( search forums )
*~~The EnjoyIncubus & EmoAC ctf mappack~~*
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
xXShavoXx
July 25, 2003, 11:55 pm
Well, soon enough there will be a dedicated server running these maps. So, although this isn't as groundbreaking as the official mappack, it should tie you guys over until then. Most of you have seen these maps, but here are some screenies anyhow...

==========
ShowDown

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 26, 2003, 12:27 am
cool I always wanted to get that shroom map ^_^ and I have that viet map as well fun yay more maps for KN.

Landstreicher
July 26, 2003, 12:34 am
*eek*
Why do I waste my time with designing maps? I will never get so good...:/

xXShavoXx
July 26, 2003, 1:19 am
Ok, it's all updated, now to set up the server... :S

Duke33
July 26, 2003, 1:39 am
That is so crazy. Sweet job you two. Way better than i can do (maybe thats cos my maker dunnit work, but hey..). Anyway, please set up your server becuase i really want to play against people on these maps.

enjoyincubus
July 26, 2003, 1:49 am
The server is up and running under the name *~~EI/EMO MAP PACK~~*

If you ever want to play, that server should be up. I'll have it up for at least 8-10 hours a day, at the least. ;)

Enjoy

blasta
July 26, 2003, 2:08 am
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im a go play on ur server

Cookie.
July 26, 2003, 2:32 am
fun fun playing server right now all should download :)

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 3:06 am
im going to go play :D

enjoyincubus
July 26, 2003, 4:13 am
So far, we've had about 8-10 different people show up on the server. All of them have loved just about every map. Let's get the popularity higher!

Enjoy

Social Poison
July 26, 2003, 5:04 am
wow. I'd seen showdown before and thought that was a killer map... but that didn't come close to preparing me for Vietnam.

I literally sat at my computer jaw dropped and said, "wo..."

THat is the first Soldat map I've seen that used depth like that (to see what I mean check out the two forst where the flags are). Your guy looks like he's runing THROUGH a fort and not just on top of it or one of it's floors.

seriously... jaw dropped. You have raised the bar for Soldat map makers everywhere. Dam.n and thank you all at once :)

b00stA
July 26, 2003, 12:25 pm
All maps rock (I like forestbase most.. does someone know who made this map?)

Well, I have one thing to "complain": Desert: IMHO the map is useless (yet very nice) since ctf_kampf is back.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have some fun with these maps on your server :P

K
July 26, 2003, 12:56 pm
great-looking maps :)

Is this an official release...like...you can run these maps on other public servers? (I could ask to run them (or some of them) on the gnet-server)

Keep up the good work !

Tha Doggfather
July 26, 2003, 2:37 pm
too bad you guys live in america, the server is prolly online when im sleeping :(
sweet maps though

xXShavoXx
July 26, 2003, 3:07 pm
b00stA, I made ForestBase. And no K, this isn't the official release, read my first post. But yes, we'd be more than happy if you ran some on your server. Quite a few people have already downloaded this mappack.

enjoyincubus
July 26, 2003, 4:09 pm
Please, feel free to run the maps on your servers. The reason I made desert was to be in version 1.1.5 (made it at the beginning of 1.1.4) because Kampf hadn't returned at that time. But seeing as how I never finished the waypoints, Michal made his own and included it.

[:-sonar]Feel free to run these on your servers...you'll get some players![:-sonar]

Enjoy

Haro1121
July 26, 2003, 4:28 pm
WOWOWWOWWOW awsome i just tested it (Shocked and stunned) 2 words Holy sh!t, nice job guys keep up the good work

666CrAzYSnIpEr666
July 26, 2003, 5:14 pm
coooolllll!!! but... desert is realy same at ctf_KampF....... BUT GREEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTT!!! :D:D:D

Hitman
July 26, 2003, 5:18 pm
Cool, I have been waiting so long for a mappack to come out.

Tha Doggfather
July 26, 2003, 8:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubus
Please, feel free to run the maps on your servers. The reason I made desert was to be in version 1.1.5 (made it at the beginning of 1.1.4) because Kampf hadn't returned at that time. But seeing as how I never finished the waypoints, Michal made his own and included it.

