( search forums )
Compile Map problem???
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Hercule Poirot
August 7, 2003, 10:51 am
i have had this problem in map maker version 1.1 and 1.2 i usually make ctf maps falf of it and click all polygons then copy it and paste and mirror it so both sides look like same but when i try to compile map my computer jammed or i get blue screen reading something fatal error or something like that in 0028:xxxxxxxx (x= letters and numbers) after that i have to reboot computer somethimes it goes off when i press any key but then my mouse dont work right and map maker is shutdown i did the compile in ver 1.1 like drag screen outside map so i get better fps and take grid and wireframe off after that it compile map right but this was in 1.1 it worked then but in 1.2 this map i made it compiles it about 10-20% and then jammed computer :( (when it's half off that map it can compile but whole map nope)

computer is
amd atholon xp 1400mhz
geforce 2 mx
memory 192
and windown 98se

doffencom
September 8, 2003, 4:15 pm
Sounds like a nasty problem. Meaby get more RAM or something? I'm no computer genius..

Toumaz
September 19, 2003, 3:21 pm
More RAM????? What da fck, I've only got 64 mb ram and a 233 mhz processor and everything works out fine for me.
Maybe there is a program conflict between Map Maker and any other program? I've had errors when using Map Maker and Winamp for example.
(And even a conflict between user32.dll and the Map Maker!)
But my Map Maker have never caused a bluescreen or a computer jam.
Try closing down all other programs that is not needed by Windows.

Hercule Poirot
September 19, 2003, 4:36 pm
Bringing back old topics eh??

i still got this problem even when i reboot pc and go windows shut almost all programs open map maker and start compiling map still it jams so i have to send map to someone else for compile dont know what's wrong maybe it on map (too many polygons/scenery/bot waypoints and so on)

computer is
1400mhz amd
192mb ram
and so on...

Gaso
September 21, 2003, 9:54 pm
Just a normal windows bug nothing more nothing less, something what u could try is to install direct x again... and some graphics card drivers could help too.

there is not much but u can try.