( search forums )
New moderator petition
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 7:29 pm
Okay, now its my turn for a sparkly petition. Except mine is serious ;).

I think we need a new moderator for General Discussions and Game improvements. I'm damned sick of all the newbies spamming up the place and noone being here to mop up after them.

Sign this petition please.

*sign*

juice _ box
July 30, 2003, 7:34 pm
i dunno...
you just flamed my "what is your soldat sporting thread". that is a genral topic yet its "stupid". but what ever you have my signature

(edit) it was typo, nm you have my support

Tha Doggfather
July 30, 2003, 8:02 pm
yes i sign too, i never see those guys (abortion and toadsmoke) posting here.

we need moderators that are active.

can we make suggestions for new mods? hmm why do i ask, ill just cast my vote: b00sta

and maybe i could help him, if he doesnt mind and if styx agrees (which i doubt)

if you sign the petition, please add who you would like to be a mod.

juice _ box
July 30, 2003, 8:09 pm
i vote sauron and boosta, even though he disagress with everyone about everything we need mods.

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 8:12 pm
So, sauron would be the mod? Sure, he seems a nice guy and sensible. Sure, i sign. Where are toadsmoke and abortion? They're never on....so we need a new, active mod either way. So, signed...
This is for either Sauron or b00sta. Im not too sure whos voting for who, so ill just make it the same list til some say...
List:
Juice Box
Duke
Tha Doggfatha
Electro_cyc

Electro_cyc
July 30, 2003, 8:12 pm
*Signed*

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 8:18 pm
...aw...well.....I'm touched Duke....I do my best....

I think that one of the best people would be B00sta. He has got that tendency to quote the FAQs/rules to anyone who doesn't comply. Its a moderating quality :P.

ThaD
July 30, 2003, 8:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
yes i sign too, i never see those guys (abortion and toadsmoke) posting here.

Abortion posts here sometimes, toadsmoke is inactive indeed.

Have you seen this topic: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5973 ? It's very possible that b00stA shall become a moderator, let's hope so he's one of the most reasonable persons at this forum.

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 8:51 pm
lol sauron. Well, you dont scream and bitch all the time like some people, your spelling and grammer is good, and nobody seems to seriously hate you. So yeah..

b00stas good too, sensible and so on. So i support either sauron or b00sta. Both the same to me. On my list i made i just have one list for both of you since it seems that people arent saying which. By the way, wheres b00sta? We dont even know if he wants to be a mod...

N1nj@
July 30, 2003, 8:52 pm
abortion adn toadsmoke are on. just dont usually do stuff in gerneral forum.

mr_bob
July 30, 2003, 9:21 pm
yeah i sign but i vote for my self not really i flame too much so i guess for boosta and the other one can rember the name and too fcking lazy to scroll up

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 9:30 pm
Ninj@--then why dont i ever see them post?

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 9:37 pm
Yeah, whats the point in a moderator than doesn't do his job?

enjoyincubus
July 30, 2003, 9:38 pm
Abortion comes on sometimes. Toadsmoke has not posted since April.

Enjoy

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 9:49 pm
Personally I think Abortion needs to be replaced as well. He isn't posting enough for a moderator.

On that subject, if Abortion was to be replaced, who would you vote? I would (sure as hell) say Meandor. He is the ultimate at modding and deserves the position.

juice _ box
July 30, 2003, 9:54 pm
meandor is verry active to.
scratch my vote for boosta.
i had a chance to talk with sauron and he seems to be the best bet for a good moderator.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 10:03 pm
Hehe shame Meandor can't be part of the discussion though...hes on holiday :D

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 11:19 pm
Yeah. Okay, so are we having seperate votes for each person, b00sta and sauron and meandor? Okay, somone else take up the list. Sauron you do it since its your petition. Im too lazy....

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 11:35 pm
Well, according to you lot me and b00sta are up for replacing Toadsmoke, and I say Meandor should replace Abortion. But if someone wants to put Meandor to replace Toadsmoke then thats fine....:S.

I don't think we should actually keep a tally of votes for people....I mean, its Styx's decision. We aren't gonna affect anything by precise voting.

enjoyincubus
July 30, 2003, 11:37 pm
My moderator votes are as follows:

General Discussions: b00sta - needs ONE guy with common sense and someone who is somewhat strict.

