( search forums )
MountainSide: dm, tm, pm, and rm
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
TFFantasy44
July 25, 2003, 9:22 pm
First released map ^_^ Supports deathmatch,4 team teamdeathmatch, pointmatch and rambomatch...Has waypoints that work well-enough to get the bots to eachother and fight [:D] And the bridge has got to be one of fugliest things I've seen in soldat...I'm not too proud of that one [xx(] But if anyone wants to improve on the waypoints or bridge, go ahead and post here [:D]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] mountsidefull.jpg49.35 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ms1.jpg43 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ms2.jpg43.25 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ms3.jpg42.09 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ms4.jpg33.34 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ms5.jpg53.54 KB

Download Map: [IMAGE] mountainside.zip16.44 KB

Oh yes, and the hole on the left side of the map is a pit...

Baltor
July 26, 2003, 3:52 pm
Nice map.
The polygons are a bit chopy at points, but nonetheless, good job!

Hitman
July 26, 2003, 5:24 pm
No affence but it looks a bit boring, maybe you should add some more scenery.

Gordon
July 27, 2003, 7:51 am
And I don't like the texture stretching, it's too much. Anyway looks good.

-GF

sauron_the_deceiver
July 29, 2003, 9:47 pm
1) Texture streching is as said too much, and where its been used it hasn't been made to fit the other textures. Take screenshot 4. The side of that mountain should be streched horizontally instead of vertically to make it meld together.

2) No shading

3) No different colours in the grass or the mountain. Needs to be different in areas.

4) A suggestion for the bridge. Use one of the 'Col' sceneries set at 'in front of map' and lay it across the bridge polygons in sections (see ctf_B2b).

Electro_cyc
August 3, 2003, 12:20 am
Looks pretty good.

KiLLeR21
August 8, 2003, 10:31 pm
Use the "Fix textures" button after selecting all polys, add some shading (change poly colors), and put in scenery, then it'd be a well playable DM map that also looks good :)