( search forums )
The FINAL vehicle post - Decided YES :/
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
NuZZ
August 13, 2003, 2:04 am
Please read the origanal post: The FINAL vehicle post which is http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6425

Ok, you are voting whether you want vehicles in Soldat or not. 1 Vote per person. Remember, every vote counts!

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Votelet/30960

Thanx...
Last updated... 67 VOTES!

juice _ box
August 13, 2003, 2:12 am
good idea

moysturfurmer
August 13, 2003, 2:31 am
good Idea on maps made for it

:Edit: you spelled Poll wrong. (in the current context it's used in)

N1nj@
August 13, 2003, 3:35 am
omfg. you guys actaully think michal would do this?

Squal
August 13, 2003, 3:41 am
rofl, well ull never know o.O

ROFL * when i voted results were exact:
yes: 44.4
maybe: 11.2
no: 44.4
hehe will be fun when it ends up in a tie XD

mr_bob
August 13, 2003, 5:35 am
u know all the people that are going to say no are not going to read this

ive seen this topic countless time and this is the first time i wanted to read it

i vote not only no but hell [:-censored]ing no its not worth it

xXShavoXx
August 13, 2003, 5:48 am
quote:NEW STUFF NEVER HURTS A GAME!!!

You have no idea how wrong you are... no idea.

fabmanx
August 13, 2003, 6:04 am
agreed with emoac, no idea jeez u silly goose

koil
August 13, 2003, 6:15 am
omg new stuff never hurt a game?
cmon, atleast (and thats really atleast) 20% of the soldat community wanted to leave after 1.1.5 (cuz of the s.guns), and if it was for such 'minor' thing like s.guns, now you want fukin vehicals?

Duke33
August 13, 2003, 6:26 am
a definate no. It just doesnt fit soldat. I have ALWAYS bloody said this--soldat is meant to be a close action, fastpaced game with a deathmatch feel. Adding vehicles would make it WAY to stragetic. So, no.

But as mr bob said, most poeple who dont like vehicles wont read this cos they've seen it too many times...ah well...

JayBDey
August 13, 2003, 6:30 am
You can remove s.guns dumbs***

I think a better way to say it would be.

New stuff never hurts the game as long as it is optional.

The argument that soldat is DM is self defeating, if it was we wouldn?t have Realistic mod/Survival/CTF/INF

Soldat barely has an identity, it is what we make it. It isn?t complete so you can?t make a judgment on what it is/should be yet.

Duke33
August 13, 2003, 7:18 am
Jay B Day: By saying 'deathmatch feel' i dont mean the game mode. I mean the general feel of the game, throughout ALL modes. Do you see? That close combat feel...fighting for your life against people, getting into the game, feeling suspense and then adrenilene rush...etc etc. Thats deathmatch feel. Vehicles would bring in too much stragetic feel--traveling distances in vehicles, having to spend more than just a couple of seconds to get somewhere. Good for some games, but not soldat.

NuZZ
August 13, 2003, 12:47 pm
COUGH!... This is a post on *Vehicles* you do relise that? Just vote and bloody stop complaining. And no flaming... The doctor said I must stay room tempreture at all times for my illness to go away :)

CbbLe
August 13, 2003, 4:02 pm
If he's gonna add them..make a special gameplay for it...otherwise it will suck.

N1nj@
August 13, 2003, 4:10 pm
if he is going to add them to the ctf...i m quttiing soldat

Tha Doggfather
August 13, 2003, 4:26 pm
lol this is funny, do you actually think, that even if the final pol result is a YES, that Michal will listen to this? do you think hes obliged to add the vehicles because some people say so?!

anyways, just my opinion, not for the poll that isnt gonna make a differance:

NO

xXShavoXx
August 13, 2003, 4:35 pm
People have yet to convince me how Vehicles would even be a useful addition to Soldat. They sound more like a novelty to me, and even so, they aren't very cool. So, again, I will have to say... NO

kkazican
August 13, 2003, 7:11 pm
I liked the magic carpet idea better!

