums )
inf_Ash
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
bb_vb
July 25, 2003, 1:12 pm
This is a basic infiltration map where the blue team defends a large elevated rock face while the reds attack from below. The red team must have a well coordinated attack, with snipers to take out the stationary gunner, a strong assault team to storm the front and a sharp assasin who can parachute in from above and take the flag from behind the enemy lines. To make the teams even, the red team may have to have more people, but it should be alright. And of course it has full waypoints. Hope you like it:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Overview.jpg13.82 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot2.jpg37.81 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot3.jpg29.1 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot4.jpg34.09 KB

UPDATE: I have fixed a number of bugs and made some slight changes to the waypoints. Pls download again (or for the first time) to get version 1.1:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_Ash 1.1.zip34.73 KB

juice _ box
July 25, 2003, 1:19 pm
dam thats is one nice looking map...
are there bots?

Baltor
July 25, 2003, 4:35 pm
Yes it does!
He only typed a paragraph, read it, its not that hard!

Hercule Poirot
July 25, 2003, 5:12 pm
holy [:-censored] what a map really good work

n/a
July 25, 2003, 5:26 pm
that map is great. nice shading and gameplay. but i think the space around the right stat. gun should be fixed. you can slide into the poly at this position. i tried to fix it with the following result:
your map:
[IMAGE]
my try to fix:
[IMAGE]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] inf_Ash.zip33.89 KB

the fixed mapfile, of course. but anyway that map just rocks. thank you for this awesome infiltration-map. (maybe i'll play inf more often now)

Raven6
July 25, 2003, 6:11 pm
wassup, it's a nice map. A few constructive suggestions/criticisms. There are a bunch of jumpy polygons around the map, try walkin around a bit? i think there's one to the right of the flag, inside the structure. Also, the bots tend to bunch up right to the right of the flag. I think ya should thicken the polygons holding up the bridge, unless thats the effect ya wanted on it. It's a bit jumpy/buggy, so you fall through if ya jump to hard onto it. Gameplay-wise it's a nice inf concept, but it leaves a lot of loopholes for minigunners etc. I'm not sure the top red spawn is a good idea, just because it becomes too easy to spawn and run with the flag (minigunners can just fly all the way back to the white flag)... Mostly just that, buggy poly's and the gameplay aspect. keep up the mapping! :)

-Raven6

bb_vb
July 26, 2003, 2:09 am
Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm glad you like the map.

About the jumpy polys etc. I know there are a few in there, but I tried a lot of things to fix them and nothing seemed to work. The one near the blue stat gun just refused to be fixed, and there were a couple of other small ones. If anyone can manage to fix them up (without deforming the map too much), it would be very appreciated.

The bridge actually worked out just how I wanted it. You can walk over it fairly easily, but if you fall from a height or jump on it a bit much you will fall through. And from my experience, it's not very hard to get back out, just jump and fly quickly upwards into one of the 'joints' in it and you should go straight through. But if people think its a bit dodgy, then I don't think it'll be too hard to fix.

Gameplay, I agree about the minigunners, they do cause a few problems, but you can always just take it out of the game. Too many things about this map would need to be changed to prevent unfair minigun use.

And lastly the bots, I worked long and hard on them, but for some reason they seemed to refuse to take my orders. Getting them to fly up from the bottom of the blue area to get the flag was very hard. Where did you mean they bunched up Raven6? I can fix them a bit if you let me know exactly where the problem is.

Again thanks everyone. (I hope this isn't too much text :).

Raven6
July 26, 2003, 2:59 am
hey, just this place for the bot stuff. It's a hard map to bot though, just cuz the ai tends to stray off paths while attacking and so, if they're flying it screws stuff up.

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/raven6/200372625829_ash1.jpg

fabmanx
July 26, 2003, 4:38 am
one of the best inf map i've seen, now go make some ctf maps plz :)

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 26, 2003, 5:26 am
gj man you gotta keep on keepin on (Lol joe dirt) anyway gonna dl it now ^_^