Game Improvements/Suggestions: Duke33 - very active, understands what's possible and what is not

Modding Forums: Meandor - simply great, and active. One thing that I don't like-he called me "uncool" a while back. :P

Wild card/could-get-in-but-most-likely-won't-yet-could-do-ok-but-just-not-good-enough: Sauron_the_deciever - Call me crazy, but I just don't think he's ready to be a moderator...but that's my opinion, flame me if you want to.

Enjoy

Outcast
July 31, 2003, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
Personally I think Abortion needs to be replaced as well. He isn't posting enough for a moderator.

On that subject, if Abortion was to be replaced, who would you vote? I would (sure as hell) say Meandor. He is the ultimate at modding and deserves the position.

So, if your a moderator you have to post? weeeee...... lol :P

juice _ box
July 31, 2003, 1:07 am
atleast stay active in the comunity.

DNA.styx
July 31, 2003, 1:53 pm
i've just PM'ed and emailed abortion and toadsmoke to see why they are not about as regularly as they used to. I'll give them a chance to get back to me and if they are not able to perform their moderator positions I'll post again here.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 31, 2003, 5:18 pm
Yeah...post/stay active. Same thing.

I think that (no offence intended here) that b00sta is TOO strict for a moderator...I mean, it might just be me, but when someone posts in the wrong area, hes there and he seems a little TOO pissed at them.

I think that Duke33 would be best bet for game improvements.

b00stA
July 31, 2003, 6:06 pm
I'm sorry that I couldn't post here earlier (some days I'm online all day and sometimes I'm off for like 5 days >:/ )

About 1 week ago I messaged DNA.styx via IRC so he could make me a moderator again, but he didn't respond.
So.. of course I want to become a moderator again, but not the only one in a certain category because I'm not regularly online (might change some time, let's see..).

Sauron: If someone posts in the wrong area I just move his topic :)
Otherwise, I might seem strict, but I do not flame anyone (especially newbies).. as I said before I just like to point out obvious things in a weird kind of way. (e.g. the list things.. I always seem like an asshole when doing this, but in fact the points are very helpful.)

Conclusion: I'd like to become moderator in the General Discussion and/or Improvements forum together with someone else.

wormdundee
July 31, 2003, 6:12 pm
i'm going for moderator of the bash pit! or somethin like that

R
July 31, 2003, 7:16 pm
right worm, your gunna have some stiff competition with camping carl lol

sauron_the_deceiver
July 31, 2003, 9:32 pm
And cr4ck.

b00sta: Yeah well....erm...yeah :P. I'd moderate with you.

R
July 31, 2003, 9:43 pm
hmm...i just saw toadsmoke make a post about 5 minutes ago in the "do you play soldat with sound on" thread. is that like his first on in a while?

DNA.styx
July 31, 2003, 9:56 pm
Who would the community see as a good mod for the bugs forum, someone who's nice to newbies and doesn't mind posting a million time that 'the lobby server is down' [:)]

Edit: Voting for yourself not allowed, sorry R, just my way of stopping a gazillion "I wanna be mod" posts

R
July 31, 2003, 10:02 pm
well, i do post a lot in there and i do post saying lobby is down ;) i would do good in there....plus on the days i cant play soldat all i do is go on the forums for like 6 hours.[:D] arrr!!! scratch that vote [xx(] I have also experienced most bugs so i would be able to tell people what had just happened to them and if i didnt i could check it out and test it myself. i think i would be pretty good for the job[^] and i'd lock those threads that repeat the bugs.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 1, 2003, 12:47 am
Is it me, or had Toadsmoke made his first post in three months, just because DNA.Styx PMed him asking about it? I am pretty confident that he won't do his job, like he didn't for the last quarter of a year (yes, I CAN do maths ;D). Bring in a new moderator for General Discussions I tell you! Its not that I want to be a moderator (although I do), but I think we seriously need decent moderation in those topics, and Toadsmoke let us down.

I vote either b00sta or R for bugs :D.

R: You owe me one ;/

Outcast
August 1, 2003, 1:00 am
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
Is it me, or had Toadsmoke made his first post in three months, just because DNA.Styx PMed him asking about it? I am pretty confident that he won't do his job, like he didn't for the last quarter of a year (yes, I CAN do maths ;D). Bring in a new moderator for General Discussions I tell you! Its not that I want to be a moderator (although I do), but I think we seriously need decent moderation in those topics, and Toadsmoke let us down.

I vote either b00sta or R for bugs :D.