NO

TIR_Blade
August 13, 2003, 8:22 pm
This is way too complicated so
NO

JayBDey
August 13, 2003, 8:45 pm
I can't remember who but someone made a reference to an earlier post of mine about MGs.

You are very ignorant, you took my statement out of context and didn?t including later posts in the same thread where I cleared up any confusion about what I was saying. I will say it again. I like the IDEA of MGs, but the way they are NOW needs to change. Do you now understand? I am not, and never was part of the "20% Percent" you call it. MGS are GOOD, the way they are now BAD. But having them is a step forward in the right direction. I can?t make it any cleared than that, if you don?t understand that?s your problem.

I really hope I wont have to say all this AGAIN. Read the whole f**king post next time.

juice _ box
August 13, 2003, 10:38 pm
he has my 9 dollars, and has no right to complain. you dont know if it will last a week, your only saying that because you dont like it. If it were implemented who knows what would happen? none of you im sure of that. From now on if you dont like it dont post and let us idiots be happy. :)

kkazican
August 13, 2003, 10:56 pm
A week? I would give it 4 days before everyone gets pissed.

JayBDey
August 13, 2003, 11:22 pm
Again, if people REALLY hated them as much as you say, you wouldn't see any server running w/MGS.

juice _ box
August 13, 2003, 11:26 pm
agreed. you dont know for a fact that it would suck so, stop acting like you do.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 14, 2003, 1:08 am
amen. again i say, if its an option, it wont effect you.

psycho_cia
August 14, 2003, 1:22 am
It'll affect Micheal tho :P

that fuking sniper
August 14, 2003, 1:36 am
No.

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 2:12 am
hes getting paid.

downset13
August 14, 2003, 4:37 am
No, It just dosn't work! Unless u go with my single player mission mode idea... ;)

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 5:18 am
ok you dont [:-censored]ing know if it would work or not. You havnt [:-censored]ing tried it. Basicly all our opinions on this topic are wrong, we havnt tried it and we dont know if its a good or bad thing.
~FiN~

NuZZ
August 14, 2003, 7:57 am
Ok, yeah I hope i haven't pissed micheal off by continuing the bloody vehicles :/ *SoRRy!* but anyway, it seems all the people who hate the idea arn't posying no! its sad... I am not really rooting for the idea with all my heart... I just think It could happen with, as it may look, yiu guys are not thinking about it... You need to know who 2d's r like, I have experiance in making 2d games with certain "sorta popular, less popular then this game, kinda games" but I learned one thing which is very inportant... I won't spell correctly, and that anything new cannot harm... Thank you... And that I have alot of explosions and stuff 2 make a tank and any otehr vehicles!

Camping_Carl
August 14, 2003, 8:39 am
i think that would be gay and lag like a monkeys ass trying to type on a arcade machine

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 8:41 am
quote:ok you dont [:-censored]ing know if it would work or not. You havnt [:-censored]ing tried it. Basicly all our opinions on this topic are wrong, we havnt tried it and we dont know if its a good or bad thing.
congratz your last post was pointless :D

eyic
August 14, 2003, 9:07 am
god i wish, a moderator would lock all thse [:-censored]ed vechile topics, cant we all just live with it and actually agree to each other that, vechiles WONT get implemented and WOULD NEVER get implemented, for gods sake.....

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 9:25 am
we dont know that.

IDF-rambo
August 14, 2003, 9:26 am
nay

evildude
August 14, 2003, 11:00 am
could be good could be bad most likely bad.....

eyic
August 14, 2003, 11:05 am
Selfkill interviewed Michal and this is what he said about vechiles and the question selfkill asked....

quote:SelfKill Question: Will there ever be a mode with vehicles ? They wont fit in the normal deathmatch oder ctf type, but perhaps in a new mode.