[:-sonar]Feel free to run these on your servers...you'll get some players![:-sonar]

Enjoy

i am running a dedicated server with the mappack now for all the time that im not behind my pc but i get like a 1000 "requesting game" messages, and nobody joins... (well except you EI, i saw you joined and left my server)

for anyone that wants to join:

name: -[TRA]- (E&E mappack)
player limit: 6
registered with ASE

cant really give you times when its online

sauron_the_deceiver
July 26, 2003, 10:46 pm
What, this ISN'T the Offical Map Pack? Damnation....

Still coolies though!

BHedL
July 27, 2003, 5:34 am
No bots? :(

Ps it still told me a scenery was missing!

[edit: it seems to have created a second scenery folder...]

juice _ box
July 27, 2003, 9:52 am
Im going to host these maps from 2:00 am to 4:00 am sunday through wendsday, so pretty much all you europians should be awake.
The server name is "Juice's New Map server".

Tha Doggfather
July 27, 2003, 5:19 pm
hmmm seems like no one joins my server. ill just stick to the standard maps. maybe ill put it up again if the pack reaches more people.

BHedL: the zip file places the files in the correct folders automaticly (see in the far right column in ZIP) just extract all the files is the soldat directory and it should work.

juice _ box
July 27, 2003, 5:26 pm
hmm no one joined exept for my friend because i forced him. i guess 2 hours isnt long enough -,o

BHedL
July 27, 2003, 9:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
BHedL: the zip file places the files in the correct folders automaticly (see in the far right column in ZIP) just extract all the files is the soldat directory and it should work.

I did, it just created a new folder named "scenery gfx" instead of putting them in the scenery-gfx folder. But I fixed it... I don't know why it did that...

Tha Doggfather
July 27, 2003, 11:18 pm
Styx, if you read this: could you add some maps from the mappack to the DNAserver please?
the standard maps are getting boring and everybody that would join the server knows about the mappack because they visit the forum

EvilLaugh
July 28, 2003, 1:03 am
Favortism is a beautiful thing ¬_¬

juice _ box
July 29, 2003, 6:28 am
i agree with dogg

mikaelgg50
July 29, 2003, 2:05 pm
I agree with juice _ box and dogg :)

CbbLe
July 29, 2003, 2:13 pm
don't agree with dogg...the official ones are good as they are.

xXShavoXx
July 29, 2003, 4:53 pm
Either way I don't care. Styx, you don't need to add these maps to DNAgames if you don't want to, so please don't feel obligated to...

kairi
July 31, 2003, 4:27 am
It is many of wonderful MAP. I am moved. Because MAP was influenced by you, I increase the variation of MAP after a long time.

-Phil-
July 31, 2003, 5:08 pm
Nice maps [:D]

Bhedl, it did that because its named differently. The one in the .zip is "scenery gfx" while the one in the soldat folder is "scenery-gfx" the "-" is missing. So it won't overwrite itself.

~Phil

liquidis x snake
July 31, 2003, 8:44 pm
Great job, EI and Emo.

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 1, 2003, 1:06 am
That makes total sense dogg cause then ppl who know the password ie n00bs cant get in since they dont have the map pack yes this will be really good to add to dnagames ^_^

Flanagan
August 4, 2003, 6:29 pm
Showdown is the only decent looking map IMO. The others look only partially finished. There are a couple of good ones, but the only one I'd play would be Showdown

EvilLaugh
August 4, 2003, 9:56 pm
\o/
PWNED

enjoyincubus
August 4, 2003, 10:24 pm
Well, I'll confess that ctf_mars is a two hour project done the night before we released the map pack. It's known as a "filler" map. Ctf_castle was pretty quickly put together too. It's kinda funny that the most worked on one (Showdown) was liked the best...hmm...[:D]

Anyway, I have just one question: What does a decent map look like? Is it a tiny little ctf map, like the 1.05 ctf maps made with pointy polys? Sure, the colors look nice. There's 3 different colors! No wonder the shading is so great...there's no variation! All I saw were maps colored red, blue, and a third changing color. The poly's were pointy too...and these were the good maps. As for 1.1 maps, well...what can I say...there just aren't very many good mappers. :-|

Someone show me a decent map, so I can improve. I'm sure I can just look around here at all the pretty maps, and get a good idea...

