( search forums )
Name Stealing?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kleinheero
August 11, 2003, 8:54 am
I think Soldat should have some way of making people choose names when they first start playing. Just yesterday, I was playing ctf 2v2 with the name "Kleinheero". Some of you might know me! [8D] Anyways, after 1-2 games on the server, someone came in with the name "kleinheero". I was like, "woah! If their playing sucks, they will probably make me look bad!"
I think all of you can have something in common with me on this topic. I mean, how many times have you been on the Dual 1 ctf server with 5 people named "Soldier"?!
"Ns Solder!"
"Thanks"
"Thanks"
"Thanks"
"Thanks"
"Thanks"
Maybe I jsut don't know it, and there really is a way to have permanent names. If you guys know of any ways, do tell!

Tweak896
August 11, 2003, 9:31 am
Ummm..... just deal with it. Did anyone really say ns soldier, i think your makingthat up. But i think michal already is going to make it so you can register names.

b00stA
August 11, 2003, 9:56 am
Tweak896, did Michal fly to you while you were sleeping and then whispered into your ear "Tweak.. I'm going to implement a nick registration service for Soldat. Now you can tell it on the forums."
Sorry, j/k.

But if Michal didn't say that, it's not official.

Tha Doggfather
August 11, 2003, 12:48 pm
this has been said before, but i think its a good idea.

Michal said this might be one of the new things in 1.1.6

Dark_Noddy
August 11, 2003, 12:50 pm
LoL @ b00stA !

It was just sumtn that has been disscussed in the forum !

quote:Originally posted by Tweak896
Did anyone really say ns soldier, i think your makingthat up.

I think he ment it as an Example.. Like 2 show how annoying it is.. Like IF Som1 said that U woould have ALL the Soldiers Thanking.. Coz they alll have the same name !

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 3:38 pm
if it was implemented it would suck. for all of you that have played with me i change my flavor every day.
today i think im gonna go grape...
anyway. if some one uses your name OH WELL. its just for a few matchs, deal with it.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 3:45 pm
well, this isnt a problem just for soldat, its for many games... you just gotta hate it when someone steals youre name and starts teamkilling
and the ppl on the server are talking about kicking you off, and youre like, but im the real one! and then theuyre like, were gonna kick you both and then... sorry, gotta little carried away...

Vash
August 11, 2003, 4:39 pm
Hmm...registering names would require the use of a server, and if that server is anything like the lobby server, we're screwed [:D]

Aquillion
August 11, 2003, 4:39 pm
I don't like this idea. I don't want Soldat to get organized with registrations and identities and such; I just want to be able to choose a name, any name, and start playing. I definately don't want to have to deal with all the name-stealing and competitive name registration that would happen when this was first implemented. People who are obsessed with their reputation or whatever should go play a MMORPG or something similar.

However, perhaps there should be a minor server-side option to prevent someone from logging in with a name identical to someone currently on the server (or to automatically add a '2', '3', etc to the end of the new person's name). That wouldn't interfere much with players, wouldn't require something stupid like passwords or name registration, and would still stop someone from logging in as someone who was already there just to confuse people. If someone's already playing as you on one server, go somewhere else or change your name slightly; if you're worried about your reputation, forget it. Nobody who would be fooled by a double is going to care about your reputation anyway.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:44 pm
good job aquillon!

kleinheero
August 11, 2003, 9:31 pm
I guess you can cal it reputation...
But, I got some clan friends and it'd be scary if there was this tournament and some imposter came in with my name and wrecked my team's chance of winning...that would suck! :D

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 9:42 pm
thats why we use passwords.

Cr4cK
August 12, 2003, 9:01 am
Ey! can michal fly? is he a sayian?...!
I can do kamehameha! ask jucice box!

kleinheero
August 12, 2003, 9:38 am
ka....meh...a....meh....a.....-_-!
I can do it too!

fabmanx
August 12, 2003, 9:38 am
cr4ck most of ur posts make no sense :P :)

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 9:40 am
cracks posts are spam, every single one of them.