R: You owe me one ;/

h0h0h00h0h no :)

mr_bob
August 1, 2003, 3:34 am
see i was going to do the same thing r did cuz i do post alot in the bugs forum and for the most part i dont flame in the bugs cuz computers are complicated but i know i be voted for but oh well thats my 2 cents

NightCabbage
August 1, 2003, 9:54 am
Well for the bugs forum, it would have to be someone with a good technical background who knows how to program so they can analyse the bugs... And of course, they would have to know Soldat in and out :P

eyic
August 1, 2003, 11:24 am
Sauron is our man! "signs"
I say Boosta Sauron and Meandor become moderators!

Tha Doggfather
August 1, 2003, 1:12 pm
Nightcabbage for bugs! you have a technical background and know soldat in and out... play soldat :D

sauron_the_deceiver
August 1, 2003, 6:27 pm
Harharhar that got you good Cabbage....

BTW I tell you all to ignore Eyics opinion if you didn't already....hes got this 'fan' thing about me.....I think he stalks me...

R
August 1, 2003, 7:27 pm
i'm just wondering how many new moderators is DNA.styx gunna have? like for the general discussions and bugs? or are more forums gtting mods too?

enjoyincubus
August 1, 2003, 8:16 pm
Ok, if you need a bugs guy too, I need to update my list.
----------
General Discussions-b00sta, sauron (possibly)
----------
Bugs-Nightcabbage
----------
Game Improvements/Suggestions-Duke33
----------
Modding-Meandor
----------

koil
August 1, 2003, 9:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
I'll give them a chance to get back to me and if they are not able to perform their moderator positions I'll post again here.

look at the date, 31 right? now its 1 right? only 1 day has past right? and already we got 4(or 5) new moderators?
give them some time, as styx said. and i doubt if 1 day is enough time.

NightCabbage
August 2, 2003, 11:11 am
hey that's cool =D

(lol doggy :P)

ey is funny, heh
oh, and... watch ur back stalky.... ;) j/k

eyic
August 2, 2003, 11:42 am
I say Stalky, Meandor and NightCabbage becoem forum moderators! WOOGA WOOGA

sauron_the_deceiver
August 2, 2003, 3:03 pm
^ PLEASE GOD EVERYONE IGNORE THAT ^

Koil: We are not saying we should replace all these moderators, we are talking about replacements if they don't do their job anymore, or give it up. THe only exception is Toadsmoke...3 months...FFS.

toadsMoke
August 3, 2003, 7:13 pm
well... here i am. i understand that a few of you may be out after my neck, and that's a legitimate concern. No, I haven't been fulfilling my responsibility as a moderator and I owe you all an appology. But, I hope that you can all appreciate that life does get a little rough and the forums aren't at the top of my priority list. If I feel that I cannot, I will contact styx, and I will step down.

To be completely honest, Sauron, I'm not sure that your intensions are 100% honorable. Also, I don't know if you can fully appreciate what life is like, living on your own, working and attempting to maintain some kind of a social life.

Having said that, I am back, and I will stay. I've made a commitment and I intend to fulfill it.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 3, 2003, 10:34 pm
Look, no offence dude, but if you are gonna fly off for three months of hell when we get all the spam and double posting of the newbies, I would prefer it if you told Styx to get you a temporary replacement.

And BTW, I couldn't care less if someone else were to replace you. Sure, I might want to be a moderator someday, but so does everyone else. I'm just one of the only ones who voices it. If you think I'm desperate to be a moderator, and want you chucked off for that, then you are badly mistaken. I want you chucked off because there is no insurance that you won't piss off again for another quarter year. Also, I do fully appreciate what life is like, but this forum doesn't revolve around you. It doesn't hold while you sort something out that took you three months, if I imply your meanings correctly. New moderators come and go, and I think that you just kept a position that would have been fully appreciated by someone else, and all the posters in your select topics, while you were 'away'.

toadsMoke
August 4, 2003, 4:58 am
Well, by your logic, we have no more insurance that you would keep and fulfil the responsibilities of the job. Obviously styx has some trust in me, since I have not been given the boot. He is the administrator; I don't believe that he'd do something to the detriment of this project.

Also, being a moderator isnt just regulating new comers on the forums, especially in this particular situation. The newbie problem will never stop, so no matter who is the moderator, people will still have to read the spam and double posting. Moderating is being patient with posters and making decisions that not everyone is going to be happy with. Like the Bartman said, "you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't." The key to being a good moderator is to be balanced, not rash.

