( search forums )
I just went paintballing for the first time...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Social Poison
August 11, 2003, 2:25 am
... and it was the most fun I've had in a very long while.

A friend of mine invited me up to a 24 hour game they had going, but I couldn't make the first day (damn school). So when they came back in the evening, I got a call, and got picked up the next morning for my first games.

A thing to note... I didn't just go up there for a few hours. We left my house at 6:45 AM and didn't leave there until 4:30 PM. I realistically played 7 hours of paintball. As I write this my body is screaming at me for being an idiot. You just can't run on pure adrenelin for that long.

Hole in the Wall is outside of Seattle and is an outdoor arena. I played everything from 2v2 speedball (a tournament of which me and my bud won) to 15 person matches.

Seriosly... this is a blast.

And getting hit with a paintball really doesn't hurt THAT much (unless you get it on the tip of your finger like I did, lol). I suggest it strongly to anyone whos interested! Go rent a gun and have a good time!!!!

I'm going to go lick my wounds.

det. john kimble
August 12, 2003, 4:56 pm
My freinds and i made our own paintball court in a river bank so we wouldnt have to pay for the other places u go. An shoot across rver bank to kill other person and we dug trenches for cover .
It was fun but then this old lady made us stop because she said we where on her property so its gone now =(

I have a spyder compact. Its not as good as my freinds but it never broke down like there expensive guns

Flanagan
August 21, 2003, 5:21 am
*sniff* *sniff* I believe I smell several large, steaming piles of bulls*** in this thread.

Hey SP, long time no see :)

Seriously dude, just ask your friend, He'll tell you a good gun, and maybe he even has some decent goggles he can give you.

xXxRaithexXx
August 21, 2003, 5:44 am
Heh Yeah paintballing can be fun But sux to get shot in the head. I Usually just go out to abbandon fields and play like gullys and stuff if your lucky you will find broken down cars to take cover on.

muzzmastah
September 1, 2003, 8:05 pm
I was wrong before. It's a tippman 98 custom.
its like 120 or 150 bucks.
i think its like made to upgrade so you can put all kinds of goodies on it with that extra money.

NightCabbage
September 2, 2003, 12:49 am
Hey I've never done paintball or airsoft (BB)...

But which is actually better?

Or is it just personal opinion?

I think most people think paintball is better, but why?

Airsoft has a far greater range of guns, from pistols, ak47, styer, p90, everything!

Whereas paintball has 'a paintball gun' lol :)

Paintball guns are much larger than a BB gun, their ammo is more expensive, etc.

I dunno, I reckon paintball would rock =) But would Airsoft be as good?

Scrambled_Eggs
September 2, 2003, 1:17 am
Paintball=fun...=)

I own a spyder xtra. It's funny that when I run outta C02, and I press the trigger, my bolt goes back and forth, and it kinda looks like my xtra is shooting full auto. If there wer paintballs in the chamber, my gun woulda been a full automatic. =) Funny c02.

I think that it would be easier to cheat in airsoft because in paintball, there is a splatter. But if it hurts like crap when a BB hits you ....I guess I wouldn't want to cheat...if it'll stop the pain....but that is a coward speaking. =)

Anyone paintball SC Village before? Awesome speedball there...=)

muzzmastah
September 3, 2003, 1:06 am
I think I might want to get a 98 custom for my birthday... seems good and I can get accessories for it.

jerka
September 6, 2003, 8:02 pm
I went paintballing this summer for the first time, and the instructor forgot a kinda important rule: Safetydistance! Let me tell you that it hurts like HELL (!!!!!!!) to get shot on the toe from 1 meter distance. We played two teams ctf and i was the only one left in my team alive. five other guys start to hunt me, and i take cover behind the tirestack in my home base, and the guys executed me from a meters distance. Ouch! could'nt walk properly for a day. But it was so frikkin fun

NightCabbage
September 7, 2003, 6:03 am
lol - toe shot :P hehe

muzzy can u show me a pic of that ur getting (98 custom)

I still wanna go paintballing :/ lol

jerka
September 9, 2003, 3:47 pm
and you feel kanda ridiculos after a hit on the toe :)

DeafBox
September 15, 2003, 3:30 am
ha ha Cabbage. U should move to Vic. We have heaps of places out in the country, but who has that much $ to waste for a days action. Laser force is cheaper... but obviously no where near as sweet.

NightCabbage
September 15, 2003, 5:37 am
Yeah I wanna get some Arsoft (BB) stuff :)

Cheaper and easy to run a tourney of my own - BUT IT'S ILLEGAL IN AUS COZ 'it looks too real'

BAH lol

CardBoardWarrior
September 17, 2003, 2:50 am
Well this post was way too long to read all of it, but i just wanna say ive been a few times. last time i went i got shot in the hand twice right above the webbing part where your thumb and pointer meet. it hurt like hell and it was cold and dead for a day or so.it was kinda nasty to touch cus it was all gooey sorta and i couldnt feel it. very weird.

DeafBox
September 25, 2003, 8:12 am
*HAND SHOT!!!!* (Quake 3 voice)

muzzmastah
September 26, 2003, 1:21 am
hehehe deaf

i dont know, a spyder Imagine seems pretty nice. its electronic, gets up to 13 balls/sec on semi-auto...

Happy Camper
September 26, 2003, 2:13 am
tippman 98 custom is what i have, i love it, idk if i whanna make it a snipa rifel or a like rushing gun tho, prolly snipa

NightCabbage
September 26, 2003, 11:55 am
ONE DAY!!!!!

one day I will get to paintball and Airsoft (BB) :(

muzzmastah
September 26, 2003, 9:57 pm
well, NC, my friend, if you go to any paintball retail web site, you'll find some good stuff. I dont know if theyll ship them to you, but they might. Get a bunch of friends to buy guns too, and improvise a match! FUN!

NightCabbage
September 27, 2003, 5:05 am
Yes now all I need to do is get hundreds of dollars to spend on a gun and then convince all my friends to do the same :)

lol

muzzmastah
September 27, 2003, 2:20 pm
yeah, I guess your right... :P

DeafBox
September 27, 2003, 3:28 pm
Exaclty, waste of cashola

NightCabbage
September 28, 2003, 10:00 am
Quite problematic indeed :/

I guess time will fix all of the problems tho ^^

muzzmastah