( search forums )
player clothes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
koil
July 26, 2003, 10:58 am
hmm, its prolly was said b4, and the search option doesnt work (for now atleast), but what about 'short pants' or 'jacket'?
its true that it will be hardly noticed (the whole soldat player is about 10 pixels i think) but it will be nice to see your soldier a unique and not just like evryone else.

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 11:00 am
hes more like 40 but, yea i want to see a nzai spike helmunt and a trench coat

SuperKill
July 26, 2003, 11:26 am
40 pixels..you wish

3rd_account
July 26, 2003, 12:16 pm
Actully it's 22 pixels without hair or headgear. :P

juice _ box
July 26, 2003, 12:28 pm
i had all the pieces stacked together on my mind ><. yea modding throws you off a bit

Cr4cK
July 26, 2003, 6:15 pm
oo i want an trench coat that would be like camo!and i hoep it will be animated if it will be added

3rd_account
July 26, 2003, 11:18 pm
And I want a midget Oompa Loompa with honey-diped nuts.

eyic
July 27, 2003, 12:55 am
hey what about michal makes a new program for soldat called "The Clothes Builder" and you can make any style clothes u want without CHANGING anythign from gostek mabe it would have some real cool things which helps you make clothes :)

dunno any suggestions, remarks, comments?

Duke33
July 27, 2003, 2:32 am
Acutally, ive always wanted a program for soldat which, all in one, makes it possible to edit skin and hair, color and clothes, etc. All of that, minus the clothes, is possible, but in two different things (SSCC and Soldat itself)...anyway, i think it would be nice to have all of that in one. Easier.

However, clotheswise, it should be NORMAL clothes. Or relativly normal. So, no sailer moon outfits, spacesuits, indian, etc etc. Please, can we at least be mature about the clothes? No kiddy stuff. In the program, there would be the different types of clothes (pants, shorts, shirt, longcoat, jacket, etc), and the ability to edit the color of them. As well, it would be good to have only clothes that are visible, so no bandanas or different types of shoes or glasses or gloves or anything like that, becuase all that would be pointless and a waste of time.

So, in conclusion, i would like a program, sort of like eyic said, that combines the inbuilt soldat clothing/coloring/acessories thing, with SSCC and then adding the ability to put on different types of mature clothes and editing the color of those clothes.....

Now, i know that some people want to have the bunny suits and cowboy hats and suits of armour and tails, but that would make soldat a farce, stupid and kiddy. And not soldat. This is my opinion, and im sure that all of you have yours. Please if you disagree with what i think, dont insult me and burn me, but rather just support your view with ideas and thoughts.

NuZZ
July 27, 2003, 3:16 am
Be serious man, do u really think that people would go to the time of makeing a bunny siut, and calling themself eyic.... That oddly correct, considering eyics abilities in soldat, but would eyic make himself a pink bunny siut, he would get himself a bloody jacket and maybe some jeens... Don't ask me ask eyic. If u really had problems and forgot ypour medication, u may do that bunny sh!t, but then u may get ya medication back... So...
I HAVE FIRST DIBBS ON A CAPE AND HORNS AND MAYBE WINGS!!! lol
GREAT idea!

Social Poison
July 27, 2003, 3:35 am
*burns and insults Duke*

hehe just kidding ;)

I actually like the idea very much of being able to have customized clothes. Lol... a duster/trench coad would be very popular I'd imagine. Ideas along those lines:

Red trenchcoatd - Vash the Stampede (Trigun :D)
Black (on black) - Neo / Morpheus / Anyone from the Matrix or some other "bada.ss" spinoff guy
Brown and make your persons body skin tone - a flasher! :D haha

juice _ box
July 27, 2003, 3:56 am
;รพ
white coat, a sunglasses mod(already have) ,white pants, shirts and dreads ect. the matrix twins

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 27, 2003, 4:04 am
Yep so then I can make a kinda Ninja clothing and a long red scarf yesss lol jk about the scarf this would be a very handy program :-) lets start a petition lol.

juice _ box
July 27, 2003, 12:44 pm
::signs:: knowing that this idea like many others probly wont happen, i keep my fingers crossed

Electro_cyc
July 27, 2003, 7:48 pm
I reeeaaally hope that it will happen. That would be soooo cool! But i was thinking it would have templates of a coat or something so you can add buttons, pockets and change colors because we need some limits otherwise there will be people in pink bunny suits. Maybe even clan in pink bunny suits *shudders* scary...

I think army clothes would be good. Like US special forces or a Soviet one from WW2.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 27, 2003, 8:51 pm
The only arguements against this is that the Soldats are too small. Who cares. If it makes you feel 'cooler' or, in the bunny suit mans case, 'gayer', then it should be done. I think that more customisability would make you know which players are which, compensating for player names being hard to view, and would open up better possibilities for clan uniforms (:D).

I know this might sound stupid but I would REALLY like to see a Kilt!

Cr4cK
July 27, 2003, 8:58 pm
I JUST WANT AN BIG COAT LIKE NEO HAS IN MATRIX! DONT U! lol eyic's running around like bunnys!

Electro_cyc
July 27, 2003, 9:01 pm
Yeah it doesnt matter if its too small, we would make our own clothes. But there's a problem, in team match or ctf how would you know who's on your team or not?

Duke33
July 27, 2003, 10:11 pm
I think that it should still be the same: whatever is on the top (shirt, jackot, trench coat) is the team color. Or if its some sort of all in one suit, then the whole thing be the team color.

But again: We should only try to make normal type clothes, no bunny suits. Please. If there are enough people who like this, and its not too hard to program, then it might be made. But if it isnt respectable, then theres less a chance. Do you get what i mean? Theres not tons of a chance of michal making a spacesuit (thank god) but there is a good chance of him making a trench coat, since thats relativtly normal...sooooo.....lets try to stay remotely sane. (note: good god, i seem to be lecturing alot...pretty pathetic i guess ,but hey)

Electro_cyc
July 27, 2003, 10:40 pm
Yes i agree thats why i said we could have templates for creating our clothes. Or we could just have a lot of clothes premade so we wont be able to make them.

Edit: Michal if you do this PLEASE add a Soviet uniform. From WW2 preferibly but any will do.

eyic
July 28, 2003, 4:45 am
so everyoen agrees with my idea right? lol it'd be real cool if u know what i mean :)

juice _ box
July 28, 2003, 5:05 am
and possibly intagrating your new cloths trench coat ect with something like th POA editor so a trench coat doesnt stay starit down

Electro_cyc
July 28, 2003, 4:08 pm
Yes of course we agree with your idea eyic