Enjoy

xXShavoXx
August 5, 2003, 6:06 pm
I would have redone all of my maps to perfection by now, but I am lazy and lack motivation. Plus, people are never satisfied and we'll always think that if they didn't contribute in some way, the map sucks. Bah, I say...

Flanagan
August 7, 2003, 8:34 pm
For good maps some of the best of 1.05b, check out the MiniCTF League Map Mack. Those were some of the best CTF maps ever made, and if I don't say so myself, SMG had some pretty sweet maps in our map pack, and the only reason I say that is because Arcwolf and myself checked eachother, and prevented us from releasing craptastic maps.

Good Maps:
None from 1.1x sofar.
CTF_Dragonwar - paranoID (winner of first soldat mapping contest)
DM_Sloop - Me
DM_TWOFORTS - Finky (I did a revised editon too)
DM_Inferno - Arcwolf
DM_Rebirth - Aazh (arguably one of the best DM maps EVER for any version of Soldat!)

If anyone who reads this has a copy of the MINICTF Map Pack, could they please send it to me @ shwang_flanagan@yahoo.ca?

xXShavoXx
August 8, 2003, 5:13 am
The only map out of those I had the slightest interest in was ctf_dragonwar (which is an awesome map)... I guess we all hold different opinions eh?

Flanagan
August 8, 2003, 7:17 am
Well dragon war is one of the most visually appealing maps for Soldat. Tiedc with that I say is Rebirth by Aazh. Have you checked it out? http://mnpp.net/features_soldat_maps_rebirth.htm

It is got to be the best gameplay and one of the most visually stunning DM maps I've ever seen.

Again, anyone able to trak down a copy of the MINI CTF Map Pack?

xXShavoXx
August 9, 2003, 1:45 am
Actually Flanagan, I still have it on my computer. Lemme look for it and maybe I'll upload it later..

eyic
August 9, 2003, 1:54 am
i have dragonwar, its really well made and has anyone checked how many waypoints were in that map, well one word : LOADS

anyway , i really liek ur map pack enjoyincubus and emoac, i really liked the way ctf_castle was made and forest base :)

Flanagan
August 9, 2003, 7:25 pm
He actually maxed out the waypoints on only the red side when he did it oriinally, then arc helped him. He was one of the greatest mappers.

If you have it shavo, I'd love it. I might redo mine, andmaybe the others if I get time, motivation.

enjoyincubus
August 9, 2003, 8:28 pm
http://members.lycos.co.uk/soldatbunker/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=8

There's the MINIctf map pack...enjoy

-EDIT-
If that doesn't work, then just follow that link to the site and go to downloads>maps>map packs>MINIctf pack

Flanagan
August 10, 2003, 1:12 am
Sweet mother of god. thanks alot. !!!!!!!!

xXShavoXx
August 10, 2003, 5:13 am
Good, I dont have to upload them... thanks EI! ¬_¬

Tweak896
August 16, 2003, 10:17 pm
this is awesome.......im going to dl those maps and get on your sever right now

xXShavoXx
August 20, 2003, 10:42 pm
hmm... what server? =/

xXShavoXx
January 6, 2004, 6:21 am
rofl *bump* not even sure if these maps still work or not...

eyic
January 6, 2004, 6:32 am
EMOAC WERE HAVE U BEEN DUDE!!! GOD I MISSED YOU MAN SUP SUP SUP :D

Tha Doggfather
January 6, 2004, 5:00 pm
hiya emo!

in a DF 2 clan yet? ;)

xXShavoXx
January 10, 2004, 6:46 pm
nah, I am playing the [:-censored] out of Rainbow Six 3 on XBOX Live actually. And I MIGHT come back once 1.2 is released, dunno, prolly not, but oh well lol.