( search forums )
Each gun's "anti" gun
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Social Poison
July 29, 2003, 1:58 am
Just thought this might be an interesting discussion. What do you think each gun's balancing rival is (or anti-gun). obvioiusly this is all just opinion... but I was curious if anyone had thought about this. BTW - don't make yourself sound ignorant by saying the barret is anti-everything. :P

See if you can use each gun only once!

Gun - Anti Gun

DEs - SPAS
HK-MP5 - M79
AK-74 - HK-MP5
Steyr-AUG - AK-74
SPAS - Barret
Ruger - DEs
M-79 - AUG
Barret - Ruger
Minimi (or whatever :p) - Minigun
Minigun - Minimi

Outcast
July 29, 2003, 2:28 am
Barret - All

Social Poison
July 29, 2003, 2:30 am
Damn you Outcast ;)

Kamikaze_Ninja
July 29, 2003, 2:54 am
ROFL @ outcast yeah that really does make sense at this situation of Barrets supremacy over other weps (if your good at it) *cough* Barret Fascist lmao jk.

Outcast
July 29, 2003, 3:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Social Poison
Damn you Outcast ;)

whoops didnt read that on the end, but it's staying since it's true.

Duke33
July 29, 2003, 3:56 am
Im afraid it is. Some guns have oppisites and other guns that balance them out. But the barret balances out everything out and kicks their asses....if, as KN said, youre good at it.

Anyway, on this idea, who would say is the best out of the autos-HK MP5, AK74, Steyr AUG, or FN Minimi. The HK is the fastest, but has short range and not tons of damage but a fast reload. The AK does quite alot of damage (relativly), has an alright range, but it pretty slow fire rate, and a slow reload time (relativly). The AUG is a mixture of the AK and the HK. And the FN is pretty slow firing (slower than the AK isnt it?) has an alright range, does some damage, and has lots of ammo but a slow reload time.

Anyway, just say what you think on that, and which of them best balances out the barret. I would say the HK, cos it has a fast reload time so you can spray alot, and can do some nasty stuff close range. Correction: Its one of the best against the barret if you can get really close to them, which take skill.

N1nj@
July 29, 2003, 4:00 am
AK owns man. it does way more damamges than other auto guns. and it has 40 bullets which is pretty good.

eyic
July 29, 2003, 4:55 am
ive become extremely skilled with the HK ever since i join :)
and i agree with duke, since i started using HK MP5 i started gettign better at killign snipers by simply goign close to them and jumping aroudn spraying themm all over the place, the prob is that most snipers camp next to health so they keep gaining health until they kill me it pisses me of....

Duke33
July 29, 2003, 5:42 am
Thats why I use nades. If they're near health, then i throw nades all over them, then spray with HK. It usually works. Still, the best way to kill a sniper is with a barret. Just run or fly up really fast and before they can register you're there, you shoot them. This works on most guys--ie, the ones that arent good with the barret.

CbbLe
July 29, 2003, 7:43 am
"the prob is that most snipers camp next to health so they keep gaining health until they kill me it pisses me of...."

exactly, so once again I say this: dont decrease aim. decrease sight on barret. Then there wont be as much campers

Social Poison
July 29, 2003, 8:01 am
No one is playing the game right :(
*goes into corner and cries*

juice _ box
July 29, 2003, 8:07 am
i play team match more than ctf ::GASP:: try that, no barrets

SuperKill
July 29, 2003, 9:10 am
haha u play teammatch more then ctf
lol that sux ;P

Middlemoor
July 29, 2003, 10:45 am
There's no anti-guns. Each gun serves it's role and each can be used to bring about another's downfall.

Tha Doggfather
July 29, 2003, 12:06 pm
i agree with eyic: MP5 owns. i said in the "most useless weapon" topic (or what was it called) that MP5 sucked, but ive been using it often lately and im lethal with it. i think its the coolest weapon out there (together with SPAS). its fire rate is awesome, i wish i discovered this weapon earlier. i try to use more weapons lately, so far i practised alot with m79, MP5, deagles and steyr. but im still using my barret in clanmatches.

