( search forums )
Single Player Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
downset13
August 12, 2003, 5:15 am
Okay, I searched this, so if its a repeat, I didn't know. I don't think Soldat needs anymore weapons or gameplay features added. I think that there could be some more, but I can't think of any. So I came up with this idea. How bout instead of adding on small things, in the next version you add a single player mission mode. I knwo your thinkin well that would suck cause the whole game is about multiplayer. Well, what if u make a really long map, and give a mission, and change the AI a bit, and it could work. Maybe have a mission where all u have is a secondary weapon and C4, u have to get to one end of the map, blow up an objective, then get back. This mode would also be good for allowing vehicles, since there wouldn't be bullets and morter shells flying. I dunno, It would be really cool, so don't down play this about how it would be taking the whole effect from Soldat, cause it wouldn't, u would have the exact same game, except u could pick that way to play. Think about it, he puts a choice of two buttons at a secondary main menu, "campaign" or "multiplayer". Shoot, this would be really cool. You could make a base with sattionary weapons and u would have to infiltrate and steal a secret document or something. I think this would also be great casue it would add on to what can be done to the game since there isn't much left for the multiplayer and online stuff. Michal could release campaigns and a campaign editor. This would be so cool! Please post as I wan't to hear of any GOOD negative responses that have to do with REAL problems, not, "It would ruin soldat for no good reason"...[:P]

Also, check out my clan[:D] http://cyberspaceva.tripod.com

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 12, 2003, 5:43 am
Yes it has been said and flamed lol anyways someone will comment on this soon I'll just stay out of it and watch this escalate lol.

moysturfurmer
August 12, 2003, 6:36 am
I would be pretty cool depending on the types of mission.

A Stat gun destroy wave after wave of bots at about 10 per wave might be a fun little mini game.

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 6:59 am
if you want a mission, make a huge map with bots parolling certan areas :P

mr_bob
August 12, 2003, 7:31 am
i have a question how many people would actually i know alot of us are anti social cuz we spend our life here [thinks of myself and a few others] but i mean i like plaing with other people especially with people i know cuz its just funer[yes i know its not a word oh well]

so i wouldnt play them maybe try them but i would never stay with them i would always go back to multi

fabmanx
August 12, 2003, 9:42 am
well it will be pretty kewl, but me being so busy with clan matches i have no time to get some document silly :p :)

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 12:35 pm
well, i dont think a single-player campaign could really grasp the fun of the multiplayer... well, it might work, its not like i can predict the future or read minds or use the force or anything... j/k