( search forums )
Spas-12 Reload Idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
toadsMoke
August 12, 2003, 3:55 am
I don't know how many other people play with the shotgun, but that is all I use. I wish that when you press the reload button, the shotgun would only reload one shell, since stopping the gun from reloading is a little unreliable. Either make the controls more consistant in stopping the shotgun from reloading, or make each reload button press reload one shell... I'm finding it quite irritating while in the middle of a fight i only want two more shells, but then it continues to reload 3 or 4...

moysturfurmer
August 12, 2003, 4:00 am
or R starts reload, and R stops it.
I use the spas and sometimes you have to double click to stop reloading. The other ways would be much more reliable though.

Social Poison
August 12, 2003, 4:32 am
I MUCH prefer moysturfurmer's idea (and yes I'm a SPAS guy).

3rd_account
August 12, 2003, 11:26 am
It's fine as it is, you just don't know the technique toadsmoke. You must hold in the fire-button for it to stop reloading and fire.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 3:02 pm
not even worth while putting in, i used to have the same problem but ya account is right.

Aquillion
August 12, 2003, 5:32 pm
I think it is worth putting in -- the controls to the game should be as easy to use as possible. That means that trying to fire while loading the spas should result in you firing after you finish loading the current shell (a split-second delay, sometimes).

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 5:49 pm
okay...here what the shotgun suppose to be. i played in a lot fps games where the shotguns are: when you reload, it will continues to reload to full ammo. if you press fire while it is reloading, it will stop right away and fire it.

get my idea?

Dark_Noddy
August 12, 2003, 8:40 pm
U can Stop it As it is now ! Just tap nade Btn :D

?
August 12, 2003, 9:50 pm
spas reload is fine i have used it for months and its fine if u run outa amo in the middle of a fight i can use nades and secondary wep anyway

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 10:42 pm
Darl noddy: so thats a bug taht need to fix :P

Dark_Noddy
August 13, 2003, 12:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
Darl noddy: so thats a bug taht need to fix :P

I dont think Its a bug... Or well the tap thin might be.. But:

Think bout it. Ure reloading a Shotgun, Shell by shell..
U pick a shell up from were ever u have then, Stick it in there, Pick up a new 1.. And so on.. WHAT happens If U throw a naede ?! As far as I can see holding The Shotgun with 1 hand, Throwing the nade with the second 1.. U gone keep reloading with the Third ?!

Aquillion
August 13, 2003, 5:45 pm
No, Noddy, I think N1nj@'s point is that you shouldn't have to do that -- it should stop reloading and start firing more easily, without the need to hold down the fire key or tap unrelated buttons. It should be easy and work the obvious way, not some sort of secret feature.