( search forums )
Mines!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
evildude
August 12, 2003, 1:46 pm
I think that as a secondary weapon or a power-up u should get mines.
Not nething to snazzy just when u walk on them it blows up like a grenade. This would not be too much of a problem because you can just jetpack over it if you see one. These mines should be fairly small but you can just see a coloured wire or sumthing so that not erveryone dies from them. There should be an amount of time that it takes to place them, so that you cant just throw them like grenades when somebodies chasing you. Also there should be restrictions on where you can place them such as not on flag spawns because many n00bs will start getting gay kills when people run over the flag.

These are just sum ideas feel free to input on this because i quite like the idea of an unsuspecting soldier blown to bits when he doesnt look properly in the long grass![8D]

Littlex
August 12, 2003, 1:57 pm
jea 100% support BUT there should be no restriction where you can place em you know securing a flag with it would be awesome
but there should be the way that you can blow up mines when you shoot on em.
And i preffer then "on the way" mine placing like trow it and thats it, dosnt take the speed of the game you know

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 2:09 pm
yawn
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5757

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 2:15 pm
no comment

Dark_Noddy
August 12, 2003, 2:45 pm
Allready posted.. BTW.. I dont LIKE IT 1 BIT !!

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=5757

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 2:46 pm
i like it, but im sure this would never work untill jeeps n thigs were in.

Cookie.
August 13, 2003, 5:27 am
soundsss good

oetelmik
August 13, 2003, 1:00 pm
U know that mines that go up a few metres and explode in front of your face? and the boobytrap things THATS A GOOD IDEA, at the start of a game on a map with mines that should come back (if exploded) in a few minutes like powerups.

evildude
August 14, 2003, 11:04 am
they shouldnt be placed on a map because after 2 min of playing the map ul know where the mine spawns are

Aquillion
August 14, 2003, 4:11 pm
I think the powerup idea is a good way of doing it; make them come in boxes, like cluster grenades, and eventually self-destruct after being placed to keep the map from being overwhelmed. The exact number per box, the frequency of the boxes, and the timer until self-destruct would all need to be tweaked to fit it in, of course, but they could definately work out.

Nightmare
August 14, 2003, 10:30 pm
thats a great idea make it a powerup. that would be cool. make it so u can barly c it or it is like a bump in the ground where the mine is.

evildude
August 17, 2003, 3:57 am
yeah thats how id like to see it inputed
i think a power up like that would def have advantages on ctf and inf maps.

Hitman
August 18, 2003, 5:29 pm
It sounds ok but if someone is chaseing you, you can just drop a grenade and they run in to it.

SILENT
August 19, 2003, 6:30 am
i agree, if its made, make 2 in a power-up

sauron_the_deceiver
August 19, 2003, 10:28 am
Yah, you pick it up and it replaces nades, and you use the nade button to throw them to the floor. Could be good. However, I think mines should be put in as an anti vehicle weapon, and only that, so if vehicles go in (most unlikely) then you can have em.

juice _ box
August 19, 2003, 11:17 am
they will never get in :/ but i saw a video my uncle took from desert storm where a 8 year old girl steps on a land mine, its a sad site but you dont need a vehicle to make one go off.

Hitman
August 19, 2003, 1:50 pm
uhhh, that must have been horrible to see!

juice _ box
August 19, 2003, 2:21 pm
it made me sick :/ people think war is awsome and badass because you can kill people, but after you see somthing like that you realise how horrible it is :P but i would like to see landmines in soldat

SILENT
August 20, 2003, 12:26 am
Holy that sux so much[:-weepn][V]sorry to hear that.

yea it should replace nades.

BManx2000
August 20, 2003, 3:29 am
Yes, it happens every day, and that's why in those countries you always see people with artificial legs/crutches. But, there ARE specific anti-tank mines which require the weight of a vehicle to set one off... so yeah, whatever :P