Michal replyed: Vehicles would be cool. But I think it should be another game not another mode.

juice _ box
August 14, 2003, 11:16 am
where can i locate this interview?

eyic
August 14, 2003, 11:51 am
www.selfkill.com

heres the interview url :
http://www.selfkill.com/webv2/content/cms.php?action=showdetails&id=163&title=Frequently%20Asked%20Questions

sauron_the_deceiver
August 14, 2003, 1:03 pm
Alright, before I say anything I'm just letting people know I'm a follower of the vehicles idea.

Now, I am reaching a compromise.

quote:Vehicles would be cool. But I think it should be another game not another mode.

How about, Michal releases a Soldat version with pure bug and S gun fixes. Obviously this would be Soldat 1.1.6. Then he could release Soldat 1.1.6b, which includes vehicles. Both versions would be compatible in the lobby. Then, people would experience vehicles first hand. Michal could also do a poll, much like the one this topic is about, too see the public opinion on this (advertised on the main page etc). Detirmined by the poll would be whether vehicles would stay or not.

I am adamant that if Michal implements vehicles, he fixes bugs completely first.

mikaelgg50
August 14, 2003, 1:33 pm
yeah its a fuvking great idee I love it =DK

N1nj@
August 14, 2003, 3:37 pm
lol. so thats mean no vehicles in Soldat, w00t!

R
August 14, 2003, 5:51 pm
yay! for all those that want vehicles go play freaking tribes or battlefield 1942 or GTA!!! long live no vehicles! and please dont try to come up with ways for michal to still get vehicles cause as he just pointed out in the interveiw, HES NOT GOING TO MAKE THEM.

peemonkey
August 14, 2003, 9:55 pm
finally those FVCKING idiots who keep posting about vehicules will stop. even i know they would mess the game up even more than sg's. whats wrong with you people?

sauron_the_deceiver
August 14, 2003, 11:16 pm
R: Michal said that it would be cool, but for another game. I think, by this, he meant for something like version 1.2.x. So we ain't getting vehicles for a while yet.

R
August 14, 2003, 11:22 pm
ANOTHER GAME

i dont think he meant another version of his own game

eyic
August 15, 2003, 7:08 am
agreed with R, and plus vechiles wotn work with Soldat, cant we all agree to this?

Kingy
August 15, 2003, 12:00 pm
Good idea, as long as they dont control the game and make it too easy!
The map would need to be suitable for a vehicle/s anyways.

Keep up the great ideas Kingy(Peebody)

sauron_the_deceiver
August 15, 2003, 6:10 pm
eyic: Thats the most immature thing I've heard/read in a long time.

YOU think Vehicles wouldn't work with Soldat. I do. You might have reasons for them not working. I have them for them WORKING.

What you said is "I don't like this idea; I'm right. Agree with me". What if I was to say "Vehicles WILL work with Soldat, can't we all agree to this?"?

The only way to sort the Vehicles debate is with a poll which most people seem to be ignoring. Well thats a fat lot of use.

juice _ box
August 15, 2003, 6:20 pm
let this thread die theres a new one for it. THE 3RD VEHICLE thread!!!112

Squal
August 15, 2003, 6:47 pm
is this gonna be like the * WHO POSTS LAST WILL WIN * topic?...

NuZZ
August 16, 2003, 12:24 am
God do you not geet sick of noobs posting above the pros, it pisses me off !anyway, michal may do this or that to this and that, nad may accept the idea ... But, I think we should just leave this topic for now, don't you think so!?

Omenalimonadi-
August 29, 2003, 3:00 pm
I'll vote too!

Yes.

Social Poison
August 30, 2003, 1:49 am
The following is a copy paste message from Social Poison. Likely he'll not check this thread again for the reason that it is: over suggested and dumb

--------------
Read me: http://www.selfkill.de/webv2/content/cms.php?action=showdetails&id=163&title=Frequently%20Asked%20Questions
--------------

toadsMoke
August 30, 2003, 3:44 pm
Okay. Guys, keep this thread on topic, or I'm going to Lock it and start doing bad bad things to those people that are trying to turn this into a Flame thread.

This Will Be The Last Thread Pertaining to Vehicles