( search forums )
Low Respawn times
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ardaen
August 3, 2003, 5:34 pm
Why must server admins constantly set low respawn times? Especially in CTF! WHY?

I've played several 4-5 player ctf games on DNAGames recently. It becomes quite lame. One example, I'm on the smaller team in a 5 person game. One of them is defending. I kill the 2 attackers, kill them again, kill them both 4 times in a row, then kill the defender, grab the flag, they have all already spawned and are on top of me. LAME.

What is the point of these respawn times? To encourage people NOT to kill in this game? That seems to be the only way to get ahead. Dont kill your enemy and hope that not too many of them are at thier base. Then kill them on your way back. But wait! They shoot at you both ways.

Isnt there supposta be a penalty for getting shot? Not a reward of full life and with most weapons, full ammo.[:(]

And yay for wave respawns set low. They aren't at all the source of this problem, nope. Well I guess I just gotta start nade spamming the enemy spawn to death. Get some extra kills and not give them a chance. [xx(]

koil
August 3, 2003, 5:48 pm
not that i agree with you, but what respawn time do you want that will be used in dnagames?

DNA.styx
August 3, 2003, 5:57 pm
DNAGames is set to 2 sec personal and 5 sec team

Tha Doggfather
August 3, 2003, 6:04 pm
i think 5 seconds is good, any more would be boring, all the waiting

DNA.styx
August 3, 2003, 6:05 pm
5 for both or 5 for the team as it is?

Chaosmongler
August 3, 2003, 8:26 pm
I'd actually recommend 10 team, five personal. This would give great incentive for people to actually kill the defenders, and it would make defenders more valuable. It actually depends on the type of game you're looking for...increasing the spawn time would change the game dramatically.

muzzmastah
August 3, 2003, 8:42 pm
hmmmmmmmmm... thinking...

how about a 7.5 second respawn time? That way its not too long, but not too short!

Tha Doggfather
August 3, 2003, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
5 for both or 5 for the team as it is?

its good the way it is IMHO, 5 team, 2 individual