( search forums )
spamming?
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
koil
July 25, 2003, 9:57 pm
hmm, i got sick of watching some dudes, who makes reply(s) for EVRY post in the same page.
maybe you can do that you can only post one hour after your last post? i dont know, cuz its just filling the pages withount anything related to the subject of the post.

ThaD
July 25, 2003, 10:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by koil
hmm, i got sick of watching some dudes, who makes reply(s) for EVRY post in the same page.
maybe you can do that you can only post one hour after your last post? i dont know, cuz its just filling the pages withount anything related to the subject of the post.

that's not the best idea, there are some ppl who post here once, twice per week and so it would be impossible to post in every topic they would like to. But indeed it seems this forum need more active moderatores; b00sta come back?!

b00stA
July 25, 2003, 10:42 pm
I dunno why, but it seems like more and more guys want me to come back.
DNA.styx PMed me and others mentioned me, too.

What do you guys think what forum category should be taken care of? (I mean, where the most annoying spam is)

K
July 25, 2003, 10:51 pm
Just get rid off that ranking mode (corporal...commander)
Seems to me completely useless...

koil
July 25, 2003, 11:06 pm
yea i agree with k.
and hmm, imo, the most boards i see in it is generall disscution and improvments for the game.

b00stA
July 25, 2003, 11:06 pm
I dont know if that really is the problem.
The most spammers in here don't even notice that they're spamming and annoying other forum users.

Some don't even know about the delete/edit function etc. (well and some don't give a damn)

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 25, 2003, 11:15 pm
yeah especialy those one liners like "yeah" "cool" "stfu" "lol" and so on and so forth or just a post completely unrelated to the topic I think dogg should be a mod lol would be funny.

DNA.styx
July 26, 2003, 12:46 am
Hows about using the red flag on posts that you think are spam, that's what it's there for.

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 11:02 am
i know this thread is directed towards me, but none of my posts are spam. They all serve a perpose and do not only contain "lol,jk,rofl(exept 1)" or anything in that catigory. Its summer time and veryones in summer school but me so i play soldat and hang out in forums.

Tha Doggfather
July 26, 2003, 11:04 am
i almost never use the flag post option, i always think im bothering you guys. i always picture you guys think like oh here we go again, a flagger

koil
July 26, 2003, 11:10 am
hmm juice, you'll be suprise but its not cuz of you. sorry if i dissapointed you.
btw, i send 'flag' b4 on some reply and it said that the one who started the thread (there must be a word for all this) is the one i flagged.
dunno if i missunderstood or its a bug or i dont know.

ThaD
July 26, 2003, 11:24 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

What do you guys think what forum category should be taken care of? (I mean, where the most annoying spam is)

General discussion, Game improvements/suggestions, Soldat moments, Oldies Soldat, The lounge maybe

Let's take an example: what's wrong with this topic? - http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5244 ...

Anyway the k's idea is the best IMHO

Tha Doggfather
July 26, 2003, 11:52 am
the k's idea? k didnt post there, i think you gave us the wrong url

koil
July 26, 2003, 12:26 pm
hmm he talked k's post on this thread, not the one he gave the link (the idea withount corporal and the ranking).

b00stA
July 26, 2003, 12:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by K
Just get rid off that ranking mode (corporal...commander)
Seems to me completely useless...

I usually flag off-topic discussions in the Soldat related categories but I think we're annoying DNA.styx, too.

Imho the Game Improvements category should be taken care of because that's the most interesting part for Michal.
I'm prolly going to contact DNA.styx what he thinks about it (me becoming a mod in the improvements section)

Tha Doggfather
July 26, 2003, 12:32 pm
*goes away to sit in corner*

im so stupid

mr_bob
July 26, 2003, 1:42 pm
yeah i think cr4ck is a star hunter and if this is cuz of me flameing everyone im sorry im the same as juice box all my friends have skool so i have nothing to do so im sorry if youll are talking about me

DNA.styx
July 26, 2003, 2:45 pm
If the flag system's abused by users, we will warn the abusers as needed.

Use it, that's why I installed it.

Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2003, 2:47 pm
cr4ck Stol my singnature :D he stole my image :D I'ma gonna kick his ass 1 day :P LOL ! I shouldd prolly set a red flag on my own post now :D coz this is spam...

*Edit*

He was a decent guy and changed it... Ty..

Frosty
July 26, 2003, 5:16 pm
the post rankings promote spam.

i say remove them.

mr_bob
July 26, 2003, 6:54 pm
the ranking system goes both ways cuz the more posts u have the more respect u get in the fourms or atleast thats how i see it but i dont look at the number of posts someone has i look at their name its alot easier and it just makes more sense to me but there again thats how i see it

but on the other hand people see it as i want to be a corporal or captian and stuff like that so i mean it does go both ways

well thats my thought for the day so bye for now

DNA.styx
July 26, 2003, 8:01 pm
The ranking system will stay.

juice _ box
July 29, 2003, 9:06 am
bob claims that im a star hunter only because of a grudge. ignore

eyic
August 1, 2003, 11:23 am
cant we all stop these "people are spamming" topics?
because these topics are just spam, so cant we all just get along, and if theres a spam post then forget it, just read the following post, its not like spamming is a crime, it just gives u more posts, I say if peopel boast abou their posts/ranks then ban them coz i cant stand people like that..

e.g. (this aint real just an example)

eyic : hey how do i put a signature?
A bitch : haha n00b
eyic: stfu bitch
A bitch : haha whatcha gonna do about it? ur still a private im a commander! hahahahaha suck [:-censored] n00b! I own the world MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH im a sarcastic bitch showing of my [:-censored]ed rank MAUAHAHAHHHAHAAHA

and so on......

-wEENie-
August 1, 2003, 11:30 am
HAHAHAHA LOOKIE MAH RANK I R TEH OWNINGZ TEH WORLD! HAR HAR.

Uh.. i don't think so eyic, people aren't that spasticated.

DNA.styx
August 1, 2003, 5:48 pm
if a topic is spam, just red flag it and a mod will look after it.

mikaelgg50
August 2, 2003, 12:36 pm
it´s very easy and they will lose about 50posts i think :DK...