( search forums )
Ctf_Castle
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
enjoyincubus
July 25, 2003, 7:31 pm
Hey,

Just wanted to show you a map I made...I guess I'll release it now...

No waypoints, and NO I AM NOT GOING TO DO THEM. So please do not ask me. It's a question I hear all too often, and it is quite annoying.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] castle1.jpg62.08 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot66.jpg26.08 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot67.jpg33.8 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Image2.jpg21.15 KB

UPDATED W/scenery
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_castle.zip139.04 KB

Enjoy[8D]

TFFantasy44
July 25, 2003, 8:26 pm
Great looking map ^_^

Joe_Blow
July 25, 2003, 8:42 pm
That's a great map!!! How long did it take you ?

And I think I should know this by now, and don't mean to upset you about
waypoints but what are they?

K
July 25, 2003, 8:45 pm

Maps like these are medicines for mapmaker-addicted people, which I was once, who struggle with every polygon to get it shaped. A map like this made me quit using mapmaker ... Now I leave the work over to the qualified people who make maps like this one (and seems to work as a volunteer ;) )

Just some lines to say...

Good map !

enjoyincubus
July 25, 2003, 9:07 pm
quote:And I think I should know this by now, and don't mean to upset you about
waypoints but what are they?

Waypoints are just the points that the bots follow to get from one base to the other. They don't have brains, so you need to tell them what to do. It can be a pain in the butt to do. ;)

I spent probably 5 hours on this map, which isn't that bad, IMO. I did the whole thing using the shift + right click method...maybe I'll show people how good it really is in a quick tutorial. :D

Enjoy

Raven6
July 25, 2003, 9:34 pm
hey incubus, i'm gettin a missing texture/scenery error. anything missin?

enjoyincubus
July 25, 2003, 9:53 pm
Oh yeah, missing a scenery. Thx...new version uploaded :D

fabmanx
July 25, 2003, 10:02 pm
ooo looks really good EI

Raven6
July 25, 2003, 10:40 pm
did a quick test, and it's a purty map. Just let ya see the bugs i found, by the bridges going into the lower route, theres some bugged poly's (glitch into wall) along with near the top of the hill (another wall glitch poly). One other by the clumps of trees in on either side of the middle (just a jumpy poly). That's most all that i found so far, the only other questionable thing i have is a gameplay thing. The flags on top of the castles make it an easy target for minigun flyers, back and forth. Dunno how ya wanna, or if ya wanna change that. Otherwise, just need bots for generic testing. haha dun gotta do em yourself, but it's pretty straightfoward either way.

-Raven6

Hercule Poirot
July 26, 2003, 7:50 am
damn i was planning to make same named map :) i have draw to it paper like 2 weeks ago :) well better make it inf map then but good map anyway thumbs up

Landstreicher
July 26, 2003, 11:22 am
there is already inf_ castle... :P

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 11:41 am
incubus made his differnt.

Tha Doggfather
July 26, 2003, 11:59 am
w00t! this is the best looking map ive ever seen!

Hercule Poirot
July 26, 2003, 11:59 am
damn well better make different name map then :)

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 2:22 pm
you should see some of his other maps, ei is amazing

enjoyincubus
July 26, 2003, 5:28 pm
Download the map pack! It's the first sticky on the New Maps page! *feels bad for his shameless plug*

Well, I've seen two servers hosting these maps so far, along with mine. So hopefully this map pack will get a little higher...I've never seen a map pack survive like in other games, but hopefully we can change that. ;)

Enjoy

Gordon
July 27, 2003, 8:22 am
This map is really, really great, I love those two castles, I can see a lot of effort in there. And don't worry about the waypoints, who needs 'em? :P

-GF

NightCabbage
July 28, 2003, 8:39 am
well that looks cool ^_^

Cookie.
July 29, 2003, 2:12 am
i like this map

NuZZ
July 29, 2003, 2:08 pm
AMAZING! this is probably one of the best maps out, better than a few in 1.1.5 lol, i made a catle map as well! its pretty pov, i hadn't spent 24-7 on it, but, its good... I gess, if want, just ask, its fully side view with water effect.

mikaelgg50
July 29, 2003, 2:14 pm
the scenery on the castel looks nice... its good u have it in your map pack :)

juice _ box
July 29, 2003, 6:47 pm
yea its in there.

mikaelgg50
July 29, 2003, 9:36 pm
i mean the map, its good he and emoac was it in the map pack