( search forums )
Swamps are always so scary...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Disco Dan
November 8, 2002, 8:03 am
Which is inspiration enough to make a swamp style CTF map, Predator style. If there already is a ctf_swamp map, I don't care, don't yell and bawl about the ctf_swamp you made, because I just don't care.

Get it here -
http://www.angrypixel.net/~plasticow/personal/ctf_swamp.zip

Here are a few shots too.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Yes, you can wade through the actual swamp bit, which is quite fun.

It also has full bot support.

Give me some crits + comments, that would be nice.

Apro
November 8, 2002, 9:54 am

Well this one certainly didn't scare me. It's fast paced action... Basically just one route to the enemy base, which is only divided in the middle by a piece of land. A lot of scenery used and the swamp thing in the middle is nice. You could have taken more out of this swamp theme. Like at least a couple of the actual swamp spots, more paths, etc. But don't worry, bots work fine and it's quite fun also like this [8D]...

Disco Dan
November 8, 2002, 11:34 pm
Perhaps it could be a 'ctf_miniswamp', and I could get started on a 'ctf_bigswamp' or something :D

Disco Dan
November 9, 2002, 1:48 am
I aspire to be a mapping god, so it's good practice, regardless of if the new version is out yet.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 9, 2002, 4:24 am
you're a very good mapper :) keep up the good work...can't wait to see your next release...

Edit:

Your maps have a very simplistic layout but the cool thing is that it offers spectacular gameplay and is very fun :) the quality of the map is also very professional...well done :)
he shoots....
he scores....3 pts :)

Disco Dan
November 9, 2002, 4:56 am
I wanted this map to be very linear, so there is only one way to get to the enemy base, which is straight towards it.

Yeah, I'm working on another map as we speak.

Ja na.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 9, 2002, 5:00 am
o coool hurry and release :)

Disco Dan
November 9, 2002, 6:44 am
ctf_somalia, uncluding stupid bot sammies with AKs and horrible accuracy.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 9, 2002, 9:27 pm
bot sammies?

Disco Dan
November 10, 2002, 12:16 am
Somalians. Ever seen Black Hawk Down? Or read the book?

Anyway, I canned it. I didn't like it.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 10, 2002, 12:23 am
o thats too bad...maybe you should do an artic map...currently there are none. i think.

JayBDey
November 10, 2002, 12:57 am
Yes, an arctic map would be cool. I would love to see that. Looking at some of your other work an arctic map would kick ass.

Apro
November 10, 2002, 2:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0w
o thats too bad...maybe you should do an artic map...currently there are none. i think.

Well go see my map ctf_MeatPackers (available here in forums)... It's not artic, but has a "cold" feeling... Update coming soon as the bird's head spoils the map and I will also include working bots to the next version. I'm alredy making maps ctf_IceBattles (artic map) and ctf_DesertRats (desert map). I need a tester or two to the later one. A person who knows how to handle the bots (now they work and next time they don't) and who would be willing to give suggestions...

Disco Dan
November 13, 2002, 8:30 am
Anyone for a deathmatch swamp level? I'll make one.

Flanagan
November 13, 2002, 5:53 pm
Disco, If you make the CTF Somalia map it would be cool. It could be RTB style if you know what that is, with blue being peacekeepers or something and the Somalies attacking their base. I could make a bunch of bots for the map as well. It could be cool. Please PM me if you got my message.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 14, 2002, 4:25 am
i wanna see a deathmatch swamp level...hope its as good as your other maps...

Killa Gorilla
November 15, 2002, 11:35 am
yeah! deathmatch! i love deathmatch pretty much more than ctf... don't know why the others always make ctf maps :( please make more dm maps!

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 15, 2002, 11:06 pm
no new maps from disco dan? :(

Disco Dan
November 16, 2002, 3:30 am
I'm getting to it.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 16, 2002, 6:35 am
u should make an official ctf map...thats all super fair and pretty and all...should be the "perfectest" map evar~

it should kinda have the same layout as swamp but maybe have umm "more" i guess more layers? tunnels whatever u can think of to make the map better...i dunno...just a suggestion...something i want to see in the future i guess...

SimdroneX
November 17, 2002, 3:39 pm
Wahhh! Great map Disco Dan! I never knew about these forums or anything, seeing as I had downloaded soldat from an outside link a few months ago. Cool!

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 27, 2002, 5:32 am
nice review for this map jay, you should do a ctf_dragonwars review