( search forums )
Lack of servers?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
gangsta
July 28, 2003, 8:35 pm
Is it just me or is Soldat lacking a good supply of quality CTF servers? The only server which never lagged for me was "Dual 933 got raped" and that's apparently gone right now. And when it was around you could never get in because it was always full. It was always full because it's the only good CTF server around. The only other fast CTF server I know of is the Mminternet one but no one is ever there and when it reaches its capacity of 24 it lags like hell. And even if a server on a fast connection were to come about, you could bet they have stationary guns enabled and a 20 second spawn time.

Every other server I go to, regardless of how low its ping appears to be in the servers list, the lag meter is orange or red. I doubt this is my connection's fault (I have cable) ...besides Dual 933 worked for me, why can't they? Most of them are just some guy hosting on their DSL connection from their desktop computer.

I really hope when the Linux dedicated of 1.1.5 is released we can get some good servers so I can keep playing Soldat (if that has anything to do with it). [:(][:-weepn]

Frosty
July 28, 2003, 8:41 pm
Yes the lack of good servers is a bit annoying. But I cannot blame anyone since I do not host one myself.

Electro_cyc
July 28, 2003, 8:46 pm
Yeah same here. I would host one if i didnt have a 56k. And i liked that server too, and there used to be 2 of them. The people with the good internet should host, it would help the rest of us. As i soon as i get a good internet, if ever, then i'll host 24 hours a day.

Tha Doggfather
July 28, 2003, 9:17 pm
i try to help with my server (-[TRA]- clan server), it can hold 6 people. its not much but its something...

CbbLe
July 28, 2003, 10:15 pm
well, most ppl are from europe (and youa re from usa)...since it's mroe ppl from europe = more servers from europe = more lagg

Electro_cyc
July 28, 2003, 11:45 pm
The Duel 933 server seemed to work great with the US too.

Some one here should get a 3g connections so 32 people can play.

Frosty
July 28, 2003, 11:46 pm
MUFFINZ 4 ALL