( search forums )
I smell cheating!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
kleinheero
August 11, 2003, 9:51 pm
How do you define cheating in the game? I smell mods all the time. Is skill + strategy defined with cheating? Like, who hasn't seen someone take advantage of jumping on certain hills on the ground and potentially get "big air" without using their packs? Is abusing something really called cheating or tactics?[:D]

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 9:55 pm
tactics my friend, tactics. the anti-cheat software is pretty good. neone who says that you cheat and you are not using an outside program of any kind to give you an edge, its skill/tactics. neone who says otherwise is a n00b.

kleinheero
August 11, 2003, 10:13 pm
Hey jedi...why do we need to hand you the lightsaber when you can telekentic grab it yourself?-_-
anyway, I was playing ctf 2v2 and the server message came on saying someone was cheating and that they will be kicked now...
Well guess who got kicked! :(
I wondered why, so I checked my desktop to see if anything else was running. Oh, AOL Instant Messenger...-_-
I went back, and talked to the server. Server said they detected AIM running and kicked me again! I closed AIM and no more kicking.
AIM didn't give me a potential edge in the game did it? Does it lag my computer so even if i get hit I won't die or something? I'm on a broadband connection, so I usually don't have a high ping. ;(

N1nj@
August 11, 2003, 10:20 pm
lol, the admin was just kidding probably.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 10:59 pm
quote:kleinheero said: Hey jedi...why do we need to hand you the lightsaber when you can telekentic grab it yourself?-_-

cause if you don't i will use the force to get it and chop your [:-censored]s off, fool.

Captain_Jimbo
August 12, 2003, 1:06 am

You'll never catch me cheating in any game; definitely not my style. When someone accuses me of it, I take it as a compliment.

fabmanx
August 12, 2003, 1:34 am
Bah i dont need to cheat, i own anyways

?
August 12, 2003, 2:55 am
cheating is for ppl that have a small... well you know, and well jsuting off certain walls is not cheating it jsut means you know
about the game and the levels in it

LinK
August 12, 2003, 8:03 am
i was always told that cheating is "modifying the game using an outside source in order to gain a distinct advantage over your opponents" hah... anyways... i say distict because some people (without that part) would say using the soldat skin color changer is cheating... since you can make your head invisible... but the advantage is really unnoticable... ok then... thats it

NightCabbage
August 12, 2003, 11:43 am
And just for the record - if a server says

"Hey! I'm going to kick the person who is cheating!"

Then they're talking out the side of their... erm yes... lol

The server will have no way of knowing someone is cheating, and if Soldat detects a cheat (or what it thinks is one) then it will slap joo! You'll get banned from the server minimum, and probably banned from the lobby, and thus your IP will be sent around to all servers and shoved into their banned list - and that's no fun.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 12:32 pm
soldats anti-cheat protection is pretty good i think

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 1:31 pm
im tired of people crying about others acusing people of cheating. if you dont wanna get booted dont join fuggin 6 player servers hosted by a 12 year old from canada. join a legit one like dna games or shadow plains.

Dark_Noddy
August 12, 2003, 2:17 pm
LOL ! REmember BAck in Early 113 I got Banned from at least 3 servers Coz I cheated ! "How Can U shot So Fast wit Ur barret ?! I ban U !" Befor I could Replay "I Use 2 barrets U dip[:-censored]" I was banned ! hehe.. I Dont Think taking Advantage of bugs is Cheateing ! And I Think Soldats Anti-Cheat is very good !

?
August 12, 2003, 2:34 pm
yeah i use 2 m79s whenever i find one on the ground and i am just waiting for sum newb to whine about it =/

enjoyincubus
August 12, 2003, 10:38 pm
No kidding, there are cheaters in Soldat. I talk to certain people (not to be named) who have reported breaking the anti hack. I don't ask for anything, but I just like to know what's going on in the hacking/cracking world of Soldat. It's pretty pathetic, but yes, it has happened, sadly.

I'll just say that I don't accuse many people of cheating, but when I do, I usually have a reason-as in when the [:-censored]ing person is cheating! [:D] I remember one occasion the other day on a server that included another moderator from these forums...we both agreed on who we thought was cheating, and we asked him...his response: "yeah, I am. whatcha gonna do about it?" The fact is, there's nothing we could do but leave. It makes me mad to see these problems arise again, but just know who you're playing. Then you'll always know that the field is level. That's all I can say.

Enjoy

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 10:44 pm
i know of a player that can warp. his name is like, chang*star or somthin.

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 10:45 pm
no much hackers/crackers are into soldat. they think is a lame game and no purpose to hack it.

mostly, hacks for soldat are someone that request hackers to made them.

kkkman
August 12, 2003, 10:52 pm
I hate noobs that accuse me of cheating. I was playing an inf map and there was lag out the ying-yang. Seriously the lag was jumping from 50-800 ping. Some guy had been saying I cheat because I don't die when im suppoisdly shot. Well I saw him pop out of the roof I unloaded 2 clips of my ruger on him and he didn't die he said wait I wanna test something. He shot me three times with the barret and I didn't die. So the lil [:-censored] said I DO CHEAT and decided to taint my name by calling me a cheat. Btw he ended up dying without me touching him right after the third shot.

kleinheero
August 13, 2003, 1:05 am
so the reason the lobby doesn't work for me anymore is because im' banned from the lobby cause some nice dork decided i was cheaint and banned me? -_-

R
August 13, 2003, 1:20 am
no...the lobby server is down....

N1nj@
August 13, 2003, 3:29 am
lol. use ASE.

Dark_Noddy
August 13, 2003, 12:24 pm
ROFL !

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html

M
August 13, 2003, 12:29 pm
Cheating sucks like [:-censored].

?
August 13, 2003, 5:56 pm
well said M

kleinheero
August 13, 2003, 7:59 pm
Hey guys, is abusing the lag to your own demise considered cheating?

Dark_Noddy
August 13, 2003, 8:21 pm
Nah.. Just Lame I guess :D