( search forums )
Question about Points.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Frosty
July 30, 2003, 8:50 pm
Not long ago I noticed that I was losing points when I died.

I was happy with this change, but now it doesn't seem to be working the same way.

Can someone please tell me if this was a bug or if it is an option that I don't know about.

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 8:56 pm
No, its no option or bug. I know when you kill yourself in certain modes, you lose points. I think, anyway. Could someone tell me the specifics too?

Frosty
July 30, 2003, 8:59 pm
I was losing points in both deathmatches and ctf games.

I rather enjoyed it too.

Tha Doggfather
July 30, 2003, 9:05 pm
maybe you lose poits in PM and RM, because i dont know about those, played em like 1 time :S but i dont think you do

you DO NOT lose points for dying in INF, CTF and DM/TM...

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 9:07 pm
When you suicide in TM, you lose points for the team. You don't lose points for killing yourself in DM, and your score goes down in CTF, but obviously doesn't affect the team. I don't THINK your score is ever affected when you harakiri (/kill /brutalkill) but I'm not sure.

Frosty
July 30, 2003, 9:12 pm
I know for a fact I was in a deathmatch and every player's points was going down 1 each death they had.

I was able to knock the leader (29 points) down to 20 points and take the lead.

Tha Doggfather
July 30, 2003, 9:20 pm
kewl i never knew that, ill be more carefull nect time in TM when FF is on (hardly play with FF on but hey, ill remember it)

Duke33
July 30, 2003, 10:56 pm
No, i dont think you lose points when OTHER people kill you. I think its just when you kill yourself in some modes you lose points......

Frosty
July 30, 2003, 10:59 pm
I've seen it happen before (in deathmatch). When I killed or was killed, scores went down 1 point.

It hasn't happened in a few months, but it *did* happen.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 30, 2003, 11:01 pm
No, killing teamates with FF takes the points as well. Thats what really pisses me about team killers.

Frosty
July 30, 2003, 11:07 pm
FF?

R
July 30, 2003, 11:11 pm
you do not lose points in ctf by suiciding, i know this for a fact

Electro_cyc
July 30, 2003, 11:11 pm
I never knew you can lose points except in TM if you kill yourself you lose points for the team. I play ctf a lot and i kill myself a lot, i dont think i lost points.

sqweek
July 31, 2003, 4:13 pm
I think the rules on losing points for killing team mates/yourself has changed between versions...

koil
July 31, 2003, 4:19 pm
the whole suicide thing (that lower your score by -1) changed in 1.1.4.
b4 that it decrased your points but now, after 1.5 months (or something), you noticed that.
tooked you some time :a.

edit --
(from the 'soldat 1.1.4 release' (typo) )
quote:- Changed points and team score doesn't decrease from self kills