( search forums )
Is there a hs in Soldat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
noQ
July 31, 2003, 7:44 pm
so..Is there a one shot kill headshot in Soldat??[:-drool]

R
July 31, 2003, 7:48 pm
arrr!!! have you played the game yet? there is one hit guns that kill you in one hit nomatter where you hit them! but no headshots...

N1nj@
July 31, 2003, 7:58 pm
yes there are headshots. dont you see poeple head flying around?

R
July 31, 2003, 8:01 pm
well..not one hit kill headshots like hes talking about. i mean you can hit a guy in the head and his head will pop off but if you hit him in head with an automatic or machine gun he wont die with 1 shot.

3rd_account
July 31, 2003, 8:04 pm
M79 in the kisser is death.

liquidis x snake
July 31, 2003, 8:24 pm
What does it matter?! Not like people aim the AK-47 at teh head or anything. The automatics in this game are made for spraying -___-'

noQ
July 31, 2003, 8:51 pm
ok.

sauron_the_deceiver
July 31, 2003, 9:34 pm
Yeah, or you can call it 'spam firing' if you are a really strange player in a server I was in :S.

?
August 1, 2003, 12:17 am
usually if your shot in the head with a gun you die anyway =/

Dark_Noddy
August 1, 2003, 12:34 am
Headshots work if the server is Realistic..

*Edit*

Umm Not Sure if its like instant kill with EVERY gun But U loose LUUTS more Dmg from a Headshot than a toe shot in realistic

Duke33
August 1, 2003, 12:47 am
Whether you shoot them in the ass, head or little toe, it doesnt make a difference. Its just prettier if you hit them in the head :D. As for realisitc, i think that headshots make a difference. Not too sure though. Yeah....

Middlemoor
August 1, 2003, 3:18 am
According to my knowledge, it takes two shots to the head with an AK in order to kill.

Ardaen
August 1, 2003, 4:21 am
If headshots ect. dont matter, then why does the ruger sometimes kill in 2 shots and other times it requires a third?

3rd_account
August 1, 2003, 4:59 am
Ardaen, if you were a experianced Ruger-dude like myself you would know that a Ruger ALWAYS takes two shots to kill, unless the person is wearing a vest or it's lag.

-Edit-
I just remembered that I downloaded some sweet sfx for headchop. It sounds like the magic from a guillotine. :)

xXShavoXx
August 1, 2003, 5:13 am
That's absolutely not true 3rd Account aka. Mr. Experience(lol, please). The distance and velocity the bullet travels makes a big difference. Sometimes, from a pretty far distance it'll take a 3rd shot since the bullet slows down slightly and loses it's impact. But you already knew that, didnt you...

3rd_account
August 1, 2003, 5:29 am
Yes ofcource! But that must be like shooting them straight up in air and hope they land on a enemy.

A Rugershot in close range can take maximum 88.44% damage, and the bullet must be slown down enormously to take 49.99% or less. So I believe that the bullet must atleast have traveled two screens when shot from a straight 0ยบ angle, for the Ruger to take three shots untill kill... just ask Michal.

xXShavoXx
August 1, 2003, 5:39 am
rofl, nice percentages, you're quite funny...

Anyways, I have encountered plenty of times when the ruger would take 3 shots to kill. But what do I know, I'm an American, correct? Perhaps I simply saw things... differently. ;)

koil
August 1, 2003, 8:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Ardaen
If headshots ect. dont matter, then why does the ruger sometimes kill in 2 shots and other times it requires a third?

belive it or not, 3rd account, thats true.
if you hit the player in the head with ruger, its 2 shots=dead (the 1st one doing something like 60% damage if i'm not mistaken). b4 you acting like '31337', try to test what youre saying in a game.

NightCabbage
August 1, 2003, 9:41 am
lol some people are funny :P

oh, and if the ak could kill in 2 shots (even heads)... a lot more people would use it ;)

3rd_account
August 1, 2003, 11:47 am
What the hell? I've always killed enemies offline with two shots. I have also tested it on bots standing stil hundreds of times.

-Edit-
Hmm... I withdraw my earlier comments :/

Middlemoor
August 1, 2003, 12:42 pm
I don't know if things have been changed. All I know is, at some point, firing at the head did matter. It was tested and the results were posted on this forum.

CbbLe
August 1, 2003, 1:07 pm
in a previous Soldat version (1.1.3 or 1.1.4) you started to take different dmg depending on where you hit

sqweek
August 1, 2003, 3:38 pm
*nods*
I'm certain that in 1.0.5b headshots did more damage, legshots did less. (At that time an ak would kill in 8 body shots or 6 head shots. So 2 shots with beserker :) [this was at fairly close range])
I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed, except that the difference was magnified for 1.1.5's realistic mode IIRC.

Aquillion
August 1, 2003, 4:39 pm
I think the minigun should kill in one hit if it hits your head. [;)]

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 2, 2003, 12:05 am
Aquillon that's not good one hit from the minigun on the head instakill argh that thing sprays, then ppl would fall like flies now wouldn't they.

N1nj@
August 2, 2003, 2:31 am
thats no fun if. everyone would just spray and pray

Duke33
August 2, 2003, 3:02 am
My, we have religous fighters now? Gun in one hand, bible in the other?

Anyway, i think that the sytem is fine as it is. It still is fun to shoot peoples heads off. This guy was crouched behind a crate and i couldnt shoot his body. So i shot and i ripped his head off, from a distance. His body slumped and his head went flying. Very satisfying.

BManx2000
August 2, 2003, 3:54 am
Actually, a head shot or body shot from the ruger does do one-hit-kill, but only in realistic.