( search forums )
player count on linux dedicated server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
neter
August 2, 2003, 7:39 pm
- It's said that the new version's admin panel will be better, today I got 1.1.5 linux server and installed, then I saw there no change on it ? or the manual of the game is wrong about server commands ?

- Is there any possible way to get a user count on my server from the admin panel ? like,

/count or soldatadmin --count ??

'cause I want my players to see the whole picture without getting inside the game ...

Thanx from now ..

jaddy
August 4, 2003, 7:14 am
You could make a shell script that parses the lobby server page for your server and gets the number of players.
Also, I read this somewhere, related to the linux server: "This interface is still the same from 1.1.4, but fixed for 1.1.5. The full-featured interface is still being developed."

neter
August 4, 2003, 4:36 pm
quote:
Originally posted by jaddy
You could make a shell script that parses the lobby server page for your server and gets the number of players.
Also, I read this somewhere, related to the linux server: "This interface is still the same from 1.1.4, but fixed for 1.1.5. The full-featured interface is still being developed."

I couldn't register to the lobby server, my soldat.ini file's NETWORK tab is as the following :

[NETWORK]
Port=23000
JoinPort=23000
Max_Players=15
Default_Remote_Host=127.0.0.1
Game_Password=
Connection=Internet
Lobby_Register=1
ASE_Register=0
Lobby_IP=62.111.129.3
Server_Name=Ethernass Soldat [DM]
Dedicated=1
Clanmatch=0
Internet_Connection=2
Greeting_Message=Ethernass Deathmatch Soldat Server
Server_Info=Ethernass Info
ShowRealLag=1
Min_Ping=0
Max_Ping=1000
Filter_Players=0
Filter_Gametype=0
Filter_Dedicated=0
Filter_NoPassword=0
Filter_NoBots=0
Filter_Survival=0
Filter_Realistic=0
Filter_NoBonuses=0
Balance_Teams=1
Dont_Forward=0

isn't it enough to register to the lobby servers ? when I start my server it says :

-= Soldat Linux Dedicated Server 1.1.5 - BETA =-

----------------------------------------------------------------
Caution! This software is still in BETA phase. Use at own risk.
Soldat Linux Dedicated Server initializing...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hit CTRL+C twice to exit
Please command the server using the Soldat Admin program
Welcome to Soldat 1.1.5
Soldat Arena Two - version 2.0
Registering server @ 62.111.129.3

then waits for a couple of minutes and says :

Registering server @ 62.111.129.3
Trying to re-register

is this my fault on soldat.ini ? or linux dedicated server doesn't register to the lobby servers ?

toadsMoke
August 6, 2003, 6:36 am
are you in a home/business network? behind a router/gateway/hub/host computer of any type?

If so, describe its setup.

neter
August 7, 2003, 12:21 am
quote:Originally posted by toadsMoke
are you in a home/business network? behind a router/gateway/hub/host computer of any type?

If so, describe its setup.

this is a business network, we're in a rack, and behind a cisco router.. but I have an external IP.

and the wierd thing is anyone can connect to soldat server, but server can't connect to lobby :)

toadsMoke
August 7, 2003, 12:54 am
good to see you playing Soldat on the job, keep up the good work =] [that really kicks-ass]

Do you know that ASE uses ports 27243-27245? Try forwarding those ports to your server.