( search forums )
How many of you play Soldat with no sound?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Frosty
July 31, 2003, 12:49 am
It is distracting to me.

Electro_cyc
July 31, 2003, 12:54 am
How can you play with no sound? Thats like most of the game.
Sound helps you.

juice _ box
July 31, 2003, 1:03 am
i think he means music, that gets annoying fast. but i have my sounds set to 30%

Frosty
July 31, 2003, 1:15 am
No, I mean no sound at all.

Perfectly silent is how I like to play.

Landstreicher
July 31, 2003, 1:18 am
I hate it...
But I sometimes have to do it, because my parents sleep *g

Tha Doggfather
July 31, 2003, 1:18 am
i cant believe you play without sound... i mean: HOW?!

Frosty
July 31, 2003, 1:29 am
Maybe it is because I normally play the most while i'm at work and I can't have any sound there.

When I play with sound it seems like too much input for my simple brain. heh

N1nj@
July 31, 2003, 1:52 am
when i m listening to music. i turn off sound.

snappy10
July 31, 2003, 1:56 am
i have not had sound on soldat sence 1.04 i do play music though

Duke33
July 31, 2003, 3:26 am
Lol. I always have full sound, but i have head phones on. I never have music cos it just distracts me. Acutally, sometime i turn it on. But not often.

mr_bob
July 31, 2003, 3:43 am
i play it with no sound thats how i started playing it but i can play it both ways

Electro_cyc
July 31, 2003, 3:47 am
That would be too hard for me. Soemtiems i turn on the music. I didnt register so i just play it in another window lol

wormdundee
July 31, 2003, 3:47 am
but sound is so usedful, it helps you know where guys are and if they're getting closer by their gunfire, and it also tells you when they're reloading

R
July 31, 2003, 5:26 am
man, i blare the sound and the music while playing. Fast paced music pumps me up and helps me to play better. And having the sound up does help you know where people are when they shoot and other things (same as wormdundee said). i especially like the song "let the bodies hit the floor" it really gets me pumped :D

kevith
July 31, 2003, 5:28 am
Agree with Wormdundee... I use no music but full sound. It helps out a lot. You can hear jets and footsteps too and that is really helpful when you're using the barret's scope and aren't looking in your immediate area.

Hercule Poirot
July 31, 2003, 7:46 am
music 0%
effects sfx or what that was 20%
winamp aaaaarrrghhhhh my ears hurts

3rd_account
July 31, 2003, 11:49 am
I played the whole 1.1.4 without sound, but then I just downloaded some new .it and .xm files that's in the rotation

Dark_Noddy
July 31, 2003, 1:54 pm
Music level: 0%
Sound FX : 100%

Music match : 100%

Some times I play without Music --> Barret accury gets a little better but I sux at all other :D
And somtimes The game [:-censored]es up and the music goes away !!! Damn It drives me CRAZY !!

CbbLe
July 31, 2003, 2:52 pm
mmm, and why the hell would you wanna know if others uses sound or not when they play.....I hate these topics.."do u use sound when you play?", "what's the color of you soldat outfit?" , "do you use mouse when playing soldat?" etc etc...........who the hell caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares?

*a bit frustrated today*

TheKnightoftheMare
July 31, 2003, 3:29 pm
soldat sound's are on 0 and I just let winamp play.

juice _ box
July 31, 2003, 3:51 pm
hey cbble here's a little tip
DONT [:-censored]ING POST
jesus tap dancing christ, if you dont like it ignore it.

n/a
July 31, 2003, 5:37 pm
go cbble :P btw what sort of hair do you have on your soldat guy? haahaha!

Sarbar
July 31, 2003, 9:24 pm
I play with no music(I am regestering so that wont be for long) but with the SFX loud enough to hear. When you snipe it is goood to be able to here the people near you.

Frosty
July 31, 2003, 9:31 pm
I should get used to playing with the sound on. I understand the benefits of hearing reloading guns and knowing how far the enemy is away from you.

Maybe one day..

toadsMoke
July 31, 2003, 9:34 pm
I do sometimes. It depends. I got a full house here, so I gotta keep it low at nights, but during the day I have it quite loud. =P

Frosty
July 31, 2003, 9:39 pm
toadsMoke

Can I ask about your signature?

3rd_account
July 31, 2003, 11:48 pm
Buzz off juice_box, don't pick on my homies.

"Total Posts: 373
[33.91 posts per day] "

It's great that you've found a life in these forums.. why don't you go outside and burn some oil or something man.

eyic
August 1, 2003, 4:37 am
i always use sounds unless my speakers start acting up (like usual) I fnd sound very useful though somtimes i cant play properly without sounds..

toadsMoke
August 1, 2003, 5:42 am
Frosty: what about my signature?