Outcast
July 29, 2003, 2:28 pm
mp5 is well, a weapon that really pisses me off :p

sqweek
July 29, 2003, 3:50 pm
Hrm...
I'll base this on the weapons I hate to meet when I'm using each wep.
[code]
Desert Eagles - FN Minimi
HK MP5 - Ruger
Ak-74 - M79
Steyr AUG - Spas-12
Spas-12 - Desert Eagles
Ruger - Steyr AUG
M79 - HK MP5
Barret M82A1 - Ak-74
FN Minimi - Everything. I suck with the Minimi ;)
XM214 Minigun - Barret M82A1
[/code]

Ok, that ended up being pretty random I think, but I tried :)

Xorax
July 29, 2003, 3:52 pm
no gun beat steyr :P (if held by the right person) ^-^

sauron_the_deceiver
July 29, 2003, 5:19 pm
No gun beat another when they are used by the right person. In that situation it ends up boiling down to who has least health. If health is the same then usually you end up killing each other ;). Seriously, I've ended up in stalemate deaths with other players, even with machine guns!

Doggfather: Yeah, the MP5 is a dark horse. I used to think it sucked, and I was disgusted when someone on the forums said they were using it :). But recently its the only machine gun I use. It rules on Realistic.

BTW, I think M79 - Barret because the M79 just doesn't have the range to kill the other person.

3rd_account
July 29, 2003, 6:54 pm
Gun I'm using - Enemy's weapon

Desert Eagles - M79, HK MP5
HK MP5 - M79
Ruger 77 - Barret M82A1, M79
M79 - Barret M82A1, M79

These are my weaknesses, [:-censored] on that M79 and Barret! :(

Aquillion
July 29, 2003, 7:30 pm
I would say that the Barret's closest anti-gun is the Minigun, actually, at least insofar as the two guns are dynamically opposed. Of course it's true that the Minigun is hardly the weapon one would pick for a duel against a Barret (or indeed a duel of any sort, unless you were sure you'd be able to choose the location and anticipate your opponent's attack). Still, once a Minigunner has warmed up and started firing in someone's general direction it is very unlikely that their target will be able to get off a clean shot. In this regard a well-planned assult with a Minigun can frequently nullify the advantage of a Barret in a way that few other weapons can. The startup lag of the Minigun is not as much of a disadvantage against the Barret as one would think, either, since the Barret would probably get off the first shot against any other gun anyway.

Unfortunately, if the person with the Barret attacks first then the person with the Minigun will die. This is not really a fault of the Minigun; if someone with a Barret attacks first then anyone will die.

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 3:18 am
I think that a huge factor is the skill of the player. Sure, if a gun fires fast or does lots of damage or whatever--it helps. But the determining factor is the skill. Prime example: barret. Some people REALLY rule with it, impossible to beat. Almost, anyway. And then theres the amateurs, the n00bs. And they suck. So, with the same weapon and the same power, there are different categories.

Electro_cyc
July 30, 2003, 3:40 am
Yeah skill is the most important thing. A skilled player can win with any gun.
And if the guy with the beret is camping then you can easily take him out with an m79.

Xorax
July 30, 2003, 3:53 pm
if anyone come with a minigun against me, I just kill them with socom -.- minigun is such a lousy weapon its scary o.O

Aquillion
July 30, 2003, 5:10 pm
If someone is coming straight at you with a minigun, then they're using it wrong anyway.

Electro_cyc
July 30, 2003, 5:56 pm
Lol its true.

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 9:03 pm
Well I've killed guys that have AKs with just a socom. As well ive killed guys that have MP5s, barrets, m79s and acouple other weapons, me just armed with a socom. Its pretty easy...