...and yes, i did quote an early 90's rap song.

DNA.styx
August 5, 2003, 2:56 am
I've recieved assurances from Abortion and toadsMoke that they are back and keeping an eagle eye over their forums again.

So please welcome NightCabbage to the mods team helping me look after the bugs/help forum.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 5, 2003, 2:01 pm
Toadsmoke: In short reply to that, newbies hardly ever listen to other posters if they get told to edit posts instead of doubling. When a moderator tells them to, they do it.

EDIT: Was thinking, why don't we have a Soldat Moments moderator?

toadsMoke
August 5, 2003, 11:26 pm
Sauron, that's my point. Newbies are newbies for a reason. they don't know very much and just cause problems.no matter who's the moderator, they will always exist....

eyic
August 6, 2003, 12:14 am
guys who carez, fighting over beign moderator wotn do anything, if u guyz keep on arguing on who should be moderator then dont, it just isnt right, coz if DNA wants to replace a moderator he'll do it, its not the forum posters decision to ask dna if they can be moderators.

As you can see DNA has chosen "the all great mighty full on cool master bug kwel guy" NightCabbage to be the help/Bugs forum moderator coz hes shown that he can be a good at it, and right now i have no idea what the people askign for moderator have done yet, so i u want to become a moderator, just show it, PLEASE.

^ forget what i said ^
I SAY STALKY AND DUKE AND MEANDOR AND BOOSTA BECOME MODERATORS!! WOOHOO!

ThaD
August 6, 2003, 10:18 am
quote:Originally posted by toadsMoke
Sauron, that's my point. Newbies are newbies for a reason. they don't know very much and just cause problems.no matter who's the moderator, they will always exist....

...which doesn't change the fact a moderator is supposed to delete double posts, close useless topics and so on. There are Forum rules which should be read by any new member of this forum, if he doesn't do that, then it's his decision, moderator should have no mercy he should keep this forum clean for good of all other members.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 6, 2003, 8:21 pm
Yeah, and how is a moderator meant to keep the forum clean if he goes off for three months?

DNA.styx
August 6, 2003, 9:10 pm
guys, if you want to flame each other take it to PM/email, else I'll get my slapping slick out and beat the lot of ye!

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 6, 2003, 11:03 pm
"guys, if you want to flame each other take it to PM/email, else I'll get my slapping slick out and beat the lot of ye!" LMAO styx, I never really read the rules when I joined lol.

toadsMoke
August 6, 2003, 11:04 pm
sauron, or anyone else for that matter, if you interested, PM me.

TIR_Blade
August 7, 2003, 1:08 am
Lets drop this topic and maybe give them 1 more chance. If they screw it up. Then discuss about getting a new moderator. Otherwise sit back and see if they can handle it.

R
August 7, 2003, 3:47 am
sauron, quit bashing toadsMoke and Abortion just because you want to be a mod badly. it doesnt really make you look good :(

Meandor
August 7, 2003, 4:14 pm
(back ftrom holiday)
Thank you for pointing me out as modding forum guy, but
1. Abortion is active and i think he does a good enuf job
2. I dun wanna steal his place
3. I would be a very bitchy mod and would delete half of the posts (see my i should be an admin thread =P)

sauron_the_deceiver
August 7, 2003, 6:09 pm
R: I don't wanna be a moderator THAT badly. However, I personally think that a moderator should not be a moderator if he doesn't do his job properly, and Toadsmoke didn't. Oh sorry, I forgot 3 months is no biggy and I'm not allowed to have an opinion in the matter. Fine, I'll go sit in the corner of the room in the same way the adminstration/moderation wants to treat us.

Fine. By. Me.

toadsMoke
August 7, 2003, 11:31 pm
Sauron, okay the fact that I left for 3 months doesn't reflect well. But I am back and I believe that I have done a great job while I have been active.

And here's my promise to you and all others that want me ousted: From this day forward, if I am inactive for more than 72 hours, I will resign and the moderators and administrators collectively select a new moderator.

Placated?

sauron_the_deceiver
August 8, 2003, 7:22 pm
OKAY okay fine. I'll shut up.

But remember.....I'll be watching you....

toadsMoke
August 8, 2003, 10:36 pm
lol...
actually, if you look at my avatar, it's the opposite way around.

sauron_the_deceiver
August 9, 2003, 1:52 pm
DAMMIT! Outdone AGAIN...

:P rofl...