PM me.

mr_bob
August 1, 2003, 5:55 am
i think hes talking about your key ranking thing i have that too but i have tkc and i dont think they do that but anywho

snappy10
August 1, 2003, 10:40 am
hey worm u can tell where someone is and if there realoading with ur eyes to :)

?
August 1, 2003, 4:41 pm
i play with music and sound so i can hear whats goin on and sing while i kill people

BManx2000
August 2, 2003, 4:47 am
The solution to all your I-can't-us-sound-when-there's-other-people woes: Headphones!

Nightmare
August 2, 2003, 3:10 pm
i play with sound and music so i can hear both. i think the music helps me. but sound helps u, u can hear a sniper in prone when they move a lil. =D

Scious
November 11, 2003, 6:25 am
Yeah My Sound [:-censored]'s up too Noddy, and i hate it. it usually does it when there is lagg and reall reall piss's me off...

Disciple| Scious.......If your sound does this too add me to msn or email me at max_ecko@hotmail.com

frogboy
November 11, 2003, 6:41 am
I'll reply to this 2-5 month old thread as well- A lot of the time, yes, but at night or when there's something on TV, no.

3rd_account
November 11, 2003, 7:27 am
Mostly I play without sound, but if I need some feeling in the game I put on banjo and redneck music.

zedner
November 11, 2003, 7:48 am
I play almost always with sounds and put some music everytime it's possible, sometimes also play wit friends while chatting via msn.. sucks, my mic broke last week so I can't anymore until buy new 1

palloco
November 11, 2003, 8:10 am
I usually play without sounds. I am to lazy to put the headphones on my head

Aquarius
November 11, 2003, 8:35 am
I always play with sound and headphones [8D], sometimes with music.

Element_101
November 11, 2003, 9:38 am
How can you play without sound its sooo useful but music tends to distract you

Sharpshooter
November 11, 2003, 1:51 pm
I play without sound. Its so annoying after a while. I also play with music from time to time but I don't use the soldat mp3 player because you have to turn back on the game sound in order to hear it.

CardBoardWarrior
November 11, 2003, 8:09 pm
Recently I have stopped playing with sound, then I can make up my own sfx. LOL. But it can be helpful to hear incoming enemies.

cooz
November 11, 2003, 8:56 pm
and i... play with sound, but lately i'm thinking about turning it off - reasons? soldat is working on my pc rather slow and when there is a man with mini at the game it looks like rare [:-censored] - maybe turinng off sound will speed up a little...

CardBoardWarrior
November 11, 2003, 9:59 pm
lol not turning off speakers, but changing the sound quality in the setup...i hpe thats what you meant

Camping_Carl
November 12, 2003, 6:06 pm
I turn sound effects down and music up but it helps to hear where bullets come from

palloco
November 12, 2003, 7:38 pm
It will speed up just if you have an integrated sound card.

Mr G
November 12, 2003, 8:06 pm
i cant even think in playing without sound and/or with music :S

swanofnever
November 12, 2003, 9:57 pm
hi,
i have no idea how anyone can play without sfx, BUT: i'm sure that this is related to everyone's dislike of realistic mode, where the sounds (walking/etc.) become very important.

seriously though, how can you tell where people are/whenpeople are aiming barett/etc. without sound? how can you tell if your offscreen shots are hitting someone or not?!

raigan

sqweek
November 14, 2003, 3:42 pm
ja, sound is uber-useful. The barret's scoping sound is one of the most distinctive in the game, makes it much easier to find campers if you're paying attention.

palloco
November 14, 2003, 4:46 pm
I do not care about campers or where is people. I just kill and die.

Spitzfiya
November 14, 2003, 5:00 pm
Music makes you want to kill things.
I use really good headphones (its nice to hear everything, you have more focus if you have sound)....I dont play music tho because Soldat will chop.

cooz
November 14, 2003, 6:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by CardBoardWarrior
lol not turning off speakers, but changing the sound quality in the setup...i hpe thats what you meant

if this question was for me here is my answer:
of course i don't want to change soung quality in Soldat's Setup, i want to select No Sound in it ;p

and i don't know how u could understand me that i want to turn off sound and it would help game to run faster...

Knuckles
November 16, 2003, 7:38 pm
Well, from now on I play with no sound...

AerialAssault
November 16, 2003, 8:19 pm
frosty, you made this same topic a few months ago, you are just star hunting

__SnoOpy__
November 17, 2003, 12:28 am
=D

I never play Soldat with sound..!

I mostly dun even play games with sound!!!

I am such a nerd >.<