( search forums )
Training
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SoldatStriker
July 31, 2003, 12:28 am
How do you train for Soldat?

I train for Capture the Flag against two bots on ctf_viet, and against six bots in Infiltration. I go through all of the weapons at least once, go through one round of using nothing but grenades, and then practice agaisnt three bots in deathmatch. All bots are modified with 100 percent accuracy and played on their highest setting. Right now I'm practicing against bots until I can get back to fighting human players.

But I was wondering...

What training methods do you use, if any, for staying sharp in Soldat?

Frosty
July 31, 2003, 12:31 am
I only play deathmatches offline.

Usually me and 4 bots set on 'impossible'.

Helps me with my aim.

that fuking sniper
July 31, 2003, 12:33 am
For plain aim and accuracy go for deathmatch online games, get people who you know are good to duel you, take good advice from other good people, and just plain practice.

I got only so good with bots, its better to play other human players after that.

Frosty
July 31, 2003, 12:39 am
I shoot the bots from different angles and work on my airborn shots.

Electro_cyc
July 31, 2003, 12:44 am
I dont train with bots, too easy. I train by playing online.

N1nj@
July 31, 2003, 12:48 am
training offline suck. usually play online.

i train with a special map that i created.

Outcast
July 31, 2003, 12:56 am
I just play these days, thats best practice and experience......... 2on1 CTF with real opponents is some bad ass practice

juice _ box
July 31, 2003, 1:01 am
i play on dna games, bots dont think like humans.

Social Poison
July 31, 2003, 1:22 am
True enough guys, but striker said offline :P.

The Social Poison training regiment (grins)

It all depends on the weapon ;). Each weapon requires different skills. My primarys are:
AUG
SPAS
and Ruger

Secondary:
Combat Knife and USSOCOM.

----------------
Aug training:
3v1 Team death match, you vs 3 bots modified to their hardest difficulty. Personally I like to turn clan match on for visual reasons.

Consentrate on hitting the enemy with the AUG's max range. It's just long enough for n00b barret users to miss you and m79 guys to fall short.

See if you can kill the bot with a single clip (easy really, but remember to keep your range long).

SPAS training:
same as AUG except remember that the SPAS is a close combat weapon of sorts. See if you can kill the bot in two quick shots.

Ruger training:
same as before except combine the SPAS and AUG training. See if you can kill the bots in 2-3 shots from the ruger's max range (or a screen lengh).

For an added challenge do it from the air.
--------------
Combat Knife:
the BEST way to train with this is on a knives only server, but oh well. I'd recommend going against zombie bots or something like that (or boogie man). The knife is a bi difficult to get used to (in terms of throwing) so start off with the unarmed/short ranged bots. Work on your timing.

If you can get a friend play "tag" with knifes. GREAT training for running down flaggers ;).

---------
USSOCOM.
This is a really good secondary for Ruger, M79, and Barret users. Just consentrate on the switch back and forth. Remember that the socom is a lot more powerful now... and is a formidable weapon unto itself. Especially in the case of the ruger, the soccom can give you the edge you need to take out your opponent.
------------------------
Additional training exercises:

1v15-20 Zombie bots (really it's just fun... but try it on a no jet pack level, like Larange :D) Also good is INF.

Sniper training: 4+ Sniper bots (barret users) on an INF map (blue team).

N1nj@
July 31, 2003, 1:53 am
target pratice is fun.

that fuking sniper
July 31, 2003, 3:42 am
An advice about all the automatics except the AK and Minimi, try to burst and re-aim then burst again, go for short bursts of about 4-6 bullets each, that would do you great on AUG and MP5, it saves you bullets and gives you more accuracy, with time you'll see that the time between bursts can be taken to very short amounts, allowing you to shoot as if it was full auto.

For AK and Minimi, I suggest tapping the button rather than keeping pressed, it does the same thing bursting does to AUG and MP5.

As for M79, which I know is your main weapon, there is nothing like a deathmatch, have a DM with 5 bots in my opinion.

Duke33
July 31, 2003, 3:51 am
Sometimes i put 30 bots all with 100% accuracy and on impossible against me on TM or CTF. Its good practice. I all of them have barrets or m79s usually, but some have other weapons.

Again, the best practice is online.

I hone my skills on just one or two weapons. My main weapon is barret, and i practice and play with that alot to get really good at it. I sometimes use the m79 and the HK though, as well as all the others at some point. Except, of course, the minigun.

koil
July 31, 2003, 3:52 pm
hmm, i'm usually play 1v3 bots (imposible) on big ctf maps (like run/b2b).
evry time in a time i'm training alone (no other players/bots) for hitting an 'imaginery' spot or to be skilled with the jet/roll thingy.
i think the best map to train on the defence is forest/run and attack is abel.

3rd_account
July 31, 2003, 4:41 pm
I stick to the guns that suits me best, Ruger 77 & LAW. Right now I'm trying 2v6 with Joint Task Force-bots (imposible, maximum skill, highest nadefrequency, 1500 SeeingQuality).
Playing like this on every ctf map untill my team wins.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 31, 2003, 5:50 pm
Well, I hardly ever train for accuracy, only ping...so thats online ;).

But, when I do practice offline, its usually a deathmatch with an amount of bots depending on the map. I like to play without bonuses, because when you get them, you don't need skill to kill. Sharp shooting with fair armouries is what I'm into.

I like to play infiltration as a CTF training mode, practicing for attacking or defending at certain times. I usually put the other team with more bots as well.

Lastly, ALWAYS on impossible, unless I feel like owning a load of stupid zombie bots - lol, practice for fighting newbies.